Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 241. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Hello Bancor, are BNT tokens being sold to partners directly from your own reserve? Or should all partners buy the token from the contract?
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
Excited to see Enjin Coin (ENJ) being added to the Bancor ecosystem.

Big fan of Enjin so looking forward to see how it will play out on Bancor too.

Yup! we need more projects using BNT protocol.

do you know what other projects that uses bancor protocol aside from enjin? can you sire some?
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working

Yup! we need more projects using BNT protocol.
Activity: 383
Bancor is in in's infancy right now. It's been around for only 3 or 4 month. When other projects choose to get a lot of hype and get pumped without a working technology, Bancor chose otherwise. They decided they should get they're tech up and running and only then do proper marketing

You are right, bancor is top 5 largest crowdfunding project in the world, but its price is never above ico price, it will surge in next year maybe. Expect a 10x-50x return.
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
I was buying bancor from bittrex i bought at many different prices from $3.33 to $1.88 and saved up
633 BNT ..

I set up a MEW wallet for first time ever never dealt with ETH always bitcoin so i set the wallet up and sent 633 BNT and everything was good then one day like yesterday i sent some more and my
MEW wallet got emptied NOTHING ZERO.. Cry Cry

What happened is i got sent an EMAIL and because it was new to me i clicked on it and got
ROBBED..

710 Bnt gone no more BNT  Cry..
I was buying them from bittrex and got scammed by an EMAIL from South Africa ..

My plan was to get my 15 year old into the Bancor protocol and let her use them to invest in many start ups BUT all my plans gone Cry..

I am one of the biggest shouters for a UNIVERSAL INCOME for all humans;) Wink..

And this is one project that could well help so many people out and make people rich at the same time..

I have come up with a plan a better way for a UNIVERSAL INCOME for all ..

I have CRACKED IT Grin Grin Grin..

Oh i forgot it was called fake phishing email so be careful people..

Please don't say my own fault because because if i knew i wouldn't of done it Cheesy Cheesy..

Did you enter a faked MEW wallet to get robbed, or was it sufficient to click the link? Better to know the details, so as to be sure not to repeat same mistakes. I guess I will buy a Ledger NANO to make sure my precious BNTs don't vanish as well.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Activity: 350
Im checking the platform at least once a month and everytime im seeing some improvements. Bancor just waiting this craziness of btc. Than im sure will rise with the stable btc prices

yeah lets see how long it takes
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1150
Im checking the platform at least once a month and everytime im seeing some improvements. Bancor just waiting this craziness of btc. Than im sure will rise with the stable btc prices
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Who are the competitors of Bancor and where does bancor stands against  them?

any comparison chart

TBH there are not direct competiton. Sure, there are some decentralized exchanges, but nothing with features like Bancor has on their platform. Espacially liquidity is the issue with other projects, and Bancor can solve it with their Liquidity Network. Check the latest blog post about it, and earlier ones where you can see all the upcoming Smart Tokens, and Token Relays. I think Bancor is the most promising blockchain project at the moment.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
This free fall in value is temporary but at the same time is disturbing situation. I know with the first release price will sky rocket but this downtrend still is painful. I can only hope that current floor of above 30k satoshi is bottom because I ma afraid once it dropped under we may see 20k satoshi then as it has happened so far.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
We are waiting for 2018: It will be interesting when a huge amount of companies will create smart tokens on the bancor protocol. It`s a long term investment, like a comsa.

Whats so special about Comsa
Are they competitors of Bancor?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bancor is in in's infancy right now. It's been around for only 3 or 4 month. When other projects choose to get a lot of hype and get pumped without a working technology, Bancor chose otherwise. They decided they should get they're tech up and running and only then do proper marketing
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Your professional profile on the blockchain
We are waiting for 2018: It will be interesting when a huge amount of companies will create smart tokens on the bancor protocol. It`s a long term investment, like a comsa.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Hey,
FYI the upgrade was successfully completed, the smart contacts are back online. For updated addresses, please check our website and blog. We'll share more granular info about the release in an upcoming post. Thanks!

This is official update or copy that phrase from anywhere. It looking like you are not part of dev team because of different signature you have. Anyway thanks for this update maybe dev is busy and forget to post into official thread.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
The BNT/BTC price is very low now, much lower than ICO price. Do you think it's good idea to buy now, or will it go even lower? There are already project starting using Bancor smart contracts, so it should go only up now, right?
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
Although so many coins/projects intend to use bancor protocols, the price is still going down everyday. Why this happened? I am very confused, is it BNT dead?

It is not a lot of projects to use the bancor protocol, only a few projects using bancor protocol
bancor need more projects to use bancor protocol to increase bancor value, dozens or even hundreds of items

The first thing is that all altcoins are going down, not only Bancor. Among other factors, it's probably caused by the Bitcoin Gold fork - people are moving funds to BTC to get free Bitcoin Gold.
And yes, there will have to many more projects, and big ones, running on Bancor to significantly increase the BNT price. It will happen sooner or later, but it's not the case just yet. Be patient Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Although so many coins/projects intend to use bancor protocols, the price is still going down everyday. Why this happened? I am very confused, is it BNT dead?

It is not a lot of projects to use the bancor protocol, only a few projects using bancor protocol
bancor need more projects to use bancor protocol to increase bancor value, dozens or even hundreds of items
Activity: 504
Hey,
FYI the upgrade was successfully completed, the smart contacts are back online. For updated addresses, please check our website and blog. We'll share more granular info about the release in an upcoming post. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
Not everyone can understand the concept well and to be fair majority is here to make quick bucks so for them it is good to buy and hold or trade as long as they can without taking stress of going through all the reading and understanding process. Who invested to make profit will get reward for their holdings in the end with the completion of platform. This is enough at large that project has high potential and is serious thing for sure.
Activity: 804
Is Banco the base layer so to say for the development of all kinds of smart tokens or how does this exactly work?
yes kinda, you can read more details in the website FAQ
https://www.bancor.network/faq

The adoption of Bancor as reserve currency helps the value of BNT to increase.

So every new token that comes onto the Bancor network will likely come with an increase in the BNT token price, as the token has to purchase BNT to go live.

Should a smart token rise in value, it means there are more trades going through it and therefore more BNT being traded and likely a corresponding rise in the demand of BNT, so price will rise in this case too.

And, when someone buys a new BNT, the price they pay is added to the BNT smart token reserves. This increases the price of the next BNT (see formula in white paper). So as demand rises, both the amount of BNT and the value of a BNT increases with it.

I am reading the FAQ now and it is really interesting, but not that easy to understand. It is, however, compelling enough to make me dig deeper into all the concepts mentioned on the website. Nice project! About to get into it now much deeper.
Jump to: