Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution - page 93. (Read 71563 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I've just added an install documentation for Ubuntu 17.10
https://bitbucket.org/guli13/arionum-gpu-miner/overview

I'll be happy to hear your feedback (bugs, improvements, installation issues).

Thanks.
some benchmarks , 55hz is not to low?
Code:
using device 0 - CUDA Device 'GeForce GTX 1070'
Date                Avg hash/s      Hash/s          Total hashes        Shares  Blocks  Reject  Block best DL         Ever best DL         
02/02/18 21:51:24   54.0958         55.6745         2870                0       0       0       1012062               1012062               
02/02/18 21:51:29   54.2468         55.8149         3157                0       0       0       1012062               1012062               
02/02/18 21:51:34   54.3706         55.7823         3444                0       0       0       1012062               1012062       

pd, the installation howto was perfect!

Try to change -t and -b parameters it will increase hash rate
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
hi guli, what is the method to point the miner at multiple gpus? Seems that when I run multiple instances they all just point to gpu0
Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Thanks.
some benchmarks , 55hz is not to low?
Code:
using device 0 - CUDA Device 'GeForce GTX 1070'
Date                Avg hash/s      Hash/s          Total hashes        Shares  Blocks  Reject  Block best DL         Ever best DL         
02/02/18 21:51:24   54.0958         55.6745         2870                0       0       0       1012062               1012062               
02/02/18 21:51:29   54.2468         55.8149         3157                0       0       0       1012062               1012062               
02/02/18 21:51:34   54.3706         55.7823         3444                0       0       0       1012062               1012062       

pd, the installation howto was perfect!
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
That being said... I am seeing 192 H/S from a machine with 48 total CPU cores. How does that sound ? Wondering if I need to try and optimize more.

Intel or AMD? Real vs. CPU threads?

Sounds a little low, but not entirely untypical for multithread argon2i, especially on AMD hardware. Play around with number of active threads in java or python version, until you find your "peak". It's different for literally every system....

It is an AMD Opteron machine with 48 actual cores (4x 12-Core Opteron 6380) -- I've tried anywhere from 16 to 64 threads and so far 192 H/S is my best on the Python miner.

I also have a 40-core Intel machine (4x Xeon E7-4870) so I may try it out as well... on everything else my Opteron machine has beaten the Intel so far.

So the 40-core Intel machine does 50 H/S with any number of threads I tried in the Python miner. Weird...

On Cryptonight the AMD system does 2100 and the Intel does 1300 so the gap is nowhere near like it is on this coin.

Thanks.
Activity: 540
Merit: 251
ASK
Anybody tested mining with amd ryzen? How much share do you guys get with amd cpu? I plan to build new pc with amd chips and I will be glad and thanksful if someone can share the info.

Arionum is not suitable for mining on an AMD processor. I get same hashrate on 4th gen i3 an an octacore AMD FX 8350

I get roughly 30h/s on a FX 6350.
That seems reasonable to me.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Activity: 73
Merit: 11
copper member
Activity: 130
Merit: 17
See : https://bitbucket.org/guli13/arionum-gpu-miner/overview

See the file install-cuda-ubuntu-16.04.txt.

For the moment no install guide.
Will be done soon.

Good job!
Activity: 28
Anybody tested mining with amd ryzen? How much share do you guys get with amd cpu? I plan to build new pc with amd chips and I will be glad and thanksful if someone can share the info.

Arionum is not suitable for mining on an AMD processor. I get same hashrate on 4th gen i3 an an octacore AMD FX 8350
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
The GPU miner will be there soon.
It just a question of make it works !

Being that you are too lazy to do any research and just want to shout out random thoughts I will help you son.

GPU/FPGA/ASIC-unfriendly
Argon2
is  heavily  optimized  for  the  x86  architecture,  so  that  imple-
menting it on dedicated cracking hardware should be neither cheaper nor faster.  Even specialized ASICs would
require significant area and would not allow reduction in the time-area product.

Ref: https://password-hashing.net/argon2-specs.pdf

So even if they do, it would not be any more (or less) cost effective then CPU mining.  Maybe if ARO becomes as big as BTC.  So don't hold your breath.

Please do a quick google search!!!

Not sure if you have followed this thread but couple of pages back someone already tested GPU miner and it worked and Now I think its released as per recent post.
May be you need to research further about what you assume. Technology evolve with time.
Activity: 21

Will be done soon.

Well I stand corrected, well played.  Sigh, now the GPU boys can join the fun :|

Will be done soon.
I was one of the first 50 miners in the pool, generating around 50-60H/s total with my laptop's i7-6700HQ and my old desktop's FX-6300. I managed to find about 10 blocks and netted a little over 10k coins before the number of miners jumped up over 500 and the majority of the pool's hash rate seemed to be generated by only a few people. Now my power is barely enough to get a payout of 10 coins every 6-8 hours, so it's not really worth it for me to keep mining anymore.

That said, I still love the idea behind this coin and intend to support it where I can. The dev has already proven to be much more helpful and involved than 99% of other "devs" these days. I'm excited to watch it as it develops as one of the most interesting and original coins out there, and of course looking forward to seeing it hit the exchanges.

Do you have any old hardware lying around?  I took old laptops and built a desktop CPU miner from spare parts.  I installed CentoOS on them and created my CPU mining farm (if you want to call it that).  I only had to buy two USB drives and a $30 PSU.  I am a retired hardware geek so whipping up everything was a fun and changeling activity.  Maybe you can find some creative ways to mine?
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
That being said... I am seeing 192 H/S from a machine with 48 total CPU cores. How does that sound ? Wondering if I need to try and optimize more.

Sounds a little low, but not entirely untypical for multithread argon2i, especially on AMD hardware. Play around with number of active threads in java or python version, until you find your "peak". It's different for literally every system....

It is an AMD Opteron machine with 48 actual cores (4x 12-Core Opteron 6380) -- I've tried anywhere from 16 to 64 threads and so far 192 H/S is my best on the Python miner.

I also have a 40-core Intel machine (4x Xeon E7-4870) so I may try it out as well... on everything else my Opteron machine has beaten the Intel so far.

Being that you are too lazy to do any research and just want to shout out random thoughts I will help you son.

GPU/FPGA/ASIC-unfriendly
Argon2
is  heavily  optimized  for  the  x86  architecture,  so  that  imple-
menting it on dedicated cracking hardware should be neither cheaper nor faster.  Even specialized ASICs would
require significant area and would not allow reduction in the time-area product.

Ref: https://password-hashing.net/argon2-specs.pdf

So even if they do, it would not be any more (or less) cost effective then CPU mining.  Maybe if ARO becomes as big as BTC.  So don't hold your breath.

Please do a quick google search!!!
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
I was one of the first 50 miners in the pool, generating around 50-60H/s total with my laptop's i7-6700HQ and my old desktop's FX-6300. I managed to find about 10 blocks and netted a little over 10k coins before the number of miners jumped up over 500 and the majority of the pool's hash rate seemed to be generated by only a few people. Now my power is barely enough to get a payout of 10 coins every 6-8 hours, so it's not really worth it for me to keep mining anymore.

That said, I still love the idea behind this coin and intend to support it where I can. The dev has already proven to be much more helpful and involved than 99% of other "devs" these days. I'm excited to watch it as it develops as one of the most interesting and original coins out there, and of course looking forward to seeing it hit the exchanges.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: