Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine! - page 2. (Read 100391 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
luqash3 continue to work with average hashrate of 20-25kh/s, and he still finds the most blocks
poor highspeed miners....look like there just not enougn luck for them, right ckoeber?

I am not to defend whoever, I am just puzzled about that Smiley

As far as I see the pool does not offer any extra reward to block finders apart from this rating (It might be that I missed something). Then why this bothers you?

If you suspect that something is handled unfair, why you don't change the pool?

Do you know that different card models produce different results in terms of solution reporting latency?

Because this person is most likely trying to promote another pool. What better way to do that than to sully an existing pool operator who charges no fees. Smiley Smiley
show pls the post from me with link to another glx pool...or just continue to make your good work, sir lugash-ckoeber
Activity: 182
luqash3 continue to work with average hashrate of 20-25kh/s, and he still finds the most blocks
poor highspeed miners....look like there just not enougn luck for them, right ckoeber?

As far as I see the pool does not offer any extra reward to block finders apart from this rating (It might be that I missed something). Then why this bothers you?

Do you know that different card models produce different results in terms of solution reporting latency?

Because this person is most likely trying to promote another pool. What better way to do that than to sully an existing pool operator who charges no fees. Smiley Smiley

Fair enough; review how many shares that user earned and thus what was the respective payouts for that user each round.

You can scroll back to any round in question via the arrows at the top of the page.
lets consider a guy with a veyron and guy with 1980 year vw golf
they go 1/4 mile 10 times, and m8 with golf win 8 of 10 races...
its very interesting why do you need spent money to veyron if you can win with 1980 junk...and very strange)
Activity: 574
Merit: 523

Easy, that user has been mining at a much higher hash rate earlier and has then left the pool after withdrawing their coins or whatever.

It takes a while for the pool to update after someone leaves the pool while contributing an extremely high hash-rate because they have so much existing shares left.

Therefore the pool software will still calculate some of the existing shares in the hashrates.

You can try this yourself if you like; try out my pool for a while, disconnect, and see if your account still shows a positive hashrate for a while longer before finally reaching zero (0).

sure, sure...

lets take a look at today stats

Easy, that user has been mining at a much higher hash rate earlier and has then left the pool after withdrawing their coins or whatever.

It takes a while for the pool to update after someone leaves the pool while contributing an extremely high hash-rate because they have so much existing shares left.

Therefore the pool software will still calculate some of the existing shares in the hashrates.

You can try this yourself if you like; try out my pool for a while, disconnect, and see if your account still shows a positive hashrate for a while longer before finally reaching zero (0).

so lets talk about 0% fee pools
currently mining at http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com/
so, what do we have here?
first, take a look at finder section

as we see, first place taken by user luqash3
second, take a look at blocks section

nice work luqash3

and third, take a look at pool section

wow luqash3 23kh/s....and most blocks finded by this user

maybe I dont understand how things works...but it seems A LITTLE strange for me when 20kh/s miner finds a blocks almost one by one...

can someone explain this ?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
  Admin from poolofpools here, looks like coinarmy is on the same fork as us... How are you determining which is the 'right' fork? Based on cryptsy? Are any pools on the 'right' fork?  How are you even sure there is a fork? When did the fork happen?   I've been able to send coins to cryptsy from our pool and it wasn't that long ago.    I will gladly kill our pool if we are on the wrong fork, as I'm quite tired of the wallet eating as much CPU as it does.  We definitely need to either kill this coin or get a new 'modern' set of wallets.

FYI cryptsy is on the fork that right now has 219094 blocks (hash of block 219094 is 0000000053235ef712be5fae119519f992b0d816e14ac5918a0882beb0486e64). There are at least two forks, poolofpools and coinchoose are on the "wrong" one for example.

If your client stops syncing you probably have a bunch of messages like this in your debug.log;

ERROR: mempool transaction missing input

Just restart the client every time this happens to continue syncing (might/will happen quite a few times during syncing... ).
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
anyone mining solo glx?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
There is something weird going on with the network: share rates go up and down -- looks like some huge multipool comes to mine from time to time which results in difficulty spikes. Then they go away and difficulty goes way down. Rinse and repeat.

Someone needs to fix their software, as this is not doing any service to their users, nor to the coin.
It will be forking. The diff rate on the coin wouldn't be so low if there were any huge pools mining it.

The coin needs work, the diff rate change percentage needs to be lowered to make it less aggressive, some new checkpoints need adding, and something needs to be done about the errors:

The dev stopped supporting it.

I'm working on (slowly) building a new wallet that fixes these errors.
I will then take over development
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
There is something weird going on with the network: share rates go up and down -- looks like some huge multipool comes to mine from time to time which results in difficulty spikes. Then they go away and difficulty goes way down. Rinse and repeat.

Someone needs to fix their software, as this is not doing any service to their users, nor to the coin.
It will be forking. The diff rate on the coin wouldn't be so low if there were any huge pools mining it.

The coin needs work, the diff rate change percentage needs to be lowered to make it less aggressive, some new checkpoints need adding, and something needs to be done about the errors:

Activity: 309
Merit: 250
confused developer
FYI cryptsy is on the fork that right now has 219094 blocks (hash of block 219094 is 0000000053235ef712be5fae119519f992b0d816e14ac5918a0882beb0486e64). There are at least two forks, poolofpools and coinchoose are on the "wrong" one for example.

If your client stops syncing you probably have a bunch of messages like this in your debug.log;

Just restart the client every time this happens to continue syncing (might/will happen quite a few times during syncing... ).
Activity: 393

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
client say "WARNING : CHECKPOINT IS TOO OLD . DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION"

yes but is where?
Activity: 353
Folks, forget all of these pools that want you to pay: http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com

No fees. Prop payouts.
Activity: 353
Galaxy Coin Pool http://glx.coinarmy.com

Here is our server setup:

BLOCK FINDER DOUBLE BONUS
Stratum
VARDIFF
Every 1 Min block stats update
Every 10 Seconds Dashboard Stats update
Instant payout once a block is confirmed
PPLNS
2% Fee
Payouts every 1 minute
DDOS Protection
Mobile friendly interface. (tablet and phone)
Dedicated Staff (We are here everyday for you)

Come join the army! Cheesy
Activity: 74
no pools for this coin?

We have a solid pool running here:

http://glx.poolofpools.com/

Come join us!

Hello, i've checked your pool today's night. I've config auto payout of GLX to gbyd7mo3Cc1yz2vH1M7SC27Mx8iEdqqdt3.
As i can see there was autosends:
3503   2014-01-02 23:48:09    Auto Payout   
3501   2014-01-02 21:25:09    Auto Payout   
3499   2014-01-02 20:55:11    Auto Payout   
But, i still didn't receive cash. How long time takes transactions? Could you perform audit of my payments?

Thx in advance for your help and advice!

P.S. By the way - it's very interesting, but support's form doesn't work from pool side (it gives me error message, that mail to support cannot be send)

I think we've traded some tweets on this matter, but you might want to try the below. I've made successful withdrawals of GLX each time you've asked me if it is working, so it's definitely not a problem on the pool's end.

As for the support page--it's something we're working on, but that's why we have Twitter Smiley

As for folks who either (A) have trouble syncing their wallets or (B) cannot get their coins from a pool to their wallets try this:

• CLOSE your GalaxyCoin Wallet software.
  • Open your wallet directory which contains the blockchain and your wallet.dat file. On Windows the directory is here: %APPDATA%\Galaxycoin
  • Create a file named galaxycoin.conf in this folder. If it exists already, open it.
  • Add these lines to the file:
Code:
addnode=71.232.52.37
addnode=74.69.66.147
addnode=98.112.135.200
addnode=67.210.249.29
addnode=79.138.30.13
addnode=192.241.136.248
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=162.243.70.85
addnode=2.236.53.94
addnode=174.56.58.238
addnode=37.187.21.128
addnode=202.60.68.241
addnode=66.59.38.122
  • Save and close the file.
  • Reopen your GalaxyCoin Wallet. The Client should now sync and/or get your coins.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
As for folks who either (A) have trouble syncing their wallets or (B) cannot get their coins from a pool to their wallets try this:

• CLOSE your GalaxyCoin Wallet software.
  • Open your wallet directory which contains the blockchain and your wallet.dat file. On Windows the directory is here: %APPDATA%\Galaxycoin
  • Create a file named galaxycoin.conf in this folder. If it exists already, open it.
  • Add these lines to the file:
Code:
addnode=71.232.52.37
addnode=74.69.66.147
addnode=98.112.135.200
addnode=67.210.249.29
addnode=79.138.30.13
addnode=192.241.136.248
addnode=24.6.21.198
addnode=162.243.70.85
addnode=2.236.53.94
addnode=174.56.58.238
addnode=37.187.21.128
addnode=202.60.68.241
addnode=66.59.38.122
  • Save and close the file.
  • Reopen your GalaxyCoin Wallet. The Client should now sync and/or get your coins.

As a possible future dev of this coin, thanks for the addnodes!
Pages:
Jump to: