Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Announcing Galaxycoin - GLX, the new PoW/PoS coin, no premine! - page 5. (Read 100427 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I see someone else just reopened their pool, aw well..

I have made a new galaxycoin pool, galaxycoin.zapto.org
0.5% fee,
PPLNS,
10 minute auto payout

Now, I've gotten this to work by fixing the checkpoint too old error.
Client wallet will still work with this error, but if enough people bug me about it, I'm willing to release the source.

But please try to join this pool to make sure it still works, haha.
Lets try to find a block

Happy Hashing

Mined it for about 2 hours and I noticed you haven't found a block yet.  How long has it been up for?  Either your pool has really bad luck or something isn't correct.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
addnode for syncing this, plz
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
The coin is very much alive; I have a pool running right now with it at http://galaxypool.chriskoeber.com and I just downloaded and synced the wallet today.

I can also send and receive coins so your coins are not stuck anywhere.
Activity: 43
So is galaxycoin dead or alive??

Is there still development?  Orphans in the blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Honestly using Cryptsy with Autosell I have been making more mining GLX straight than using Multipool, which flys in the face of what coinwarz says I should be making.  I measured both over a 24 hour period and it was significantly more.

Same, its due to the random exchange spikes I believe... Honestly, I've been thinking about rebooting galaxycoin, simply fixing the checkpoint errors... I would have done it by now, but I need hash on my pool (shameless self-plug) to make sure my client is actually working...

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Honestly using Cryptsy with Autosell I have been making more mining GLX straight than using Multipool, which flys in the face of what coinwarz says I should be making.  I measured both over a 24 hour period and it was significantly more.
Yes, I am using the poolofpools and have been racking it up.

Thanks for your reply; I kept wondering how people were mining this coin. I thought it was dead.
Finally mined a block at galaxypool.chriskoeber.com; turns out new software needed to be downloaded and configured!

As mentioned before NO FEES!

You are welcome to mine away.

Thanks to all for their patience and to those who tested the pool.

Much appreciated.

So I am relaunching my GalaxyCoin pool at galaxypool.chriskoeber.com.

Please note that for the next few days you should consider this pool to be in a beta state. Not sure if it works but I do have the absolute latest blockchain (comparing with Coinwars).

You are welcome to mine (old accounts will work) but I cannot guarantee anything as of this point.

Would be nice to get a few miners besides myself to test things out and make sure that blocks do get found, etc. The higher the hashrate the better the test.

Prop payment system and payout processes run every minute if you have auto-payout enabled.  (if blocks actually get found).

You can contact me once signed in or via PM here.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Yes, I am using the poolofpools and have been racking it up.
So has anyone, period, successfully mined a GalaxyCoin at all within the last few days?
legendary
Is there any big and old pool?

Since the coin is "dead" there aren't really old pools at this moment, I would personally go with poolofpools as they are the biggest right now.
However, 2 key factors here.

1. I would strongly encourage you to help me with my pool (http://galaxypool.zapto.org) In order to see if the custom client I built is working, which I could then release to the public.

2. Diversity of the market: We don't want there to be only 1 main pool, they can then (essentially) control the market, hence why we need diversity of mining

Happy hashing
Activity: 56
Is there any big and old pool?
Activity: 74
Hello again, everyone, GLX @ Pool of Pools pool is now better than ever.

Our Galaxycoin pool, along with all our other pools, has been fully upgraded. We're now capable of serving at least 800% more miners!

Come back if you've already mined with us, or come check us out if you haven't.

Our servers are based in the U.S., run from the U.S., and backed by a customer service guarantee. We will make sure your mining experience with Pool of Pools is fun and frustration-free--whichever coin you choose.

You can see all of our pools here:

http://www.poolofpools.com/

Or head straight over to the GLX pool here:

http://glx.poolofpools.com/

legendary
I see someone else just reopened their pool, aw well..

I have made a new galaxycoin pool, galaxycoin.zapto.org
0.5% fee,
PPLNS,
10 minute auto payout

Now, I've gotten this to work by fixing the checkpoint too old error.
Client wallet will still work with this error, but if enough people bug me about it, I'm willing to release the source.

But please try to join this pool to make sure it still works, haha.
Lets try to find a block

Happy Hashing
Activity: 63
Trying it right now
So I am relaunching my GalaxyCoin pool at galaxypool.chriskoeber.com.

Please note that for the next few days you should consider this pool to be in a beta state. Not sure if it works but I do have the absolute latest blockchain (comparing with Coinwars).

You are welcome to mine (old accounts will work) but I cannot guarantee anything as of this point.

Would be nice to get a few miners besides myself to test things out and make sure that blocks do get found, etc. The higher the hashrate the better the test.

Prop payment system and payout processes run every minute if you have auto-payout enabled.  (if blocks actually get found).

You can contact me once signed in or via PM here.
Activity: 56
What is the biggest pool in GLX community?
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
If you're looking for a fast, working GLX pool, head over to glx.poolofpools.com (stratum+tcp://glx.poolofpools.com:3333). Our coding genius (footlongc) figured out what the problem was, fixed it, and found a block--no more stratum errors to steal your hashes.

Created an account, but your system has not sent out the confirmation email. Been waiting quite some time. Missing out on the bonus Sad

Hour later, still no conf email.

Just found your account record and unlocked it. You're ready to mine.

It might have been your email client's settings, but whatever the reason, we're sorry for the trouble and hope you come mine with us.

It happens to me too and I uses a rather common email provider. I think a few pools like this with the email thing never send the email to me. if you need my info let me know via pm or sumptin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Wallet dont sync. "Checkpoint is too old"
Whehe i can find newest wallet-qt? Current is 0.5
Thank you!
Activity: 90
Just found your account record and unlocked it. You're ready to mine.

It might have been your email client's settings, but whatever the reason, we're sorry for the trouble and hope you come mine with us.

Up and running thx.
Pages:
Jump to: