Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 4. (Read 137228 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Proteus?
August 06, 2017, 11:09:44 AM
Been a little too long without an update, sorry about that.

Setting up brick and mortar clients with the Small Change Service. If you know anyone interested in participating in our program (we'll explain it to them), you can earn a recurring revenue stream from their store.

We'll be expanding to online shops afterward.

Proteus?
July 30, 2017, 08:23:05 PM
Small Change Service webapp alpha test by 08-15-17.

UPDATES:Switched from current Litecoin master version back to PoW/PoS hybrid X11...by request.  We can implement another network on top of this later.
Proteus?
July 24, 2017, 04:56:34 PM
Working on a draft of a QRL (Quantum Resistant Ledger, original open source project here: https://theqrl.org/) as part of the Small Change Service (see below, in UPDATES) which is back compatible with extant altcoin chains.  It will, of course, be open source. Details to be posted in Slack in the coming weeks.

UPDATES: the draft of level 2 protection (dynamic block reward based on market price) should be available by  08-01-2017.  The source will be available only to those joining the developer side of the project and will be released to everyone at a later date.

Difficulty readjustment algorithms are still under consideration.

Work on the Small Change Service app begins after the actual crypto asset has been developed. After app development, the actual details of the Small Change Service will be made available. The Service will provide buy support for the asset.

- Proteus.
Proteus?
July 21, 2017, 02:15:49 PM
Stay tuned (IRC, Slack, here) for news about the Aleph0 Small Change project. Using real world partners, we will guarantee buy support for the asset via "spare change".  It's pretty clever, some charities have been raising millions for years in the U.S. using this method.

Also we will be supporting the Omega One team, if you don't know them already: http://bit.ly/2u7qVAr
Proteus?
July 21, 2017, 05:49:40 AM
We're on IRC!

I know a few people have been asking about this b/c they didn't have the time (or simply didn't want to) join the Slack channels to just drop by and ask a few questions.

Now you can find us here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=Aleph0-Aleph

We also have a dev channel: #Aleph0-Aleph-dev

For other ventures or questions about this group in general;

A channel for the Lighthouse Project: #Aleph0-Lighthouse

and of course a channel for the entire enterprise: #Aleph0
Proteus?
July 19, 2017, 11:33:01 AM
Forgoing x11 or Neoscrypt hash for now, using current Master at Litecoin.

Implementing Segwit (BIP141, BIP143, and BIP147 specifically, on nHeight == 2) in latest fork.

Still trying to determine difficulty readjustment algorithm, probably something based on a list of floating averages.

Extending internal REST capabilities of core found: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/master/doc/REST-interface.md the problem is the lack of authentification of both endpoints. No need to add a new REST client to core though if one already exists.
Proteus?
July 14, 2017, 11:19:36 PM
Level 1 inflation protection: Successful binding of block reward to the difficulty of the Aleph0 token through C++, choosing a suitable algorithm is required. Join Slack team for details.

TODO: Level 2 inflation protection-- Bind block reward to both difficulty and example market price of another coin, choosing calculation of opportunity cost of mining as the algorithm for Target Price.

ANN:
AIR will be accepted for new Aleph0 tokens up to an as of yet TBD limit, for non-AIRcoin-team-members who've posted prior to page 108, join Slack team for details!

Proteus?
July 08, 2017, 05:51:23 AM
Updated Slack w/ Asset Development schedule, a general plan for FinCEN licensing, and bulkflow diagram draft 1 or Aleph0 Extension.  Also added links to Aleph0 Lighthouse social presence.

A new thread will be started soon for Aleph0 branching from AIR.
Proteus?
July 05, 2017, 07:40:53 PM
To all still reading:

AIR will be relaunched, under a different name w/ the original features as promised (and a few new ones).  The connections many of you will perceive to "legitimize" the coin (whatever that means varies I think) have been put into place.   All that's left is the Dev team I've been working on. I've also restricted access to this account so that ONE person will be responding and posting on this site for consistency.

DM me for more details about project release timeline, specifics, and there will be an IIRC available for a conversation with those interested.  Eventually, I will have a Skype address up and running for video chat and planning. Here's your chance to be part of this experiment again: this time conducted the correct way using data from the first time around, to minimize risk all around.

-- Proteus

So what will happen to all of our old AirCoin. Are you just going to create a new token and render the old one useless? Might want to consider switching to POS as with POW people just stopped mining the coin.

All old coins will indeed be invalidated.  Phase I trial is over.  It will most likely be heavy modification of a fork (to keep things straightforward, as you know the innovative concepts of this coin are more on the financial side), but of a fork that has some nice features: the current candidate is HTMLcoin (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/html5-coin-maintained-ann-gen2-x15-powpos-games-marketplaces-merchants-971382 <== really give their social media presentations a look, if you haven't), with NeoScrypt, implementing X11 later.

http://ufocoin.co/ is another candidate.

We are on Slack now:https://join.slack.com/aleph0tech/shared_invite/MjA4MDQwNjk0MjI1LTE0OTkzMjg4NzQtZGZlNzc0OWVlNA Join the discussion!
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 08:57:49 AM
To all still reading:

AIR will be relaunched, under a different name w/ the original features as promised (and a few new ones).  The connections many of you will perceive to "legitimize" the coin (whatever that means varies I think) have been put into place.   All that's left is the Dev team I've been working on. I've also restricted access to this account so that ONE person will be responding and posting on this site for consistency.

DM me for more details about project release timeline, specifics, and there will be an IIRC available for a conversation with those interested.  Eventually, I will have a Skype address up and running for video chat and planning. Here's your chance to be part of this experiment again: this time conducted the correct way using data from the first time around, to minimize risk all around.

-- Proteus

So what will happen to all of our old AirCoin. Are you just going to  create a new token and render the old one useless? Might want to consider switching to POS as with POW people just stopped mining the coin.
Proteus?
July 04, 2017, 02:16:33 PM
To all still reading:

DM me for more details about project release timeline, specifics, and there will be a freenode IRC available for a conversation with those interested.  Eventually, I will have a Skype address up and running for video chat and planning. Here's your chance to be part of this experiment again: this time conducted the correct way using data from the first time around, to minimize risk all around.

-- Proteus
Proteus?
June 22, 2017, 10:04:08 PM
Is this coin dead?

Yep the blockchain is broken and i have a bunch of useless coins.  Good concept but bad execution!!!

You're right that something fishy happened here, though.  I know I have no right to ask this of you, but wait patiently: this could take a while.  It's not every day you plan the proper execution of potentially one of the most useful financial instruments to date.  Especially when the leadership itself was not as incorruptible as it seemed.  Everything will be restored in time however.  

Deh-Shay Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah.

Da Fuck Dude?!?!  After two years you decide to post some drivel?!?!  No reason for your coin to be dead.  If you switched to Proof of State it would still be somewhat alive.

My hands were tied in that period.  I was literally banned from intervening w/ the coin itself, or anything related to its state. I understand your frustration, I assure you I too shared plenty of that.  I believed in my teammates every bit as much as some of you did. As you know, the problem wasn't the concept, it was the execution.  After that failed (actually was bungled), it was clear there were no means by which to counteract and advance from the failures.  Most of those were internal anyway.  Like I said, that will change soon enough.

I read this while checking repliesto old threads. I still have the whitepaper downloaded somewhere. Your trader which was supposed to autobuy your currency never checked in and the currency crashed. Now, if you are alone in this project and really want to commit to it, i'm willing to buy AIR at 0.001 sat. The total cap was set at 1 billion.
'

Would be willing to work w/ you on the dev side, not the economics part right now.
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
We are the ones we've been waiting for
May 17, 2017, 10:17:24 PM
Is this coin dead?

Yep the blockchain is broken and i have a bunch of useless coins.  Good concept but bad execution!!!

You're right that something fishy happened here, though.  I know I have no right to ask this of you, but wait patiently: this could take a while.  It's not every day you plan the proper execution of potentially one of the most useful financial instruments to date.  Especially when the leadership itself was not as incorruptible as it seemed.  Everything will be restored in time however.  

Da Fuck Dude?!?!  After two years you decide to post some drivel?!?!  No reason for your coin to be dead.  If you switched to Proof of State it would still be somewhat alive.

My hands were tied in that period.  I was literally banned from intervening w/ the coin itself, or anything related to its state. I understand your frustration, I assure you I too shared plenty of that.  I believed in my teammates every bit as much as some of you did. As you know, the problem wasn't the concept, it was the execution.  After that failed (actually was bungled), it was clear there were no means by which to counteract and advance from the failures.  Most of those were internal anyway.  Like I said, that will change soon enough.

I read this while checking repliesto old threads. I still have the whitepaper downloaded somewhere. Your trader which was supposed to autobuy your currency never checked in and the currency crashed. Now, if you are alone in this project and really want to commit to it, i'm willing to buy AIR at 0.001 sat. The total cap was set at 1 billion.
Proteus?
February 17, 2017, 11:26:46 PM
Is this coin dead?

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
February 17, 2017, 09:29:48 PM
lol. my aircoin trade history is still within poloniex.  one of the first lessons i learned through practice actually. at the time i couldn't comprehend why it kept going lower Roll Eyes rookie shit
February 17, 2017, 04:22:59 PM
Is this coin dead?

Da Fuck Dude?!?!  After two years you decide to post some drivel?!?!  No reason for your coin to be dead.  If you switched to Proof of State it would still be somewhat alive.
Proteus?
February 01, 2017, 01:34:42 AM
Is this coin dead?

October 03, 2015, 09:10:45 AM
Is this coin dead?

Yep the blockchain is broken and i have a bunch of useless coins.  Good concept but bad execution!!!
Activity: 644
September 24, 2015, 04:51:47 PM
Is this coin dead?
Activity: 529
We are the ones we've been waiting for
July 17, 2015, 02:05:12 AM
So everything vanished  in thin AIR
Pages:
Jump to: