Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution - page 94. (Read 71563 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 11
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I really like the project. But actually I don´t get what the real purpose is. Is there any kind of roadmap or outlook to look for ? what makes this one special?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
someone created a miner using gpus, not even worth cpu mining now honestly.
it was a good month tho.

Still no evidence.

There will be little evidence, since the guys running gpu miner simply want to make coin, not release it free with a small dev fee...
I cannot "state" or "prove" one exists, but if you google back 2-3 years ago, there were several gpu miners for all versions of argon2, they were never released in the wild that was all. They were being developed to crack passwords and at the time, the scaling was only about 2x, Hi-end gpu vs Hi consumer cpu, but with the massive improvements in gpu tech, esp ram size, i'm pretty sure a gpu miner could be built to give at least 5x scaling. (if not 10x).
If it's not a gpu miner then it's one heck of a cpu farm, but what with "hiive" now being implemented on "Yahoo pages" i'm sure someone can hack together a "hidden" miner for argon2, or stealing ones workplace pc's overnight....seems nothing is safe any more. (It could be AWS, but who would spend that kind of money on a coin with no proven track record or value)

I had high hopes for this coin, but for me personally whatever is causing the large disparity in mining is irreleveant, same net result....not a coin for small miners...hopefully one day someone will manage to produce a "fairer" way to mine a coin.
J

There is absolutely no proof that a GPU miner would exist, all you talk doesn't make any sense. If a GPU miner would exist, it would own the network. Now, the most powerful miner has around 20% and he is most likely using aws or google cloud as the devs said. I don't see it as a bad thing that people use clouds to mine Arionum, it means that they trust that this coin will succeed.
Looking at your posts, all you do is complain and spread uncertainty about this project since weeks ago.
This is one of the cleanest coins that i have ever mined.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
it was a good month tho.

Still no evidence.

There will be little evidence, since the guys running gpu miner simply want to make coin, not release it free with a small dev fee...
I cannot "state" or "prove" one exists, but if you google back 2-3 years ago, there were several gpu miners for all versions of argon2, they were never released in the wild that was all. They were being developed to crack passwords and at the time, the scaling was only about 2x, Hi-end gpu vs Hi consumer cpu, but with the massive improvements in gpu tech, esp ram size, i'm pretty sure a gpu miner could be built to give at least 5x scaling. (if not 10x).
If it's not a gpu miner then it's one heck of a cpu farm, but what with "hiive" now being implemented on "Yahoo pages" i'm sure someone can hack together a "hidden" miner for argon2, or stealing ones workplace pc's overnight....seems nothing is safe any more. (It could be AWS, but who would spend that kind of money on a coin with no proven track record or value)

I had high hopes for this coin, but for me personally whatever is causing the large disparity in mining is irreleveant, same net result....not a coin for small miners...hopefully one day someone will manage to produce a "fairer" way to mine a coin.
J
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Anybody tested mining with amd ryzen? How much share do you guys get with amd cpu? I plan to build new pc with amd chips and I will be glad and thanksful if someone can share the info.

Ryzen/AMD in general -- has degraded performance compared to an Intel.

hmm, usual fact less nonsense. Yes Intel maybe slightly faster overall, but you can buy complete Ryzen setup for less than Intel processor.....Aronium appears to like number of cores and size of l2/l3 cache more than clock speed.

Buy a Ryzen 7 1700 - 8 gb ram, stock heatsink, any cheap motherboard, and you'll get approx 40h/s, maybe a little higher....i'm using this but with 16GB of fast ram, so i get more like 55-60H/s

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-ryzen-7-1700-unlocked-8-core-cpu-plus-asus-prime-b350-plus-atx-motherboard-bundle

Don't bother with 1700x or 1800x, the extra price and power usage is not worth it - also dont allow your 1700 to overclock, yes it looks nice on paper, but the extra hash rate is not worth the extra power it uses....my whole pc is running at 75 watts whist mining this coin. (no monitor)
J
Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.
it was a good month tho.

Still no evidence.
Activity: 1
it was a good month tho.
Activity: 35
Anybody tested mining with amd ryzen? How much share do you guys get with amd cpu? I plan to build new pc with amd chips and I will be glad and thanksful if someone can share the info.

Ryzen/AMD in general -- has degraded performance compared to an Intel.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
Activity: 60
at which node should I connect to make the mining mode solo?

You need to setup your own for security reasons.
Activity: 26
I've got the miner going a ubuntu system doing about 28 h/s older processor and 2 i7's on win 10 . Just started will see how it goes.

Been mining for about 5 hrs now. Nothing in the wallet and seems very hard get shares. Not sure if somethings wrong on my end

This is what my win 10 miner is doing, is this correct?

Hash rate: 40.680322780881 H/s
--> Updating mining info
Min DL: 100000
--> Submitting nonce --numbers and letters here looks like tx  / numbers symbles and letters here looks like a key of somekind

--> Nonce confirmed.
--> Hash rate: 36.059580483982 H/s
--> Updating mining info
--> Hash rate: 41.776086049711 H/s
--> Updating mining info
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
Does anyone publish a JAVA tool? How to configure Java to run under the windows system. Please lay out board reference, thank you very much Undecided Kiss

For java miner: https://github.com/ProgrammerDan/arionum-java/releases

Just use the .exe or .jar release, don't bother building unless you really want the experience.

Follow on-screen prompts after you run the file to configure. Configuration persists between restarts. New version soon.
Activity: 26
I've got the miner going a ubuntu system doing about 28 h/s older processor and 2 i7's on win 10 . Just started will see how it goes.
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
For the python miner... I don't see any options for pools at all -- is it a solo miner ?

-----

EDIT:

Looks like it goes to aropool.com automatically, correct ?

python3 miner.py --pool pool-adress --wallet your-address

Awesome, thanks.

I'm going to do some more reading on this project... may drop ~6800 H/S on it.

That being said... I am seeing 192 H/S from a machine with 48 total CPU cores. How does that sound ? Wondering if I need to try and optimize more.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
For the python miner... I don't see any options for pools at all -- is it a solo miner ?

-----

EDIT:

python3 miner.py --pool pool-adress --wallet your-address
Activity: 714
Merit: 512

-----

EDIT:

Activity: 25
at which node should I connect to make the mining mode solo?
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 17
Set up the miner and wallet but it seems my balance is still zero. How do i receive my reward share?
I changed the address the auto miner but still showing zero balance in wallet. Help plz

The payments are sent after you have earned at least 10 ARO and 10 blocks have passed since then.
Set up the miner and wallet but it seems my balance is still zero. How do i receive my reward share?
I changed the address the auto miner but still showing zero balance in wallet. Help plz

I had the same problem!
Unfortunately no one here in the forum helped or supported me in this case.
the solution was to leave a backup of the old wallet saved and reinstall my computer system!
Activity: 1
Can anyone post a topic on how to setup mining in java mode solo in Windows?

urgent!
Pages:
Jump to: