Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Atomic Trade New Virtual Currency Exchange USD BTC - page 5. (Read 44351 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
I believe Byron said 160Gig.  But he is busy fixing things not reading here.

The whole db cant be more than a couple of GB in size, since its a young and small exchange. I doubt its hard or expensive to make a daily backup. Byron could also setup a master/slave db system to avoid such problems in the future.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The whole db cant be more than a couple of GB in size, since its a young and small exchange. I doubt its hard or expensive to make a daily backup. Byron could also setup a master/slave db system to avoid such problems in the future.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Sure there are lessons to be learned here. But can we try to focus on the positives.

No wallets have been compromised, No coins have been lost, Byron is currently bringing back the exchange to a working state, NOT claiming to have been hacked and running off with you coins.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

you backup to external servers dude.......

he did, just not daily, due to bandwidth restraints.

Maybe you can explain what bandwidth restraints have to do with it?

It doesn't take a month to transfer a backup, does it? That'd be 61 kBps....

Why can't backups be continuous?

Normally with hosting plans you are only allowed to transfer so much data per month.  I can't speak to the terms of his plan but that external backup traffic would count against his overall cap on bandwith transfer for the month.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
registered on the 12th, so I guess I need to re-register again *sigh*
I have a few questions though, please bare with me... my knowledge maybe a few years outdated
the last time I actively do programming & technical stuff was about 10 years ago

Daily backups resided on one of the afflicted VHD's while monthly offsite backups are still available.
I'm not sure how VHD works, but shouldn't the daily backup be saved on separate location?
for the offsite backup & bandwidth constraints... isn't there a way to do incremental backup system
in a way that you don't have to actually backup the whole things & only the diff since last backup
Activity: 35
Please help me , when i want to login
"OOPS, Sign In Failed! ERROR: Invalid Credentials."
Activity: 274
Merit: 254

he did, just not daily, due to bandwidth restraints. however i do agree it should have been more often than monthly... hopefully everything gets straightened out soon and the new server setup is way better
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
of course in hindsight it is easy to say things could have been backed up better, but who expects their cloud provider to delete all your data including your daily backups on all 6 (maybe more?) redundancies which are geographically distributed?

Activity: 23
Dont rush getting the new stuff running.

This is the part where our bet on Byron is proven wise.

People complaining about 0.04 btc temporarily inaccessible are petty, and I'm not even rich! Crypto is not for you.

Muah all
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
of course in hindsight it is easy to say things could have been backed up better, but who expects their cloud provider to delete all your data including your daily backups on all 6 (maybe more?) redundancies which are geographically distributed?

No kidding!
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I just logged onto my AT account for the first time since Friday evening. What a weekend you've been having, ByronP! I'm so sorry Sad

It looks like you are on the right track in solving it--building a script to rebuild everyone's balances using the block chain data. One update that will be very helpful (both here and on Twitter) is an ETA on when that process will be complete. Then we can know what to expect.

The main thing I've been doing over the past two weeks is chatting, so accumulating ATP, and collecting the tiny payments from my ATP holdings (which are not super significant). I don't know if you have a way to restore ATP balances or not. A few days ago, someone in chat tipped me 0.009 ATP, so it's a bummer to "lose" that. I know, not much in the grand scheme of things, but it was my very first tip here.

And whatever else happens, I would encourage backups that are more than monthly. I think several times a day is a minimum, considering how much coins move around--it is an exchange. But that's for the future.

Anyway, my two cents. Hope it helps. Really sorry this happened to you (and to us).
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
The owner and founder of Atomic-Trade.com was so confident in
                 this crypto-currency exchange platform that he named his
                 newborn son “Atom”
to demonstrate his “faith” that this
                 website will supply an iconic exchange platform that will
                 revolutionize the crypto-currency market.

Maybe Back-up is a better name?

Amen
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
The owner and founder of Atomic-Trade.com was so confident in
                 this crypto-currency exchange platform that he named his
                 newborn son “Atom”
to demonstrate his “faith” that this
                 website will supply an iconic exchange platform that will
                 revolutionize the crypto-currency market.

Maybe Back-up is a better name?
Activity: 2
I think you need to create a new account. The database backup seems to be from the 6th. From Byron, above:
Are you serious? D:
I just registered less than a week ago and transfered some btc to make some trades... What can I do now? Registering again? (I tried and couldn't) I can find the blockchain, but this kind of things shouldn't happen :S.
Activity: 54
ATP (and CCS) balances can be recovered too? I mean, if not, ppl cannot prove ATP rewards that claimed....
Activity: 924
Is it right that i cannot login? The site recognize my username but after filling my password it says:
OOPS, Sign In Failed!
ERROR: Invalid Credentials.

Have you changed your password in the last few weeks?

I am a new member since august 11, since that time my password is not changed.
Activity: 924
Is it right that i cannot login? The site recognize my username but after filling my password it says:
OOPS, Sign In Failed!
ERROR: Invalid Credentials.
Activity: 56
Please take note guys, no coins have been lost. All wallets are safe as far is byron is saying.
Activity: 599
Merit: 510
Site is back up deposits/withdrawals/trades/... are locked while balance  records are rebuilt.
Pages:
Jump to: