Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 263. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
guys, what is a difference between bancor and kyber.network?  Smiley can kyber project press out bancor?

From the FAQ:

Isn’t Bancor just a decentralized exchange?

Bancor is not an exchange. It is a protocol which allows for asynchronous price discovery and continuous liquidity. This means that converting a smart token does not require matching two parties in real time with opposite wants, rather, it can be completed by a single party directly through the token’s smart contract.

So, unlike exchanges where you have to find someone who actively wants to buy what you’re selling, smart tokens are always completely and immediately liquid regardless of trade volume. This enables a long tail of countless potential currencies that normally couldn’t achieve liquidity because their trading volume is too low or their use is too specialized. Smart tokens built using the Bancor protocol form an interconnected monetary network that instantly facilitates any request to convert between tokens in the network.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I AM
Are we learning our lessons about ICO's yet? Anyone who was here in 2014 if you bought in to ICO BS again you deserve it. You can always get them cheaper on exchanges in the years it takes to create a solid product. Your essentially buying seed shares and should expect to wait 2-3 years for it to pay off.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
so scam the project is, i wonder whether the team is doing real work after raising so many money, the most important is that this project started the high-cap ICO, they should go to hell for their greed!
bnt and snt are my two wrong investment decisions due to the team charge outrageous price, even worse, both the team dont do real work or do little promotion, maybe they go to play yacht and young model after they got the money

Are you sure about it? Because I know they are working their asses off to bring the best platform for making smart tokens as easy as possible. What were you expecting putting money in this project? Quick flip? The promotion will come once the Bancor Network will be launched, what's to promote right now? You should know that big business isn't done in 2 months, just look at big blockchain projects like ethereum, stratis, monero, it took years to get to their current marketcap. So please stop making up the FUD.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251

I have a question about the BNT and ETH exchange on the official website, if we can exchange the BNT easily with the ETH, why not holding ETH and instead of buying BNT, what is BNT used for?

You can go to this link and read the FaQ about it there.

Why not just use Ether as the network token? / Couldn’t someone just fork the Bancor protocol and use a different network token?
https://www.bancor.network/faq/bancor-network-token
so scam the project is, i wonder whether the team is doing real work after raising so many money, the most important is that this project started the high-cap ICO, they should go to hell for their greed!
bnt and snt are my two wrong investment decisions due to the team charge outrageous price, even worse, both the team dont do real work or do little promotion, maybe they go to play yacht and young model after they got the money

Yeah its easy to fud/blame the devs when the price going down and tank right?

They do their work and they will release blog post regarding that.
They dont control the market.

Few of the project that they get to onboard the bancor protocol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bancor/comments/6xfexm/upcoming_projects_using_the_bancor_protocol/
I dont know if you ever do your own diligent or not about the project, the teams is doing alot in the background and they will release the new blog post regarding this.

Here is few project that is onboarding the Bancor protocol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bancor/comments/6xfexm/upcoming_projects_using_the_bancor_protocol/
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Another new ico that will be using Bancor protocol

investing with Machine Learning & AI. Our investments will be stored on the blockchain, and rewards paid to holders of our tokens in ETH.

TGE - November 6, 2017

https://sharpe.capital
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Activity: 280
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
From telegram

Guy @ Bancor

There are lots of speculative comments here, which is understandable. The rumors of security reviews, etc are false. There is simply a lot of work to do.

The Summer since the TGE has been very busy laying the foundations for the protocols long-term success.
We've decided to work quitely on a number of fronts as we scale up the infrastructure of the team globaly.

Progress on legal reviews and regulatory frameworks takes a bit of time, especially in the Summer months. This is a non trivial international effort, and we're spending a lot of resources and time on it. We expect a very busy September full of many public developments.

In regards to messaging, we hear you. From the website to our public relations, we are rebooting everyhting to fit a post TGE period and reflect the more effective ways we've learned to communicate the innovation behind Bancor to a wider audience. We'll share more about the many exciting projects preparing to launch smart tokens with Bancor's protocol, shortly via our blog.

It's good news, I really hope there are going to be "many public developments" in September Smiley I understand that there is a lot of work to be done, but at least some good news regarding the development would be much appreciated.
Anyways, for now we can be at least happy about the KICKICO partnership Smiley
Activity: 703
Merit: 500

I have a question about the BNT and ETH exchange on the official website, if we can exchange the BNT easily with the ETH, why not holding ETH and instead of buying BNT, what is BNT used for?
Activity: 689
Merit: 102
 guys, what is a difference between bancor and kyber.network?  Smiley can kyber project press out bancor?
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
This coin does have huge potentials but with the pace of many ICOs I won'tbe surprised if another ICOs comes up with same idea and delivers on time, seem to be too many copycat ICOs going on, using the open source codes and just weaking slightly and releasing.
Activity: 176
When will be main update?
Members of this team should consider to increase activity here, protect your investors. I'm interested in this story, but I don't feel comfortable when I see low activity on Bitcointalk. Keep in mind some members won't join slack. If you have page on Bitcointalk use it, else you won't look professional.

I'm on the team, and checking here every day or so. There's not many questions that aren't answered or many updates that you guys haven't beaten me to posting though, so I don't comment all that much.
Activity: 703
Merit: 500
Members of this team should consider to increase activity here, protect your investors. I'm interested in this story, but I don't feel comfortable when I see low activity on Bitcointalk. Keep in mind some members won't join slack. If you have page on Bitcointalk use it, else you won't look professional.

I agree with you, I am the guy that do like to join in the slack or telegram since I do not like to waste a lot of time to see some spam talk, I just want to see some important messages, so I think it is better to post here.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

If you can't join slack try telegram channel. It's most effective for updates and for dev contact.

Telegram is much effective place to get updated on time there devs are very active there. I can say this this project have very friendly devs team all are very caring persons and trying to deliver something amazing in coming that is the reason why I'm still holding this token.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301

If you can't join slack try telegram channel. It's most effective for updates and for dev contact.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
I am not sure if this has been reported here but Bancor will be a part of another ICO in enjincoin see this excerpt from their WP:

Enjin® is introducing Enjin Coin (“ENJ”), a new cryptocurrency (ERC-20 Bancor Protocol
Token) and smart contract platform that gives game developers, content creators and
gaming communities the required crypto-backed value and tools for implementing and
managing virtual goods.

So, this is another positive step in the right direction. Lets keep the good stuff coming BNT
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
It doesn't work like that Smiley But this partnership will definietely bring more attention to Bancor Network, and more users will come. For now, it's still in alpha version so I don't think the price will suddenly spike up, but once the new smart tokens starts showing, and token changers working, I am sure it will affect the value on BNT in very positive way.

So when will be the beta version of the bancor network, I can not wait to see it, any latest news about the development? I can see the bancor cooperated with the kikico, another promising project.
Jump to: