Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!! - page 32. (Read 946599 times)

Activity: 837
Merit: 505
Remember; for Stake Minting at V1.0.4.1 you will have to keep your wallet open for 24/7 and Enable Stake Minting with your password !

Explain why include password?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100

What is wrong with all does ppl who are talking garbage and try to tell those things here as it are facts?

Now like this trogdorjw73, wtf is he talking about that the UTC team created and abandoned CAI and then switched to CAIx???

So this is another dude like flobdeth and kingpin who are making false accusations and telling lies !

And what about UTC is old news and nobody want it Angry Huh I am happy that you cashed out.
So what you are doing here now, telling fud and lies Huh

Considering this same team created Caishen (CAI) and then abandoned that and switched to CAIx (....)

..... Since UTC is basically old news, no one is really interested in it...

.....Since this same team did CAIx, I checked my interest so far and it does look as though scaling is not happening...

....Anyway, I gave up on Ultracoin last week and cashed out....
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Considering this same team created Caishen (CAI) and then abandoned that and switched to CAIx, which is a full PoS coin, I suppose either CAIx has done so well after the switch that they hope to accomplish the same thing with UTC, or else they're just grasping at straws. Here are a few thoughts:

1) The short block times of UTC sounded cool at first, but I'm not at all convinced having more blocks more frequently is a good thing, beyond a certain point. 10 minutes is too long I think most will agree, but I'm of the opinion that even 60 second block targets are too short -- two minutes (give or take) is a better balance, but 20 seconds is just creating a flood of blocks. Could this be part of the cause of the lengthy startup times for the Ultracoin client? Will this get better with the PoS switch?

2) The general attitude in the cryptocurrency world right now is to mine stuff when it's new, in the hope you'll find a few diamonds among all the coal. Since UTC is basically old news, no one is really interested in it, and I don't think changing algos will help at all. UTC will switch to PoS and there may be a short-term price spike, but long-term I suspect it will continue to trend down. In fact, the number of coins that have trended up long-term is pretty small, and breaking away from the pack of garbage alt-coins is almost as much luck as it is something inherent in the coin design.

3) Scrypt-Chacha was an interesting idea as well, but over time the market is concluding that both Scrypt-Jane/Chacha and Scrypt-N are less desirable than X11/X13/X14/X15/etc. SJ was the worst IMO, though, as the N-Factor scaled too quickly at the start, and it hits the point where it's difficult to get running well within a few months. I suspect when the Scrypt-N coins start hitting NF-12 we'll see a lot of complaining once again. If nothing else, moving away from a Scrypt-Jane implementation is a good thing in my opinion, though becoming non-mineable in the process is sort of two steps forward, two steps back.

4) Regarding PoS interest, I've noticed that on some (many?) PoS coins the actual annual interest scales according to some other factor. The result is that coins that claim 15% annual interest can end up with far lower returns than 15% -- or if not many people are staking, the returns can be higher than 15%. Since this same team did CAIx, I checked my interest so far and it does look as though scaling is not happening -- or if it is, it's slightly in my favor. Hopefully this would be true of UTC as well, as if there's one thing that will really upset people it's promising one level of returns and providing something else.

Anyway, I gave up on Ultracoin last week and cashed out. I had mined earlier and in a week or two I had only generated something like 1500 UTC. Right now, I could generate almost that many UTC in a single day. Thankfully the bag I was holding was pretty small.

i did not create cai, i actually dont have a single thing to do with it, neither do the new managers.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Have you noticed that UTC net hashrate has gone slightly up? The same with UTC multipool (ATM there's 785 MH, maybe we hit 1 GH again Smiley ), so more miners are coming to us. We should give them a try and not to go full POS for at least a few months to see what happens when ASIC miners hit scrypt coins.

I think that is the problem for UTC! and why the management want to go FULL POSS!!
There are to many coins mined and dumped a day!! for my calculation more then 70K what immediatly is dumped at cryptsy!!!

That why we are @21!!! everytime the value is going up the miners DUMP UTC!!!

So FULL POSS Good thing for now Smiley

This is not unique to PoW coin.  It happens and is happening with full PoS coins also, so PoS is no defence against that.  Markets are very easy to manipulate Full PoS or not when coins are centralized on manipulated exchanges.  Large UTC holders can easily control the price buying and selling their own UTC, and attempt to create panic or maintain a price range.  Bots also contribute to this.
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
Considering this same team created Caishen (CAI) and then abandoned that and switched to CAIx, which is a full PoS coin, I suppose either CAIx has done so well after the switch that they hope to accomplish the same thing with UTC, or else they're just grasping at straws. Here are a few thoughts:

1) The short block times of UTC sounded cool at first, but I'm not at all convinced having more blocks more frequently is a good thing, beyond a certain point. 10 minutes is too long I think most will agree, but I'm of the opinion that even 60 second block targets are too short -- two minutes (give or take) is a better balance, but 20 seconds is just creating a flood of blocks. Could this be part of the cause of the lengthy startup times for the Ultracoin client? Will this get better with the PoS switch?

2) The general attitude in the cryptocurrency world right now is to mine stuff when it's new, in the hope you'll find a few diamonds among all the coal. Since UTC is basically old news, no one is really interested in it, and I don't think changing algos will help at all. UTC will switch to PoS and there may be a short-term price spike, but long-term I suspect it will continue to trend down. In fact, the number of coins that have trended up long-term is pretty small, and breaking away from the pack of garbage alt-coins is almost as much luck as it is something inherent in the coin design.

3) Scrypt-Chacha was an interesting idea as well, but over time the market is concluding that both Scrypt-Jane/Chacha and Scrypt-N are less desirable than X11/X13/X14/X15/etc. SJ was the worst IMO, though, as the N-Factor scaled too quickly at the start, and it hits the point where it's difficult to get running well within a few months. I suspect when the Scrypt-N coins start hitting NF-12 we'll see a lot of complaining once again. If nothing else, moving away from a Scrypt-Jane implementation is a good thing in my opinion, though becoming non-mineable in the process is sort of two steps forward, two steps back.

4) Regarding PoS interest, I've noticed that on some (many?) PoS coins the actual annual interest scales according to some other factor. The result is that coins that claim 15% annual interest can end up with far lower returns than 15% -- or if not many people are staking, the returns can be higher than 15%. Since this same team did CAIx, I checked my interest so far and it does look as though scaling is not happening -- or if it is, it's slightly in my favor. Hopefully this would be true of UTC as well, as if there's one thing that will really upset people it's promising one level of returns and providing something else.

Anyway, I gave up on Ultracoin last week and cashed out. I had mined earlier and in a week or two I had only generated something like 1500 UTC. Right now, I could generate almost that many UTC in a single day. Thankfully the bag I was holding was pretty small.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Have you noticed that UTC net hashrate has gone slightly up? The same with UTC multipool (ATM there's 785 MH, maybe we hit 1 GH again Smiley ), so more miners are coming to us. We should give them a try and not to go full POS for at least a few months to see what happens when ASIC miners hit scrypt coins.

I think that is the problem for UTC! and why the management want to go FULL POSS!!
There are to many coins mined and dumped a day!! for my calculation more then 70K what immediatly is dumped at cryptsy!!!

That why we are @21!!! everytime the value is going up the miners DUMP UTC!!!

So FULL POSS Good thing for now Smiley
Activity: 809
I should have said I noticed no significant difference, but it makes sense that the 4gb shouldn't see much difference compared to the 2gb cards. I can easily measure it right now on the same mobo, psu, RAM, gpus. I'll add an edit with the results.

Now, I am really wondering where this idea is coming from: scrypt-chacha has problems with power and temperature... Huh

Edit: I just measured the output at the wall of my 6 x R7 240 4GB rig:

Ultracoin (NFactor 13) - 256W

YACoin (NFactor 15) - 235W...
Activity: 693
What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer.

I've read this a couple times now on this thread... As the NFactor increases, memory requirement goes up. As the memory requirement goes up, you are limited by the VRAM on your GPU. That would actually reduce the lead on the actual processor. Am I missing something? Personally, I am noticing no difference in wattage or temperature on my 4GB cards between UTC NFactor 13 and YAC NFactor 15.

As the N factor increases you're more limited by the DRAM on your mobo than the VRAM on your video cards.

They are both important, but the memory on the GPU is the #1 factor to mining speed at high N Factors (NF 15+), and REALLY important at NF=13 and higher.

Also, regarding the "Heat" and "temperature" of high NFactor.  Ad NF goes up, the power requirement and heat generated go down.  Someone said their NF=13 and NF=15 are the same with their 4 GB cards, but the power required does go down as the number of shaders that can be utilized with the available memory is reduced.  My 2GB cards are ~8W less at NF=15 than at NF=13.

Given my history and area of knowledge, I can't really support a coin I can't mine (huh, go figure?).  Best of luck if you make the switch.
What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer.

I've read this a couple times now on this thread... As the NFactor increases, memory requirement goes up. As the memory requirement goes up, you are limited by the VRAM on your GPU. That would actually reduce the lead on the actual processor. Am I missing something? Personally, I am noticing no difference in wattage or temperature on my 4GB cards between UTC NFactor 13 and YAC NFactor 15.

As the N factor increases you're more limited by the DRAM on your mobo than the VRAM on your video cards.

I have a 4GB stick of RAM for a 6 card mining rig. I can mine Vertcoin or Yacoin without needing to change the mobo RAM. If I add another 4GB of RAM or replace the 4GB with an 8GB, there is no difference in settings, hashrate. What are you basing that claim off of?
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
Let me speak, and I said this 1000 times! There is more coins coming in every week and if UTC does not do anything drastic it will die sooner than later if nothing is done, now that management decided to do something about it comes complains and if they do nothing they also complain. UTC has to be different from the rest, has something unique to succeed among the so many coins that are out there. If you have a normal coin it will eventually die, Do you know why this coin has survived? because it has one of the biggest community and that is the main reason if it was not for it this coin would have been dead long time ago, this coin being done by bumface and he being one of the moderator of BTC-e make UTC very popular and lots of BTC-e customer bought UTC for that reason. Now trolls and negative and positive people. We need to advertise and get this coin to a multinational level...make it join a bank, a big company, That UTC relate to something Huge. STop talking about nonsense, TO BE POS OR NOT TO BE POS?  that's rubbish! Either way will die eventually if UTC does not join a big organization or institution!

You are all talking again and again the same issue POS or not POS. It's management decition to decide what to do, if you are not happy sell all your UTC, how can we all agree? Its impossible, that's why exist management and take decitions, The rest of the community can say thing politely and be nice, What do you do at work? would you disagree with your boss? of course not! So do the same here and be adult and stop behaving like kids! Management takes decitions and full stop. The community is here to support and talk good about UTC and give ideas but not attacking management in such a ridiculous way. And I said what this coins needs its to join a bank and be the first bank that deal with cryptocoin , instead of arguing like silly spoilt kids I wanna POS , no I don't wanna POS, come on please. We need to be together on this whatever decitions is taken and support fully! If you are in a war  and your captain give you an order and you don't obey you will conside a traitor and send to the Dungeons. Now you think you have freedon of speech here and you can say and do whatever you want....NO! you do and support this management team and if you are not happy desert and go where there is anarchist. This oompalompa is tired of seeing the same post all over again and again and again, Enough!  I will tell one thing this coin needs to join a big company, bank, etc...that's all it needs if not it will disappear wether your silly conversation if POS or not POS!
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace

I don't see how miners continually dumping the coins making it go lower is helping, why would an investor want to get in on that?

1) Are you invested in bitcoin?
2) Mining requires energy and hardware. It also increases the difficulty (harder to get coins) as hardware improves which requires more investment. If people WANT a coin, it is generally smarter to mine and hold... not dump immediately.

Thank you dear Beave162 for your "negative comments and advice" and "attacking attitude".

Activity: 519
What exactly does UTC gain from staying POW? N-factor algo seems to be a bust mostly because of how hard it pushes GPUs and how hot it gets, especially in the summer. Some of you argue that going POS is only good for the people with a lot of coins and there's no reason for "investors" to buy because its practically a pyramid scheme. I don't see how miners continually dumping the coins making it go lower is helping, why would an investor want to get in on that? What the coin needs is marketing and acceptance as an actual currency. Crypto needs a QR wallet phone app that can eventually be swiped at stores and act as a debit card to go big.

....it is also possible that they have switched from the other two dev pools bcouse de management team asked this to all miners?
Or that this could be new miners who are just attracted to the full pos go of UTC and just want to mine quick some UTC ?
So why saying to wait with full pos and give it a change ?

I have pointed some of my hashing power at UTC, which would be HELPING UTC except it doesn't because you will be going full POS soon. But I will be cashing in on any fake pump this dev team seems to be most interested in. I won't be holding on to any coins when you go POS. Any intelligent person should be very weary of what happens when you go full POS based on the experience of other coins, but it seems no one making decisions for UTC have a clue about the concept and benefits of mining, and don't expect them to learn any time soon.

I don't mean to be throwing just negative crap. I am serious when I say you should consider deleting EVERYTHING from RichardMiner and Marnie1976 as you self-moderate this thread anyway. I would be shocked if they had any wealth to invest. I would also say utcminer, but I think he actually runs a pool or something. If you look at their posts, it is all childish if not psychotic--aside from the broken English. Before you yell and threaten me, realize that I am not a stakeholder in UTC or pretend to have an influence, so I don't affect your image, but they do.

It is great to see some glimmer of intelligent conversation, but the people starting that convo have been shouted down as trolls in the past... No matter what you have created a lose-lose situation as you have already announced full POS, and it will surely be damaging to go back. You may view it as innovative or doing a much needed SOMETHING, but it comes across as fickle and desperate. I mean you talked to some 'experts' behind the scenes? You got scammed if you thought they were experts.

I think just about every single coin that is older than a few months is experiencing a slow decline the past month or so. Litecoin experienced a decline for at least 2 months before it shot up from $1.60 to $48, so... please just focus on the great efforts of marketing and leave the manipulation alone. NVidia is coming out with a high-end card with 8GB at the end of the year, which will surely influence the memory intensive coins. There are hopeful events to look forward to which can increase the price. I AM a potential investor. I love scrypt-chacha.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
Whats UTC strategy? Can i hope to UTC for long-term investment?

....it is also possible that they have switched from the other two dev pools bcouse de management team asked this to all miners?
Or that this could be new miners who are just attracted to the full pos go of UTC and just want to mine quick some UTC ?
So why saying to wait with full pos and give it a change ?
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Activity: 532
Now that the coin is going full POS, how many coin will be there at the end of POW? I'm looking forward to re-invest to this coin.
Pages:
Jump to: