Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 276. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 251
Its little too quiet here where are the devs should they be updating their investors on what is happening on the background been to slack and telegram same scenario, the price went up a little that is because it got pulled by BTC movement.
did you read few comment before this?

Devs discuss about marketing 2 day back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bancor/comments/6ou5eo/update_about_marketing_by_guy_benartzi_in_telegram/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Bancor

Last week they told about the token changer status.

From Guy @ Bancor in telegram:
Token changer BNTGNO
Code is done. Contract completed audit. We expect to get the green light from legal by end of the month and then deploy. At first it will be advanced (difficult) buying/selling like the BNT smart contract (myetherwallet and parity only) but we are now integrating Metamask and our own simple UX will be deployed likely in August for both BNT buying/selling as well as easy buy/sell of Token Changers (shapeshift style)

Do you want them to update daily?
That crazy, even other project didnt do like that.

And the devs teams is not in this bitcointalk. Their main communication channel is telegram,slack,blog

And if you really in telegram group, no its not inactive , you can shoot any question there and the teams will answer it for you, just dont expect daily update from the devs.

And the latest things happen is the stox ico that will be using bancor protocol will launch their ico on 2nd august.

*p/s : and what? Bnt price when up because btc when up? What the relation here?
Bnt using eth as a reserve. If bnt price going up its because people buying bnt from eth. Or the recent revelation of stox ico that using bancor protocol.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Its little too quiet here where are the devs should they be updating their investors on what is happening on the background been to slack and telegram same scenario, the price went up a little that is because it got pulled by BTC movement.

I also see them very active on other channels as I think next month will be more exciting token changer dapp will be active and all people can use this service on that platform. This is nice platform and in current situation it seems this will be great in future.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
Can somebody explain how the value of bancor will increase when these other projects use bancor as liquidity?  I mean, I kinda of have a general idea but I think I may be missing something.  If the purpose of bancor is to provide some stability to the markets, then how does that translate to an increase in value in the bancor token?  If price stability is the goal, then where does profit fit into that picture?
Bancor real goal is
continuous liquidity and asynchronous price discovery.

I didn't see anywhere in Whitepaper and faq yet regarding stability.
https://www.bancor.network/faq

And value of bancor will increase when other project use BNT as their reserve
Because the total supply of BNT will reflect the price of bnt in the smart token contract, the higher the token the higher the price.

And STOX ico will be the first smart token ico that using Bancor protocol and bnt as their reserve token.

https://www.stox.com
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
I see it keep advancing in slow motion to upwards after successfully making come back to ICO level's price. Both dumpers and weak hands are out so we can experience few more days little slow but steady increase and then some pump. It will be back up before too long. Hodling is only option to make some money with BNT.

Well now that Bancor already have their first smart token ICO

Its gonna be a huge project, and stox will be using Bancor platform with BNT as a reserve.
This will boost bncor price even more with the addition of the bnt in stox

Token Generation Event will be on 2/8/17 UTC 1400
https://twitter.com/stx_coin

I suspect that the Stox ICO is probably the reason of the price's recovery. People start to invest now thinking at the fact that Stox WILL HAVE to buy BNT to build its reserve and therefore BNT's price WILL HAVE to rise (BNT price rises everytime someone creates token for making a reserve) and so price is already rising. Just like Ether's price rose dramatically before Bancor's ICo because people needed Eth for buying BNT.
This being said, you can start to imagine what will happen with the price when many other coins will start to build their reserves with Bancor.  Smiley
And if you have just a bit more of imagination, you can also start to imagine what will happen with the price if all other other coins would start to build their reserves with Bancor, once it becomes the new standard of the industry.  Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Can somebody explain how the value of bancor will increase when these other projects use bancor as liquidity?  I mean, I kinda of have a general idea but I think I may be missing something.  If the purpose of bancor is to provide some stability to the markets, then how does that translate to an increase in value in the bancor token?  If price stability is the goal, then where does profit fit into that picture?

I think you should take time and read their whitepaper, I think Bancor will derived is value the way USD derived its value too since it is a reserve currency, the more project get listed on it the stronger it get
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I see it keep advancing in slow motion to upwards after successfully making come back to ICO level's price. Both dumpers and weak hands are out so we can experience few more days little slow but steady increase and then some pump. It will be back up before too long. Hodling is only option to make some money with BNT.

Its gonna be a huge project, and stox will be using Bancor platform with BNT as a reserve.

This project is in great demand because it uses social networking and is likely to be famous in the future because as we know around the world already many are using social media to interact on the internet and social networking to get consumers.

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Bancor also moved little bit upwards along with other markets. I think the trend will change sooner and in this hope I bought little more to reduce the price difference. It is hard to predict where the price will reach but it will be up again at ICO in near future this is my only predict and I am confident about this.

The price going up is inevitable it is just a matter of when, the main problem with this project started from the first day when the developers decided to change the terms of their ICO but with time things will change for better

Actually right now Bancor has already almost climbed back to ICO's price vs Ether. That's a very good sign.

It climbed all the back up and now it's at ICO....that's a better sign!  Now, hopefully, it will get back up to where I bought the bancor token.  I'm not going to sell back ---> it's just nice to know that breaking even is an option while I wait for my investment to explode straight up as anticipated, right?
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Bancor also moved little bit upwards along with other markets. I think the trend will change sooner and in this hope I bought little more to reduce the price difference. It is hard to predict where the price will reach but it will be up again at ICO in near future this is my only predict and I am confident about this.

The price going up is inevitable it is just a matter of when, the main problem with this project started from the first day when the developers decided to change the terms of their ICO but with time things will change for better

Actually right now Bancor has already almost climbed back to ICO's price vs Ether. That's a very good sign.

Bancor to the moon!
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

I agree with you even though the current price is lower than the ICO's. Bancor in near future will surely surpass .01 BTC level.
Activity: 476
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

agree. no one can predict how the market will move. but if you are really into a project and the developers are active then maybe we can expect some price increasing especially if they are announcing some improvements. so i suggest to really come and visit the thread of the coins you are holding. Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
Just look long term . . .  Wink
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

Activity: 854
Merit: 256
I cant withdrawl my bounty, now its more than 12 hours, messenger bot keeps saying "Failed to withdraw 1820 BNT, please try again".. Sent email to bounty manager, still waiting.

And about project, it will prevail in long term, i believe the team.

Edit: I am able to withdrawl now, my problem solved, thx team.

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bancor is cheaper than ICO

It has lost only 6%-8% value of its ICO price because it's value is fixed against Ethereum with calculation as 1 ETH= 100 BNT but it is Ethereum which is cheaper against fiat that's why the difference seems this deep. We need to wait for good times which will come soon.

Which of the bush calculation are you doing, so if Ethereum goes to $1 it and BNT is $0.009 will still be 10% drop in value. Some people converted their BTC and Fiat currency to Ethereum to invest in Bancor ICO because it is the only gateway to invest into the project. I for one is looking at the price from the BTC ICO from from which I joined the project which has dropped more than 45% in value
Jump to: