Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [B3] B3Coin | POS/POD | Self Moderated Thread - page 2. (Read 23172 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 0
People have allowed this coin to sleep.

Coinexchange.io seems to have the highest trade volume.

sorry john. This coin is dead. I know you hold large percent of B3.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
People have allowed this coin to sleep.

Coinexchange.io seems to have the highest trade volume.
Activity: 17
Dev team consider partnering with CryptoHashTank POS/MN Service as listing is free

I will make sure the developers notice this suggestion, but after the way StakeUnited closed its pools with only 2 weeks notice and swallowed all coins not withdrawn by then, I am not sure they are going to change their stance on discouraging B3 Coin holders from 3rd party staking pools ... and with the nature of fundamental nodes and the fact that the principal investment is destroyed in the creation, I am not sure a pool catering to traditional master nodes would work in an individuals best interest.
Any news here? I am not on discord is coin alive?

The Team is still heads down working on an FN revamp, core wallet updates, and of course, the DEX.  Habaner0, Kdog and Josh can still be seen on the Discord.

It has to be remembered that work proceeds on a volunteer, unpaid basis, so everyone has to maintain their "day jobs" and can't devote their full attention to this project, but all repeatedly maintain that they remain committed to making something special.
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
Any news here? I am not on discord is coin alive?
Hey, ... I mentioned StakeUnited recently as the only site I was aware of that ran B3 staking pools ... well .....

B3COIN COMMUNITY AWARENESS ANNOUNCEMENT - StakeUnited IS CLOSING ON 1/9/2019 @ 6am EST

It has come to the team's attention that StakeUnited (a third party staking/masternode pool service provider) will be ending their services on January 9, 2019 @ 6am EST.

It is important to note and remind our community that we don't endorse or affiliate with any third party staking services.  With that said, we understand that there may be members of our community that could be utilizing their services and we would like to give our community this update.

If you are an individual who is using StakeUnited, it is up to you to conduct your own due diligence in order to withdraw your coins from their platform. Our team is not in direct communication with their team in regards to this matter and cannot provide any assistance into the withdrawal of your B3Coins.

This should be yet another reminder to keep your own coins under your control, not in exchanges or in third party pools.

If you would like to learn more about staking coins in your own wallet, that information can be found in the #wallet-faq-guides channel - B3 discord (https://discord.gg/59EVBVR).

A screenshot of an announcement from their official discord server
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/395752556900384783/528220098478080000/StakeUnited_Announcement.jpg?width=953&height=295

Gentlemen in the team, please tell at what stage of B3 development we are?

Although a bit of information, please.

Hello -- We remain heads down working on:  core update, node update, dex.  

Thank you!

Hello,

Are you pushing the update to the github?

Thanks You!

Hey Sam, no one seems to have answered your question, so I'll have a go based on what has been said on the #community-meetings channel on the B3 discord -

At present, most of the work is proceeding on a private github server.  The reasons for this are as follows:

It should be pretty well known by anyone who has looked into B3 Coin that there are no development funds.  The BCT announcement clearly said at the very beginning the project was “Anti-Instamine, No Pre-mine, No ICO, No IPO” …. That means no funds for the team behind the coin and no development funds.  The only attempt to rectify that was by this Team, but was blocked by someone we all thought we could trust … not going to talk about that except to illustrate that even with that major setback – this Team continues to work away at a volunteer’s pace.  This makes us the little guys … the underdog.  How can we compete with a Bitfinex, or another well-funded project?  By keeping our cards close to our chests.  If Kdog pushes code for innovative features to the public Github, what is to keep better funded projects who are going to get their DEX to market before us from saying “oh, nice” and taking that feature into their DEX?  Likewise, saying in the discord that the DEX will have “X”, which will set us apart from the crowd, or releasing screenshots, quite possibly could encourage others to work those features into their product.  It doesn’t make any sense, and honestly, keeping quiet about the development is the only smart move.
I guess it is POS. so could some one tell me please whats the staking rate of B3 coin and  from which pool I can do staking...

As I don't have offline wallet . So I am looking online  staking pooling ....

Any response would be appreciated..

The current staking rate (which will be in effect for 6-7 years I believe at present block rate) is 20% annual.  That is shared with the node holders, so the effective rate is 8% annual.  As far as a staking pool, I know StakeUnited used to support B3 (kB3), and I think there are others, but I know the Team is hesitant to endorse sending your coins somewhere you don't hold the private keys for an extended period.  Not saying any particular group is untrustworthy, but giving someone complete control over your money is a great way of losing it.
copper member
Activity: 449
Merit: 2
web3 developer | Youtuber
I guess it is POS. so could some one tell me please whats the staking rate of B3 coin and  from which pool I can do staking...

As I don't have offline wallet . So I am looking online  staking pooling ....

Any response would be appreciated..
Activity: 980
Merit: 502

Hello -- We remain heads down working on:  core update, node update, dex.   

Thank you!

Hello,

Are you pushing the update to the github?

Thanks You!
Activity: 46
Merit: 6

Hello -- We remain heads down working on:  core update, node update, dex.   

Thank you!

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

Your wallet generates left addresses that do not receive money from the exchange.
How can I get my money back?

My suspicion is that your wallet is on the wrong chain, which should be an easy fix but will need to know a bit more and will probably require some dialog ... so, in my opinion - you should go to the discord, wallet help channel (https://discord.gg/umES69M) and when there, tell them your problem, the wallet version (if you are not on v3.1.2.2.that is your first problem), and maybe follow these steps to check if you are on the correct chain:

1)      Go to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/b3/ and find the most recent block.  Click on that block number.  The next page will list a block hash.
2)      In your wallet, go to Help Menu ->Debug Window->Console Tab
3)      Type in getblockhash  followed by the block number you looked up on crypto id
4)      Confirm the hash on the wallet console matches the hash from the web page.
5)      If they match … you are on the correct chain.  If they don’t you are not ….
Activity: 9
Your wallet generates left addresses that do not receive money from the exchange.
How can I get my money back?
Activity: 46
Merit: 6
Roadmap and Whitepaper UPDATE

We are aware that we had previously committed to supplying the roadmap around the end of April.   However, an interesting possibility has came up late last week that we are exploring further, which would not only restructure but also enhance our roadmap greatly.  Thus, we need to do some due diligence around this, and we need to spend some more time working through it.   We believe the entire community will be as excited as we are right now, entertaining this opportunity.

While we want to be able to supply an updated date for both the roadmap and the whitepaper as quickly as possible, we need to work through some more details.  We will provide either more information or updated dates when we are able to do so with confidence.

Please know we continue to be heads-down working on the coin and its future. Thank you for your support.  We will continue to update everyone on this as events unfold.

Kind Regards,

B3 Team

It's October now, any news about the Whitepaper or Roadmap?

Hey beswaax!

Thank you for asking about our progress. We have regular community meetings hosted on our discord server where we update the community and answer questions directly. We answered some questions about the whitepaper and roadmap in the Q and A portion towards the end of the recording.

Here is a link to our latest recording, uploaded by a community member named Jim Hopper.
RECORDING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G51rLLdHEs

* 00:00-00:20 - Disclaimer: Nothing discussed on this recording should be considered as investment advice. Please consult a certified financial advisor for professional guidance on your cryptocurrency investments, invest at your own risk.
* 00:21-00:58 - B3Coin: B3Coin is a POS coin, which means you can store coins in your wallet and keep it running (and synced) in-order to generate rewards. You will need a significant amount of coins to generate rewards more rapidly.
* 00:59-02:05 - B3Coin: We also have a unique type of Masternode which is called a “Fundamental Node” (FN). FNs are different from Masternodes in the way that it uses a unique algorithm / attribute called Proof-of-Disintegration (PoD), which is our main innovation. PoD is currently only utilized when creating a FN. The way it works is that you send 15,000.001 kB3 coins to an address (like with Masternodes) but instead of being locked, the coins get disintegrated in the blockchain and you receive 1 coin on the address. This locked coin then represents the FN - setting up and keeping this node running will then generate rewards, tutorials / help on setting up a FN can be found in #b3-fnode-help
* 02:06-03:02 - B3Coin: We plan on introducing micro-disintegrations on transaction-fees which means that in future, when our decentralized exchange (DEX) is up running and B3Coin transactions increase, the PoD will secure that the supply gets lowered and more scarce over time.

03:03-03:54 - What we are doing? We are building a network in preparation for a DEX, our goal is not to create a fork of an existing DEX. We are creating a DEX that delivers a unique user experience that is easy-to-use and attractive for new adopters, existing crypto-enthusiasts and projects in the world of crypto. We are working behind the scenes to develop and update this project, so it will have a strong and healthy future.
* 03:55-04:15 - Legal update: we believe, at this point, that we have a high level plan. We still have a few details to be worked though and will give an update on the next community meeting.

* 04:16-05:47 - Tech update: Our core update is still in process. A couple people have asked about which update we are going for and we will update as much as we can. A timeframe can not be given yet as some of it depends on other rework we are doing to the node code. It is almost complete, but will need a whole bunch of testing for it. A quick reminder that we are building a DEX from scratch so naturally it takes time.
* 05:48-09:40 - Thanks for the patience - if you have been with us for the past 10 months or new to B3Coin  then please listen in on this part as it contains a lot of informative material that can not be nailed down in summary.

Next Community Meeting is on 11/7/2018
* 09:41-36:28 Questions from community & answers from team.

There are more recordings/summaries archived in the #community-meetings channel in our discord with summaries dated back to April 4th of 2018.

We are currently heads down in development and are keeping very quiet about what is being created at this time. Our community is and has been very patient with us. There are many tech hawks out there circling around our project because of what PoD can offer for the future. This is why we have made the decision to not disclose much information about our technical features to be released in the future. It would not only hurt our investors, but waste all the time our team has spent on research and development to divulge everything we are/have been working on without it being ready to release, for it to just get stolen by other projects.

You will notice a major uptick in activity from us on all social media outlets when the time has come to announce our advancements.

If you need anymore information about what's going on, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.
The B3Team
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Roadmap and Whitepaper UPDATE

We are aware that we had previously committed to supplying the roadmap around the end of April.   However, an interesting possibility has came up late last week that we are exploring further, which would not only restructure but also enhance our roadmap greatly.  Thus, we need to do some due diligence around this, and we need to spend some more time working through it.   We believe the entire community will be as excited as we are right now, entertaining this opportunity.

While we want to be able to supply an updated date for both the roadmap and the whitepaper as quickly as possible, we need to work through some more details.  We will provide either more information or updated dates when we are able to do so with confidence.

Please know we continue to be heads-down working on the coin and its future. Thank you for your support.  We will continue to update everyone on this as events unfold.

Kind Regards,

B3 Team

It's October now, any news about the Whitepaper or Roadmap?
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Is this project still alive?
So at block 149227 now, this will be at 20% for a couple years still.

80,001 -  110,000  = 100%
   110,001 - 1,000,000 = 20%
 1,000,001 -  infinity  = 5%

several years, yes .... remember, though that you share staking rewards with the FNs, 60-40 ... so the staker gets 8% not counting compounding.

Oh, so the people running the masternodes get part of what the stakers are getting?  why not just say the stakers get 8%. 

not sure how that system came into being, but I have seen it in other coins as well .... maybe because the blocks in the blockchain originate with the stakers (in PoS coins) while the nodes function to stabilize the blockchain.  Also, maybe because in most coins the blockchain is set up and initially released with the reward structure, and then the masternodes are added later ... which is what happened in this case.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552

several years, yes .... remember, though that you share staking rewards with the FNs, 60-40 ... so the staker gets 8% not counting compounding.

Oh, so the people running the masternodes get part of what the stakers are getting?  why not just say the stakers get 8%. 

Pages:
Jump to: