Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution - page 91. (Read 71563 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
getting this error "could not generate EC key pair" on setting up the wallet
Activity: 32
So 2 weeks after release, instead of further developing the project, dev's creating a hardfork. Nice GPU miner release Smiley Hope the project would still run positively up! I'll be watching it closely and be ready to jump in ASAP when the hardfork kicks in.
Arionum has been continuously developed in the last weeks. It's still early beta so it's normal for a hard fork to happen.

I appreciate that you're dealing with the GPU problem because if it isn't CPU only I won't be mining it.

But what's to come of the current coins? The ones I've worked so hard for are now diluted by all the GPU mined coins.
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 17
So 2 weeks after release, instead of further developing the project, dev's creating a hardfork. Nice GPU miner release Smiley Hope the project would still run positively up! I'll be watching it closely and be ready to jump in ASAP when the hardfork kicks in.
Arionum has been continuously developed in the last weeks. It's still early beta so it's normal for a hard fork to happen.
Activity: 443
Merit: 13
Activity: 33
We would like to get your vote on setting a max fee for the transactions. It would be implemented in the hard fork we will implement in the coming days if voted. https://forum.arionum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20

Could you comment on the fact that there is already a working GPU miner? Whats being done about that

The hardfork which is being prepared plans to deal with the gpu mining, and reduce it's advantage to get the cpu also viable for mining.

I hope that you do more than just make cpu viable for mining. Its one of the main points of this coin so nothing else should be viable except for it. Hope you can sort it out
copper member
We would like to get your vote on setting a max fee for the transactions. It would be implemented in the hard fork we will implement in the coming days if voted. https://forum.arionum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20

Could you comment on the fact that there is already a working GPU miner? Whats being done about that

The hardfork which is being prepared plans to deal with the gpu mining, and reduce it's advantage to get the cpu also viable for mining.
Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

I'm fairly certain the hardfork itself is to deal with the GPU miner; transaction changes would be just an additional change to the coin while the option is available.

Just a guess, though.
Activity: 33

copper member
Activity: 429
Merit: 259
No news, no exchanges, no "only cpu". Need to do something Embarrassed
dude chill, this is a experiment
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
I was one of the first 50 miners in the pool, generating around 50-60H/s total with my laptop's i7-6700HQ and my old desktop's FX-6300. I managed to find about 10 blocks and netted a little over 10k coins before the number of miners jumped up over 500 and the majority of the pool's hash rate seemed to be generated by only a few people. Now my power is barely enough to get a payout of 10 coins every 6-8 hours, so it's not really worth it for me to keep mining anymore.

That said, I still love the idea behind this coin and intend to support it where I can. The dev has already proven to be much more helpful and involved than 99% of other "devs" these days. I'm excited to watch it as it develops as one of the most interesting and original coins out there, and of course looking forward to seeing it hit the exchanges.

Do you have any old hardware lying around?  I took old laptops and built a desktop CPU miner from spare parts.  I installed CentoOS on them and created my CPU mining farm (if you want to call it that).  I only had to buy two USB drives and a $30 PSU.  I am a retired hardware geek so whipping up everything was a fun and changeling activity.  Maybe you can find some creative ways to mine?
Looks like even a CPU "farm" isn't really an option anymore since GPU mining has been figured out Undecided As interesting as it sounds to set up, it just wouldn't be a good use of electricity. Just have to be happy that I got to mine a bit during the CPU only period at this point.
Activity: 882
Merit: 277
If i had a dollar for every "had i known"
Been mining with cpu from 3days and i have 45 coins SMH. i wouldn't even mind buying some OTC but i don't think its feasible with the current wallet.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Hi all,
just pushed a new version of the GPU miner that support Multi GPU
More informations here : https://bitbucket.org/guli13/arionum-gpu-miner/overview

How about AMD GPU please?

It should work with AMD OpenCL implementation, check my repo and documentation.

Do you have please a windows compiled version?
Thanks again
Activity: 13
Hi all,
More informations here : https://bitbucket.org/guli13/arionum-gpu-miner/overview

It should work with AMD OpenCL implementation, check my repo and documentation.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Hi all,

Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

I think the GPU mining ruined the whole idea. Let's hope it's possible to fix it within a short period of time.

Now that a GPU miner has been released and made evident to exist: it does seem the general consensus over it is negative/

Personally, I happen to agree. It removes the entire appeal of the coin being decentralised enough for all to consider mining on any CPU.
Activity: 60

I think the GPU mining ruined the whole idea. Let's hope it's possible to fix it within a short period of time.
How about ASIC? Further ruining the project?
Activity: 37

Activity: 192
Merit: 101
This is bad news for the coin.

GPUs aren't giving much of boost compared to CPUs tbh

1100h on 1070
1250h on 1070 ti
1400 on 1080

I would beg to differ.

Hmm, I only managed to squeeze 1125 out of my 1070 Ti.. Tried a bunch of different configurations, seemed like that was the top. Will continue experimenting.
Activity: 443
Merit: 13
GG, 360 KH/s already... soon there will be no CPU mining Smiley HF boys Smiley
looking now at 1cent for this coin when it hits the market Cheesy gpu ruined it.
Pages:
Jump to: