Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Atomic Trade New Virtual Currency Exchange USD BTC - page 4. (Read 44351 times)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Sure in hindsight he fucked up, or Microshit had a hand in it, anyway I am confident that if coins were lost, he would pay up out of pocket. If not for fairness, then certainly he would pay us back for legal reasons; Atomic-Trade is a bonafide MSB afterall. Byron is quite determined to get it right.

agree with your point of view. + Is a good lesson to him.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Sure in hindsight he fucked up, or Microshit had a hand in it, anyway I am confident that if coins were lost, he would pay up out of pocket. If not for fairness, then certainly he would pay us back for legal reasons; Atomic-Trade is a bonafide MSB afterall. Byron is quite determined to get it right.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Tbh he fucked up big time. The only thing that saves him is that not a single coin was lost  Wink
Hopefully he will implement some kind of regular backup so thing like that wont happen again.
Activity: 56
gaalx I think it was an over reaction. I can only imagine how stressed byron must be, trying to make sure everyone has what they should.

Ive seen a lot of people on there demanding their coins back when all hes been doing is exactly that, it must be very stressfull.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
for what received a ban?
Activity: 56
Klaus455

ByronP has answerd you in the chat on the exchange, he asked you to check, as both of those bel tranasctions were showing as being paid in to youe account.
Activity: 387
Merit: 186
Are we reverting to the wallets that are listed on the safe mode of the site? or will all funds from before the latest update be where the site starts back up at?

I made some purchases the last few weeks and am wondering whether these will be accounted for when the site comes back online?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
In Currencies -> 404 - File or directory not found.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
I think you need to create a new account. The database backup seems to be from the 6th. From Byron, above:
Are you serious? D:
I just registered less than a week ago and transfered some btc to make some trades... What can I do now? Registering again? (I tried and couldn't) I can find the blockchain, but this kind of things shouldn't happen :S.

don't worry guys , ByronP will recover and will get back up the site soon enough , he is trying his best
and don't worry , you will not loose anything , after it's all back-up , if you still feel it down , just make a support ticket Smiley
Activity: 198
Merit: 102
i got my answer in the chat, thanks all
Activity: 198
Merit: 102
Hello, byronp

i am having trouble trading med coin.  are you still working on issues or should i open a ticket?

thanks
Activity: 196
Anyway shh I have work to do :-)

Okay sorry!  Cheesy
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
Anyway shh I have work to do :-)
The whole db cant be more than a couple of GB in size, since its a young and small exchange. I doubt its hard or expensive to make a daily backup. Byron could also setup a master/slave db system to avoid such problems in the future.

I did that at first but it caused sync problems and proved to be a bottleneck.

But now you see that you made a mistake, right?

In a manner of speaking yes I will not trust cloud storage ever!

Don't trust any storage ever!

I trust the storage in my own rack because I know that even if the whole thing burns to the ground I still have copies :-)
The whole db cant be more than a couple of GB in size, since its a young and small exchange. I doubt its hard or expensive to make a daily backup. Byron could also setup a master/slave db system to avoid such problems in the future.

In a manner of speaking yes I will not trust cloud storage ever!

Don't trust any storage ever!

In a manner of speaking yes I will not trust cloud storage ever! But the decision to not keep the server array was the right choice since it was a major bottleneck and could not handle the IO's per sec. I don't know what other exchanges do but I log everything not just trades, accounts, and balances. Every RX or TX has 2 records alone... anyway I am not going to debate what I store that's silly and a waste of precious time.
I doubt that. The whole okcoin transaction database is less than 5GB without compression, and they had thousands of trades per day for more than half a year. The leaked mtgox db with transactions and some user account info was around 2GB afair.
If you add user info, coin addresses and some other info it still cant be that much.

I am sure that is only a tiny part of there database and if not something is wrong.

Activity: 182
I doubt that. The whole okcoin transaction database is less than 5GB without compression, and they had thousands of trades per day for more than half a year. The leaked mtgox db with transactions and some user account info was around 2GB afair.
If you add user info, coin addresses and some other info it still cant be that much.

Pages:
Jump to: