Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 59. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
March 17, 2014, 01:16:58 AM
APH is giving a 25% higher return at current diff of 118. Try it if you can stand the volatility

What coin is APH?

I think he means a pool but I don't know which one either Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
March 17, 2014, 01:16:28 AM
APH is giving a 25% higher return at current diff of 118. Try it if you can stand the volatility

What coin is APH?

P.S. Poloniex can't decide if it is [BTC/AIR (Correct)] or [AIR/BTC (Incorrect)]
{They changed the redundant symbol order on all the charts. They are not swappable. lol.}

It is xxx BTC /per/ 1 AIR...
Not xxx AIR /per/ 1 BTC...

That exchange just lost all my interest... lol.
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 17, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

I am sitting on only 2000AIR at the moment. (No fear from me, I am a hoarder... I have millions in fireflycoin and thousands and thousands of emeraldcoins and also globalcoins and phoenixcoins too. Tongue Others of various denominations, as they never all rise at the same time.)

Also, at the moment, at the previous high-difficulty, I was earning 26.04AIR a day, with 3MHs worth of my miners, solo-mining. (One rig.)

At the current price, that is about $24.99 a day ($749.70 a month)... Which is more than any other scrypt-coin estimates, at the moment. (Highest scrypt-coin daily return is about $17.00 at the moment.)

That is about $8.3328/MHs

Now, with the lower difficulty, I will make more. Tongue (I assume a pool went down? DDOS or just internet gremlins.)

If you are making less in a pool... then your pool may be one of the ones having share-thefts occur. (Thus, you are getting less blocks, but splitting the blocks found, over more shares... thus, getting less than me, who is solo-mining.)

Once this coin hits Cryptsy, I will be buying more. I don't care for poloniex... Keeps freezing on me and does not load a lot. Plus, I prefer FinCEN listed exchanges now, after the whole Gox issue. Tongue
March 17, 2014, 01:05:15 AM
Hmmmm I might hire a few rigs....

Do you fellows know if http://air.ctrlaltdefeated.us/ has the share cheating problem ? How do you check for that ?

You know your hash-rate... I just showed you what I was getting, for the prior hash-rate/diff-value. You should have similar results, better since you are in a pool with more spread of luck than any solo-miner.

Also, you can find a similar difficulty coin on a website like coinwarz, and see the "estimates"... If the coin is a 25 reward in 1.5 minutes, and it says you should earn 75 coins per day... you should be finding about 3 blocks. (Here that would be 3*3.72 = 11.16AIR in 24 hour period.) That is provided that the difficulty is roughly the same. But ballpark...

If you have only 5 coins a day... for days... then your pool may be getting share-raped and block-starved, or have lots of down-time you are not seeing. (If your hash-rate average is reported the same as your miner, then it is not the pool "shorting you". That is an external manipulation, screwing with the blocks acceptance. Unless your pool just got stuck with a bunch of orphans, from a mini-fork.) Your pool should have a history of blocks they found. Also, how "lucky they are"... and "expected blocks", and "expected next block-time". If it expects 1 block every 5 minutes, with the hash-rate they have, but it only finds 1 every 10 minutes... that is a "sign" of an issue. (As long as the difficulty didn't double between estimates, and keep doubling.)

Diff at the moment is about 17.08 (1.12M in cgminer)... Closest coin to that difficulty and reward, is WorldCoin so 50 reward @ 150 a day, is 3 blocks a day, which is about 11.16AIR... But WorldCoin is a 30-sec coin target, so I would expect double that estimate. Which would be about 22.32 AIR, which is what I actually get. (Fast-coins like that have a lot of rejects and losses. That is why I double that estimate from the website. I have gotten zero rejects with this higher diff, and only had about 5% rejects when AIR was super-low difficulty, due to the longer time for finding a target solution, and the implementation of the KGW.)
legendary
March 17, 2014, 12:55:31 AM
Hmmmm I might hire a few rigs....

Do you fellows know if http://air.ctrlaltdefeated.us/ has the share cheating problem ? How do you check for that ?
March 17, 2014, 12:50:35 AM
I am sitting on only 2000AIR at the moment. (No fear from me, I am a hoarder... I have millions in fireflycoin and thousands and thousands of emeraldcoins and also globalcoins and phoenixcoins too. Tongue Others of various denominations, as they never all rise at the same time.)

Also, at the moment, at the previous high-difficulty, I was earning 26.04AIR a day, with 3MHs worth of my miners, solo-mining. (One rig.)

At the current price, that is about $24.99 a day ($749.70 a month)... Which is more than any other scrypt-coin estimates, at the moment. (Highest scrypt-coin daily return is about $17.00 at the moment.)

That is about $8.3328/MHs

Now, with the lower difficulty, I will make more. Tongue (I assume a pool went down? DDOS or just internet gremlins.)

If you are making less in a pool... then your pool may be one of the ones having share-thefts occur. (Thus, you are getting less blocks, but splitting the blocks found, over more shares... thus, getting less than me, who is solo-mining.)

Once this coin hits Cryptsy, I will be buying more. I don't care for poloniex... Keeps freezing on me and does not load a lot. Plus, I prefer FinCEN listed exchanges now, after the whole Gox issue. Tongue
legendary
March 17, 2014, 12:31:46 AM
So how many AIRcoins do you guys have now ? I have a couple over 400 at the moment.

EDIT I just caught a pretty big dump, but we're gonna need the Aircoin team to take the next one, im out of BTC for now
March 16, 2014, 11:57:38 PM
There's one fact you're overlooking.

You're overestimating the avarage miners IQ. Many of them don't to proper math. The read a cool ANN and point their rigs without calculating the cost of "the food for the cows". They like a coin, so they mine it. Naive and silly, but that's how it goes.

In case anyone cares, I won't be mining AIR because of the diff but I'm buying  whatever is dumped.

I am not overlooking that "hope to get rich". Tongue (That is what is driving them. At any expense.)

I, like you, "want" more of the low valued coins that those are willing to sell. Throw them my way, I eat them for breakfast! Tongue

But, I also still mine, because the difficulty is not up to 200,000 yet. So, in a year, when it is, this mining now will be a lot more rewarding. Tongue I have time to wait. My cows eat the neighbors grass! lol. I breath your AIR! (Not sure what that is saying. xD)
legendary
March 16, 2014, 11:52:26 PM
I would argue a few points of your recent posts, but I'll stick to just one that I think makes the point, demand is what forces prices to rise, not mining difficulty.

Demand also raises price... but A farmer has to ask for enough to cover the cost of the cows food...

Thus, difficulty (Us spending money on electricity [AKA: overhead loss]), DOES raise the price... There is no "demand" for AIR at the moment. Also, thus, "Demand is not what is driving the value." (Want, possibly, for future HOPE, but not "Demand"... There are no crowds building in the streets, demanding AIRcoins. Tongue)

There's one fact you're overlooking.

You're overestimating the avarage miners IQ. Many of them don't to proper math. The read a cool ANN and point their rigs without calculating the cost of "the food for the cows". They like a coin, so they mine it. Naive and silly, but that's how it goes.

In case anyone cares, I won't be mining AIR because of the diff but I'm buying  whatever is dumped.
March 16, 2014, 11:47:46 PM
I would argue a few points of your recent posts, but I'll stick to just one that I think makes the point, demand is what forces prices to rise, not mining difficulty.

Demand also raises price... but A farmer has to ask for enough to cover the cost of the cows food...

Thus, difficulty (Us spending money on electricity [AKA: overhead loss]), DOES raise the price... There is no "demand" for AIR at the moment. Also, thus, "Demand is not what is driving the value." ("Want", possibly, for future HOPE, but not "Demand"... There are no crowds building in the streets, demanding AIRcoins. Tongue)

Want is not Demand. Need is Demand. Want is Desire. (However, "Want" does drive value over the price of demand. Look at the "Segway", and "Ferrari". No-one "Needs" those. They are not "Demanded" by anyone. But "Wanted or Desired" by many.)

We are at the point of HOPE and OVERHEAD-LOSS, at the moment... Step #2 is "Creating a Need" for AIR. Which was my post a few back. There is a slight level of WANT here... But that fades fast. Everyone Wants to become rich! Tongue Buying for $0.01 and selling for $100,000.00 but that is not NEED.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
Remember, Milk was $0.05 a gallon at one time... Then everyone wanted it... It went to $0.25, then $1.50, then $3.00...
The price went up largely beacuse there were so many more dollars in existence. Simply compare inflation rates in say, the 19th century, with inflation rates following the changes that occurred in the 20th century in the USA.

Activity: 532
March 16, 2014, 11:14:36 PM
Remember, Milk was $0.05 a gallon at one time... Then everyone wanted it... It went to $0.25, then $1.50, then $3.00... There is no shortage of milk... We throw billions of gallons away, every month. We don't all rush-out to get milk, so there is no "demand". It is rising, simply because the dollar is falling in value.

Mining is the same way. 0.0001BTC/AIR is a good deal to someone who earned 10,000 in one day (Not many of those people). 0.001BTC/AIR is a good deal to those who earned 1,000 a day (Many of those now). 0.01BTC/AIR is a good deal to those who earned 100 a day (Few of us there, due to the fast diff-climb.) 0.1BTC/AIR will be a great deal in a week, when most of us can only earn 10 a day, or less...

Just an example. Not far from the truth. The faster those 100,000AIR-200,000AIR from the early dumpers go... the better. Because they have a new value of whatever price they sold for now. They are no longer worth only $0.000001 a piece, they were bought at $0.01802 a piece. Thus, they have to be sold higher now, or sold lower for a loss. (Again, another example, not actual prices.)

P.S. When you TRADE to TRADE for GAINS... it does not matter what the price is, when you buy it. It only matters that it goes up from what you purchased it for, when you sell it. Unless we had hedges, then you want it to go down. Tongue If you see it going down, sell it, then buy back at the bottom... Common trade trick.

P.P.S. +1 for PhoenixCoin support.

I think you overestimate the number of coins mined. We're on block 21540 and there are 5 blocks premine. 3.72 AIR per block x 21535 = 80110.2 .. there's probably a bit more than that but not much. With the block time being 2 minutes there's 2678.4 AIR mined per day. So there's no way someone made 10K a day or even 1k a day. AIR is rarer than you think. Early dumpers have maybe a few thousand AIR at best. And only the retarded ones are dumping now.
legendary
March 16, 2014, 11:08:57 PM

Mining is the same way. 0.0001BTC/AIR is a good deal to someone who earned 10,000 in one day (Not many of those people). 0.001BTC/AIR is a good deal to those who earned 1,000 a day (Many of those now). 0.01BTC/AIR is a good deal to those who earned 100 a day (Few of us there, due to the fast diff-climb.) 0.1BTC/AIR will be a great deal in a week, when most of us can only earn 10 a day, or less...

Just an example. Not far from the truth. The faster those 100,000AIR-200,000AIR from the early dumpers go... the better. Because they have a new value of whatever price they sold for now. They are no longer worth only $0.000001 a piece, they were bought at $0.01802 a piece. Thus, they have to be sold higher now, or sold lower for a loss. (Again, another example, not actual prices.)

Loads of assumptions and numbers that you seem to pull out of your ass, my friend Wink Many people who mine more then 1k AIR a day ? I think not.

PS Im not affiliated with PhoenixCoin, I just can't change my old Phenixcoin logo Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2014, 11:08:31 PM
That is not about "This coin", that is about mining in general. Yes, those are pumpers and dumpers and value-hoppers. The ones who rape coins value. Creating loss for others, making it not-profitable to mine, then abandoning it, and gambling on a coin of lower value, pumping it to make it look valuable. That was sort of the point. (Don't bitch because you couldn't RAPE US, and move on... Just move-on.) *Not directed at you.
Isn't that quite close to the TeamAir business model?

http://teamaircoin.org/about/#toggle-id-9

Won’t this hurt other currency’s exchange rates?

In the case of small, neglible, failing, and broken coins that are still being traded, Yes.

In the case of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other high-market-capitalization coins, no.

AIRcoin operates on the law of Survival of the Fittest. Our traders will grow the pool of the total amount of AIRcoins out there, usually by trading aggressively with other, weaker currencies. However, the natural market movements of Litecoin, Bitcoin, and all of the Fiat Currencies can more than sustain the growth of the AIRcoin investing pool.

In an ideal case, every time another coin goes through a pump and dump, the AIRcoin team is paying close attention to the market and will use the opportunity to grow the investing pool. This means that while investing in AIRcoin, you are effectively investing in every coin as it is pumped, and selling every coin right before it dumps.

But this isn’t just about growing the investor’s money, it’s about the survival of the Cryptocoin as a legitimate currency. The economists at AIA believe that cryptocoin technology does have the potential to replace fiat currency, but it requires stable currencies that will survive longer than a few months. Many of these new coins are woefully undermanaged, created by programmers or schemers but with no real understanding of how markets work.
Emphasis mine.

Activity: 658
March 16, 2014, 11:00:33 PM
Actually, ISAWHIM, I think you're being a bit to emotional and sentimental about this whole game. When you look at it rationally, you'll see that this is a perfectly viable and profitable method :

1 Mine the most profitable coin that has enough volume to sell everything you mine.
2 Sell
3 Buy less profitable coins you believe have the promise of long term value
4 Hold

Right now, it doesn't make sense to mine AIR, unless the reason you do it is to support the network. It makes much more sense to look for the next pump and dump coin, mine and dump it, and use that BTC to buy AIR, if you are so inclined.

That is not about "This coin", that is about mining in general. Yes, those are pumpers and dumpers and value-hoppers. The ones who rape coins value. Creating loss for others, making it not-profitable to mine, then abandoning it, and gambling on a coin of lower value, pumping it to make it look valuable. That was sort of the point. (Don't bitch because you couldn't RAPE US, and move on... Just move-on.) *Not directed at you.

"Why can't it be more valuable, I can't cash-out now!" (Words of only a dumper. Because value NOW is not pertinent to anyone mining for future-value or investment. Cashing-out now, to leave and go mine else-where, is not "helping us or the coin"... So your above "method", is irrelevant to "making the coin valuable". We are not here to feed people looking to rape us. Tongue Staying here to mine is what FORCES the price to rise, because no-one can "Settle for less" as the difficulty rises by steady miners.)

March 16, 2014, 10:35:50 PM
Remember, Milk was $0.05 a gallon at one time... Then everyone wanted it... It went to $0.25, then $1.50, then $3.00... There is no shortage of milk... We throw billions of gallons away, every month. We don't all rush-out to get milk, so there is no "demand". It is rising, simply because the dollar is falling in value.

P.S. When you TRADE to TRADE for GAINS... it does not matter what the price is, when you buy it. It only matters that it goes up from what you purchased it for, when you sell it. Unless we had hedges, then you want it to go down. Tongue If you see it going down, sell it, then buy back at the bottom... Common trade trick.

legendary
March 16, 2014, 10:26:26 PM
https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_air

Wow, lots of new buy order just came in. I think we're gonna see a little spike again.
March 16, 2014, 10:23:13 PM
Actually, ISAWHIM, I think you're being a bit to emotional and sentimental about this whole game. When you look at it rationally, you'll see that this is a perfectly viable and profitable method :

1 Mine the most profitable coin that has enough volume to sell everything you mine.
2 Sell
3 Buy less profitable coins you believe have the promise of long term value
4 Hold

Right now, it doesn't make sense to mine AIR, unless the reason you do it is to support the network. It makes much more sense to look for the next pump and dump coin, mine and dump it, and use that BTC to buy AIR, if you are so inclined.

"Why can't it be more valuable, I can't cash-out now!" (Words of only a dumper. Because value NOW is not pertinent to anyone mining for future-value or investment. Cashing-out now, to leave and go mine else-where, is not "helping us or the coin"... So your above "method", is irrelevant to "making the coin valuable". We are not here to feed people looking to rape us. Tongue Staying here to mine is what FORCES the price to rise, because no-one can "Settle for less" as the difficulty rises by steady miners.)
March 16, 2014, 10:20:11 PM
P.S. Pool operators... keep an eye out for miners who do not find ANY coins... Yet claim shares. That is a trick to take rewards from pools, while destroying your "image" in the process. A simple week of mining should be sufficient to "challenge" any miner. No-one has that bad of luck, at these early stages. Suspicious miners should have every share "tested", and if they should have hit at-least ten blocks by the reported difficulty they are claiming, but have not hit one at all... then they are purposely throwing-out the found blocks, to reduce your other members returns. Also, you should ensure that all shares are checked, if possible. (Not all pools check all shares, and some miners know this, submitting fake and resubmitted shares that are valid as a hash, but do not hash-out to match.) Again, you could randomly "challenge" or test individuals for this type of theft. Pool operators do this to each-other, to squish the little-guys. This is not something a solo-miner would do. They would not gain from it.

A good indicator is the KGW difficulty. If it is only showing something like 800MHs for the network, by difficulty average, but the actual hash-power of all total pools is something like 1300MHs, then someone with a lot of hashing-power is claiming shares and not submitting actual found blocks. (Also a sign that they may be attempting to stall the network or trying to purposely fork it.)

Also make sure you are not using a pool-code that allows diff-1 shares to be counted. (That was an older exploit used to drain pools by users collecting shares where they were not actually earned.)

Same if one of your connections in the daemon is constantly rejecting your valid shares... block that IP... they are purposely trying to stall your discovery to increase the chances of them finding the next block. They will use many wallets/daemons that are set in place to reject any valid blocks you submit to the network. That is called a "Misbehaving node". We don't see that, only you do. You know what you submitted. If you submit and it is rejected, but no other block is "new" seconds later.. Chances are, you are being locked-out by them on purpose.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 16, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
It looks like the difficulty has not come down to where it should be yet.
Pages:
Jump to: