Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 237. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hey there everyone!

Do you have any questions for the Bancor team?
Reach Bancor through social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
using the #AskBancor Hashtag!
Yeah this is good. Miles better than waiting for your question to be answered in here.

good job -.- there you have your non-profit strategy! all your investors lose a shit ton of money and the market informs about your huge loss .. so tell me once more the pioneer thinking and non profit shit is good crypto is meant to make cash which will lead to interest of the market which will lead to good news, interested investors and money to be able to develop ..
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Hey there everyone!

Yeah this is good. Miles better than waiting for your question to be answered in here.
Activity: 154
Merit: 106
This doesn't sound good! This doesn't sound that it should even happen! This show how stupid some of Bancor team is!
When Bloomberg asks you something! You go and sit ..Think twice before you fuck open your stupid mouth! They just fucked everyone who invested in them!
I am glad that i sold 75%  of my investment...You fucking piece of shit team.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-01/shining-star-of-initial-coin-offerings-crashing-back-to-earth

My advice to any one who is still holding sell 50% NOW before you are fucked totally! Keep the other 50% Just in case it recovers!

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
if the team plans to enable self token creation by end of year (which opens the door for mass adoption), will there also be a new UI for buying/selling tokens by then?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I really couldnt understand how prices go down this much nearly its 75% lower than ico price as btc. And team is working on project. Why people still dumping their coins?
Activity: 468
It was a busy day on social media for some updates in various sections. I like and want to see these types of updates and activity everyday by team this thing increases my excitement seeing them working. I am sure once development will be done they will have much more time to share these updates and news with community.

Yes, it is. For example, 4-5 Nov Galia Benartzi, Bancor's co-founder, will speaking on the "What Is Money? Currency and Crypto-Currency" panel at ComplexCon in Long Beach CA.
Is there someone from those places? Go, then tell us Smiley

Hopefully this can affect investor confidence so more trust with Bancor, I just hope the price as last August, because I invest about $ 400 with price 70k satoshi and now the price only 30k.
Merit: 109
It was a busy day on social media for some updates in various sections. I like and want to see these types of updates and activity everyday by team this thing increases my excitement seeing them working. I am sure once development will be done they will have much more time to share these updates and news with community.

Yes, it is. For example, 4-5 Nov Galia Benartzi, Bancor's co-founder, will speaking on the "What Is Money? Currency and Crypto-Currency" panel at ComplexCon in Long Beach CA.
Is there someone from those places? Go, then tell us Smiley
Activity: 617
Merit: 256
ICO Accelerator & Consultant
Hey there everyone!

sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
How can I participate in the bounty program?

Go to https://app.bancor.network/communities/5967699a4a93370018b7b891/relatedTokens and join bounty program you want to participate (you have to create account if you don't have one yet). Then check About tab and follow the rules of the bounty.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
good luck eyal and team,
you are doing great job
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Now with these two things smart token and token relay things are moving ahead. It looks like people are more worried and care lot more about the future of project than team itself. In fact, it isn't like this because things are moving and building something from scratch sometimes takes more time than estimations at start.
We will see where it will lead us after some year or so.Be patient!
Activity: 22
How can I participate in the bounty program?
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
Now with these two things smart token and token relay things are moving ahead. It looks like people are more worried and care lot more about the future of project than team itself. In fact, it isn't like this because things are moving and building something from scratch sometimes takes more time than estimations at start.
Activity: 1
Hello,

i wanted to buy some BNT(bancor) and for that, i created a profile in https://app.bancor.network/profiles/PROFILE/my-wallet and sent my eth to the ETH address that is in there.
There is a message beside there which says "Wallet Address. Please send ETH to cover GAS only (0.01-0.1)". I sent 0.1... and now the transaction has been made but my ethers are not anywhere. How do i gain access to my wallet.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Is KickCoin smart token implemented? I do not see it anywhere within the bancor contracts, but they are already excepting its token. Are they working on the implementation or did something changed their mind?

As far as I remember, they promised to implement bancor in October. Let's see what happens...
Merit: 500
Activity: 448
Is KickCoin smart token implemented? I do not see it anywhere within the bancor contracts, but they are already excepting its token. Are they working on the implementation or did something changed their mind?
Activity: 938
Merit: 511
If more than 50 projects integrates with Bancor, will the price go up? Bancor is very weird project, only go down, never went above ICO price, the ICO price was 0.001 eth and eth was 0.0013+ BTC.
Activity: 590
Merit: 100
HIT the low and HOLD till moon
Bancor Progress Update
October 24, 2017

Dear Community,
It’s been a heads down month at Bancor as we crossed another milestone, the activation of the first Smart Token™ and Token Relay™ on the Bancor Network™, added a string of new partners and refined the language we use to describe the Bancor ecosystem.

Product Updates
The STX (Stox) Smart Token™ and the GNOBNT (Gnosis) Token Relay™ have both been activated by the respective projects and are live in the Web App. Now anyone can convert ETH, BNT, STX and GNO at algorithmically calculated prices determined by the Bancor Formula, directly through our Web App, at any time. This is one small step for Bancor and one giant step for the industry, as the world’s first smart contract enabled autonomous conversion mechanism. You can read more in the dedicated post and check out the STX and GNO token community pages in the app. Expect many more projects to adopt the Bancor Protocol™ shortly…
Smart Contract Upgrades

We pushed a great upgrade to the Bancor Smart Contracts, including the following features and enhancements:
Gas limits to level the transaction playing field and prevent line jumping
New terminology across many entities (read more on this below and expect to see rolling changes throughout our contracts and materials)

Further gas limit optimizations to reduce transaction costs even more
Allowing the purchase of Token Relay™ tokens with a single transaction
Allowing sending of results of a transaction to another user
Cleaner design, more separation between modules and less dependencies between converters, and more…
New Terminology

After a long and thorough process with the best minds in the business, we have finalized new terminology which more accurately describes the Bancor ecosystem and its various components. As is often the case with new inventions, we at first must use old words to describe new ideas. The lexicon below is adapted to reflect the autonomous and interconnected pieces that together create the Bancor decentralized liquidity network.
The Bancor Protocol™ — This is the method described in our whitepaper by which a cryptographic token is related to another. The source token is a “Smart Token™” and its related token is called a “Connector” (formerly known as reserve.)
The Bancor Formula™ — This formula governs the price relationship between a Smart Token™ and its Connector. The ratio balances buy and sell volumes while holding a token’s Connector “Weight” (see below) constant. The formula incorporates transaction size so each buy and sell affects the price as if it were executed in infinitely small increments.
Weight — The weight of a Connector (formerly known as CRR) is the ratio between the Connector balance and the Smart Token’s Total Token Value (which is its supply x unit price.) This creator-configured parameter defines the sensitivity of a token to its Connector: A higher weight results in higher liquidity and greater stability, while a lower weight results in lower liquidity and lower stability. The weight of a Connector is held constant by the Bancor Formula while the Smart Token’s supply and Connector balance both rise with purchases and fall with sells, mandating that the price fluctuate accordingly.
Smart Token™ — A Smart Token™ can be purchased for any of its Connectors and sold for any of its Connectors, directly through the smart contract. Beyond its initial creator-configured supply, a Smart Token™ is created when it is purchased and destroyed when it is sold. Because of the fraction in the Bancor Formula, Smart Tokens™ with a total Connector weight of less than 100% increase in price as their supply increases (when purchased) and decrease in price as their supply decreases (when sold.) While demand still governs price, the supply of a Smart Token™ is dynamic and adaptable, not finite.
Token Relay™— A Token Relay™ is a unique kind of Smart Token™ with two Connectors, with a combined total weight of 100%. This configuration allows for simple integration of existing ERC20 tokens into the Bancor Protocol, making them backwards compatible. The new Smart Token™ created (for example, GNOBNT) is purchasable with either of its Connectors, and can be sold for either of its Connectors, making it a conduit for converting one to the other. Token Relays™ in the Bancor Network™ hold one Connector in BNT and the other in an existing ERC20 token, thus enabling the latter to convert into any token in the network, via BNT, which is itself a Smart Token™ (with a 10% weight ETH Connector.)
The Bancor Network™ — Every token utilizing BNT as a Connector is part of what we call the Bancor Network™ and thus convertible for any other in the network through a maximum 2 hop process via BNT. The Bancor Network™ allows for autonomous, continuous, asynchronous convertibility between integrated tokens. This is the world’s first and only decentralized liquidity network.

The Bancor Web App — This front-end UX allows users to create a Smart Wallet™ on the Bancor Network™ which they can use to buy and sell any token in the network by interacting with the Smart Token™ contract and convert between them at their formulaically calculated prices. This app will soon be widgetized and portable to any online or mobile destination for easy use throughout Bancor Network™ members’ ecosystems.

https://blog.bancor.network/bancor-progress-update-325c648dfb3a

The only real thing is that Bancor is sinking like TITANIC. From 155M cap to 80M is almost half price drop.

Just 1 small project is using BNT as reserve and it is STOX that is sinking like TITANIC like BNT.

From an ICO that raised 155M I expected a lot more, listed only on binance and bittrex, no bitfinex, It seems that was really overvalued at the ICO.

I think in this moment BNT should have a Market cap of arround 30-40M. So now is still overvalued, that's because the roadmap is very very long, and you can see first profit maybe in Q2 of 2018.

When BNT ICO was, investors were galvanized by ETH pump so they tought that BNT was similar, but it is not.

This coin needs to dump a lot before pump.
Activity: 630
Bancor Progress Update
October 24, 2017

Dear Community,
It’s been a heads down month at Bancor as we crossed another milestone, the activation of the first Smart Token™ and Token Relay™ on the Bancor Network™, added a string of new partners and refined the language we use to describe the Bancor ecosystem.

Product Updates
The STX (Stox) Smart Token™ and the GNOBNT (Gnosis) Token Relay™ have both been activated by the respective projects and are live in the Web App. Now anyone can convert ETH, BNT, STX and GNO at algorithmically calculated prices determined by the Bancor Formula, directly through our Web App, at any time. This is one small step for Bancor and one giant step for the industry, as the world’s first smart contract enabled autonomous conversion mechanism. You can read more in the dedicated post and check out the STX and GNO token community pages in the app. Expect many more projects to adopt the Bancor Protocol™ shortly…
Smart Contract Upgrades

We pushed a great upgrade to the Bancor Smart Contracts, including the following features and enhancements:
Gas limits to level the transaction playing field and prevent line jumping
New terminology across many entities (read more on this below and expect to see rolling changes throughout our contracts and materials)

Further gas limit optimizations to reduce transaction costs even more
Allowing the purchase of Token Relay™ tokens with a single transaction
Allowing sending of results of a transaction to another user
Cleaner design, more separation between modules and less dependencies between converters, and more…
New Terminology

After a long and thorough process with the best minds in the business, we have finalized new terminology which more accurately describes the Bancor ecosystem and its various components. As is often the case with new inventions, we at first must use old words to describe new ideas. The lexicon below is adapted to reflect the autonomous and interconnected pieces that together create the Bancor decentralized liquidity network.
The Bancor Protocol™ — This is the method described in our whitepaper by which a cryptographic token is related to another. The source token is a “Smart Token™” and its related token is called a “Connector” (formerly known as reserve.)
The Bancor Formula™ — This formula governs the price relationship between a Smart Token™ and its Connector. The ratio balances buy and sell volumes while holding a token’s Connector “Weight” (see below) constant. The formula incorporates transaction size so each buy and sell affects the price as if it were executed in infinitely small increments.
Weight — The weight of a Connector (formerly known as CRR) is the ratio between the Connector balance and the Smart Token’s Total Token Value (which is its supply x unit price.) This creator-configured parameter defines the sensitivity of a token to its Connector: A higher weight results in higher liquidity and greater stability, while a lower weight results in lower liquidity and lower stability. The weight of a Connector is held constant by the Bancor Formula while the Smart Token’s supply and Connector balance both rise with purchases and fall with sells, mandating that the price fluctuate accordingly.
Smart Token™ — A Smart Token™ can be purchased for any of its Connectors and sold for any of its Connectors, directly through the smart contract. Beyond its initial creator-configured supply, a Smart Token™ is created when it is purchased and destroyed when it is sold. Because of the fraction in the Bancor Formula, Smart Tokens™ with a total Connector weight of less than 100% increase in price as their supply increases (when purchased) and decrease in price as their supply decreases (when sold.) While demand still governs price, the supply of a Smart Token™ is dynamic and adaptable, not finite.
Token Relay™— A Token Relay™ is a unique kind of Smart Token™ with two Connectors, with a combined total weight of 100%. This configuration allows for simple integration of existing ERC20 tokens into the Bancor Protocol, making them backwards compatible. The new Smart Token™ created (for example, GNOBNT) is purchasable with either of its Connectors, and can be sold for either of its Connectors, making it a conduit for converting one to the other. Token Relays™ in the Bancor Network™ hold one Connector in BNT and the other in an existing ERC20 token, thus enabling the latter to convert into any token in the network, via BNT, which is itself a Smart Token™ (with a 10% weight ETH Connector.)
The Bancor Network™ — Every token utilizing BNT as a Connector is part of what we call the Bancor Network™ and thus convertible for any other in the network through a maximum 2 hop process via BNT. The Bancor Network™ allows for autonomous, continuous, asynchronous convertibility between integrated tokens. This is the world’s first and only decentralized liquidity network.

The Bancor Web App — This front-end UX allows users to create a Smart Wallet™ on the Bancor Network™ which they can use to buy and sell any token in the network by interacting with the Smart Token™ contract and convert between them at their formulaically calculated prices. This app will soon be widgetized and portable to any online or mobile destination for easy use throughout Bancor Network™ members’ ecosystems.

https://blog.bancor.network/bancor-progress-update-325c648dfb3a
Jump to: