Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 256. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 300
Check out the recent messages from Guy Benartzi on Telegram... Looks like Web3 Protocol integration went live today!!! You can easily buy Bancor from web3 protocol wallets now (e.g., parity) directly from Bancor..

Guy: "Folks... We have a little surprise for you. UX is starting to roll out. Still a few kinks and only BNT activated at the moment for easy buy and sell, but Web3 integration is live! We will do a formal blog post about it on the 21st. And of course this is just the beginning of many rapid product iterations to come, but we now have a base we are comfortable working off of with real tokens on MainNet using Bancor protocol.
But in the meantime, any volunteers want to help test it out and share your thoughts? Wink
app.bancor.network"

As for next steps...
Guy: "We will add smart tokens and token changers to the UX as they activate. Next major milestone, self service creation and APIs."

Are we ready for the moon?

Buckle up! Also, when the ICON project is launched on the Bancor protocol, it's about the get real!

So what the are harping about? Only Bancor activated (which is their own token anyway), and still few kinks left, really? And what do you means by 'looks like'? Is it live or not live, there's no looks like in this. Either it should be working or not working. Better not to harp unless you have a stable product.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Check out the recent messages from Guy Benartzi on Telegram... Looks like Web3 Protocol integration went live today!!! You can easily buy Bancor from web3 protocol wallets now (e.g., parity) directly from Bancor..

Guy: "Folks... We have a little surprise for you. UX is starting to roll out. Still a few kinks and only BNT activated at the moment for easy buy and sell, but Web3 integration is live! We will do a formal blog post about it on the 21st. And of course this is just the beginning of many rapid product iterations to come, but we now have a base we are comfortable working off of with real tokens on MainNet using Bancor protocol.
But in the meantime, any volunteers want to help test it out and share your thoughts? Wink
app.bancor.network"

As for next steps...
Guy: "We will add smart tokens and token changers to the UX as they activate. Next major milestone, self service creation and APIs."

Buckle up! Also, when the ICON project is launched on the Bancor protocol, it's about the get real!
Activity: 590
Merit: 100
HIT the low and HOLD till moon

app.bancor.network"

As for next steps...

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

app.bancor.network"

As for next steps...
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
Guys i am very interested in this coin, but can anyone give me some directions how to start with it? I dont have any coins to swap.How do i Mine it? Can i use GPU-s? And which pool do you recommend? Please!"
You can easily buy it from Bittrex.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
BNT will be next ethereum for 2018. This will be the deal.

have gut feeling myself that this will rise a lot
Activity: 590
HIT the low and HOLD till moon
BNT will be next ethereum for 2018. This will be the deal.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
Guys i am very interested in this coin, but can anyone give me some directions how to start with it? I dont have any coins to swap.How do i Mine it? Can i use GPU-s? And which pool do you recommend? Please!"

do you really want to mine it? or just want to purchase it? i think purchasing is a lot easy..
check this and you will see the markets of BNT of which you can buy to.
Activity: 177
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Read
Here is a good article I wrote on the Bancor coin/platform: https://steemit.com/scams/@roosterred/why-bancor-unless-it-changes-will-be-pump-and-dump-nightmare-for-investors
It has positive and negatives.

Doesnt the whole idea of Bancor make it a project that cannot easily suffer from Pump and Dump? The Price Discovery makes sure the contract price is pretty stable in my opinion.
Read the article. It is the opposite. Changes in the spread between the contract price and the trading price can help you identify pumping done by trading between fake parties, but there is no reason why you would resort to trading between fake parties in a Bancor backed coin. It is algorithmic. Buy from the contract and the price goes up. Convince people to buy more than you did and you get immediate, risk free profit. You can get dumped on by whales in the market, but your losses are still less than with normal coins, and everyone else, sans the whale, loses along with you.

Actually, the dumping whale would pay for it more than anyone. Bancor's pricing mechanism takes into account the price difference created by each trade, which means the whale would pay for the drop in price in terms of their return, resulting in a huge disincentive to manipulate.

I really don't want to be rude here, but you need to look up what an incentive and a disincentive is. The whale makes money. He is incentivized to do it. He, in effect, gets decreasing returns as when you dump a load of Bancor backed coins at once the price adjusts (the equation is in the whitepaper), but still makes money. He is incentivized to dump.

You are creating a nonsensical hypothetical where the whale could have sold his entire stack at exactly the market rate. First, that doesn't exist in normal coins either. When you dump a huge stack of an asset you typically get decreasing returns, just like Bancor gives you in-effect. Second, Bancor backed coins can be traded on the open market, so nothing prevents the whale from treating it like a normal coin anyways. Finally this whole hypothetical revolves around the single scenario where a pumper can lose money. You apparently think it is impossible for a pumper to lose money. It is a good thing it isn't. The Bancor model incentivizes pumping and dumping enough already.
Activity: 176
When will be main update?
Members of this team should consider to increase activity here, protect your investors.
I'm interested in this story, but I don't feel comfortable when I see low activity on Bitcointalk. Keep in mind some members won't join slack. If you have page on Bitcointalk use it, else you won't look professional...

We are active here. I respond whenever I see something that requires a response.
Activity: 176
Read
Here is a good article I wrote on the Bancor coin/platform: https://steemit.com/scams/@roosterred/why-bancor-unless-it-changes-will-be-pump-and-dump-nightmare-for-investors
It has positive and negatives.

Doesnt the whole idea of Bancor make it a project that cannot easily suffer from Pump and Dump? The Price Discovery makes sure the contract price is pretty stable in my opinion.
Read the article. It is the opposite. Changes in the spread between the contract price and the trading price can help you identify pumping done by trading between fake parties, but there is no reason why you would resort to trading between fake parties in a Bancor backed coin. It is algorithmic. Buy from the contract and the price goes up. Convince people to buy more than you did and you get immediate, risk free profit. You can get dumped on by whales in the market, but your losses are still less than with normal coins, and everyone else, sans the whale, loses along with you.

Actually, the dumping whale would pay for it more than anyone. Bancor's pricing mechanism takes into account the price difference created by each trade, which means the whale would pay for the drop in price in terms of their return, resulting in a huge disincentive to manipulate.
Activity: 710
Merit: 255
I bought bancor during ico and i invest nearly 6 btc now it is around 2.5 btc.
I really like the project but this value is killing me. At least first we should hit 0.01 eth per coin. But its just getting far away from this rate

they don't care.

they busy spending it all on cocaine and lambos.

Im not thinking like you
Just we need some updates and working product sample. Or something like that.
Im not expecting a profit now but im expecting at least 100 bnt equals to 1 eth which is in btc base 50% loss
So the KICKICO's ICO is over... do you know when do they plan to actually create their smart token on Bancor network?
That should also increase the Bancor price, at least slightly I guess.

This is up to KICKICO I guess. This may take a while. Stox also launched their ICO using the Bancor protocol, but didnt launch the Bancor Network Token yet either (afaik).
I really like the project but this value is killing me. At least first we should hit 0.01 eth per coin. But its just getting far away from this rate

they don't care.

Stop spreading FUD please. Team is hard at work creating something very special.
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
So the KICKICO's ICO is over... do you know when do they plan to actually create their smart token on Bancor network?
That should also increase the Bancor price, at least slightly I guess.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

they don't care.

Activity: 532
Merit: 254
When will be main update?
Members of this team should consider to increase activity here, protect your investors.
I'm interested in this story, but I don't feel comfortable when I see low activity on Bitcointalk. Keep in mind some members won't join slack. If you have page on Bitcointalk use it, else you won't look professional...
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
You should be flexible with development time roughly 6 months should be added to get profit on your investment in any project. This is phase when except couple of projects every major project is being traded under ICO but good thing is development is going on. You can expect in another couple of months reward for patience and holding from this as well.
Activity: 710
Merit: 255
Jump to: