Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 275. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
The ICO's bounty program does not have its own thread. The hassle kc is still required by the messenger tpos redirect on the main site. I hope that there is a simpler way to mareach ung their site. Mejo lag kc sa cp ung nila app.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I was in China, none of the exchanges can get BANCOR Embarrassed Embarrassed
Idk. Bout this true or not. Someone said the http://binance.com
Chinese exchanges trading bancor now.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/zh-cn/articles/115000797711-Bancor-BNT-
yes, it was trading there
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
Idk. Bout this true or not. Someone said the http://binance.com
Chinese exchanges trading bancor now.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/zh-cn/articles/115000797711-Bancor-BNT-

They can just use the smart contract on the website

https://www.bancor.network/bnt

That the best thing bout this, everyone in the world can use it. No need to register or open any account.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
Maybe the team should contact with the Chinese exchanges to boost the price.

Still I think bancor tokens over priced.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
This project looking good. Hopefully The Stox ICO will boost Bancor price.
Hope the GNO-BNT token changer will be release soon.

Of course, this upcoming project on Bancor is going to bring the project back in light which will be actual kick off point in my opinion. I am following constantly the project and am very hopeful like you to see token changer coming out as planned. It should have impact on the value of BNT token too.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
It's time to buy some BNT before the first week of August! This week promises to be very busy and everything can happen, prices are nice, I didn't participate in the first rewards campaign because I underestimated Bancor, but this time I'll not be left out, does anyone know when it will start?

I think mid-August. You should join our Telegram group and ask this question. The team is very active and responsive there.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
It's time to buy some BNT before the first week of August! This week promises to be very busy and everything can happen, prices are nice, I didn't participate in the first rewards campaign because I underestimated Bancor, but this time I'll not be left out, does anyone know when it will start?
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Responding to SEC press release, Tim Draper (Bancor advisory board) sent an open letter

https://m.facebook.com/tim.draper/posts/10155685679894235

Open letter to the SEC.
Dear Commissioners:
Thank you for weighing in on the ICO market. I agree that some (light) regulation might be in order with regard to ICOs. But in the spirit of clarity, and encouraging innovation with this new vehicle that has so much potential, I recommend the following:
If the purpose of a token is for investment, it must register with the SEC.
If the purpose of a token is for societal transformation, and all proceeds go to the support and development of the token, it need not register.
If the purpose of a token is to raise money for a company, and the money is used to support the company, it must register with the SEC.
These clear definitions can help in two ways. They can make it clear that this is not a way for existing companies to raise money from the public without registering with the SEC, and it will allow the amazing innovations allowed by this new technology to flourish in our country unfettered. We will both protect the individual investor, and allow the U. S. to continue to lead as an innovator. I want the U.S. to be able to share in this bright future rather than giving all the benefits to countries like Switzerland, Singapore and Japan, who have taken leadership positions in the Crypto industry.
Any tokens issued before October 30, 2017 should be grandfathered in. In the land of opportunity, the innovators should be celebrated.
Please let me know if you think these guidelines make sense.
Best,

Tim Draper, Venture Capitalist

Great open letter from Tim Draper. Also some good publicity for Bancor :-)
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Good that Bancor team has responded to the SEC pronouncement, but I would have loved to see the statement from this ECB adviser that was added to their team late in the ICO, most developers have fallen victim of this and it is good this news come out early because for me ICO year will be 2018.
Activity: 156
This project looking good. Hopefully The Stox ICO will boost Bancor price.

Hope the GNO-BNT token changer will be release soon.
Responding to SEC press release, Tim Draper (Bancor advisory board) sent an open letter

Open letter to the SEC.
Dear Commissioners:
Thank you for weighing in on the ICO market. I agree that some (light) regulation might be in order with regard to ICOs. But in the spirit of clarity, and encouraging innovation with this new vehicle that has so much potential, I recommend the following:
If the purpose of a token is for investment, it must register with the SEC.
If the purpose of a token is for societal transformation, and all proceeds go to the support and development of the token, it need not register.
If the purpose of a token is to raise money for a company, and the money is used to support the company, it must register with the SEC.
These clear definitions can help in two ways. They can make it clear that this is not a way for existing companies to raise money from the public without registering with the SEC, and it will allow the amazing innovations allowed by this new technology to flourish in our country unfettered. We will both protect the individual investor, and allow the U. S. to continue to lead as an innovator. I want the U.S. to be able to share in this bright future rather than giving all the benefits to countries like Switzerland, Singapore and Japan, who have taken leadership positions in the Crypto industry.
Any tokens issued before October 30, 2017 should be grandfathered in. In the land of opportunity, the innovators should be celebrated.
Please let me know if you think these guidelines make sense.
Best,

Tim Draper, Venture Capitalist

Activity: 401
Merit: 104
The new Stox Token Sale: Pricing, Terms, Rewards
https://steemit.com/ico/@stx/stox-token-sale-pricing-terms-rewards

Have been released.
I cannot wait to see the effect of the first ICO that use the Bancor protocol smart token towards the
BNT price.
Hopefully it will soar up later on. Grin

Yes, I think this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
And not only with Stox, by the way Wink
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
I think with the advent of more smart tokens ICO's, Bancor's capitalization can go into growth.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Finally we are starting to see good news and updates from telegram channels. Once we see the start of BNTGNO being deployed and start usage of it we are going to see the price much more above than ICO in fiat. This is standard to see the value of any project in crypto. I am glad that I stayed strongly with my tokens bought very cheaper in last few days.
The new Stox Token Sale: Pricing, Terms, Rewards
https://steemit.com/ico/@stx/stox-token-sale-pricing-terms-rewards

Have been released.
I cannot wait to see the effect of the first ICO that use the Bancor protocol smart token towards the
BNT price.
Hopefully it will soar up later on. Grin
om9
Activity: 252
it is nice project , must have good team work
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
It is quite sad to see how many people are intervening in the thread asking again and again thee same questions which often have been answered just a few posts earlier. I'd recommend people to read AT LEAST one page of thread back before polluting a thread with the same things again and again, waisting the time of the people who are really following the thread.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
for lazy ppl some marketing updates https://www.reddit.com/r/Bancor/comments/6ou5eo/update_about_marketing_by_guy_benartzi_in_telegram/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Bancor

Guy @ Bancor

First let me give you my general philosophy on marketing consumer internet products.

You never saw ads for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc.

The reason is that all growth for consumer internet apps always comes bottom up.

Everyone that tried to market by force a consumer internet app always failed 100% of the time.

Having said that we can divide our project in to a few verticals:

1) Token changers : once deployed, these should be marketed to the crypto community as its more comparable to a B2B product. It saves you money. Once deployed we will run an aggressive marketing campaign later this Summer.

2) End user long tail : Schedule for end of year. This is where marketing is less effective. Instead, what we will focus on is finding the relevant launch partners and early adopters who will be initiating their local tokens. We will support them with capital and HR resources.

Like blogs, subreddits, etc... The funnel to growth is from regular users experiencing the product themselves and then a percentage of them become superusers. For example, no one woke up in the morning and decided to become a blogger. Instead, they started our reading a blog... And then thought to themselves, "I can do this too", " I have an idea".

Our focus with the long tail is tuning the product to be organically viral.

3) Project Tokens(such as Stox). This isnt really marketing. Its biz dev. And we are doing it aggressively. We currently have over a dozen active discussions with upcoming high profile ICOs. I believe we'll see at least a dozen ICOs using the Smart token standard this year and 100+ next year.

4) High profile wins : We are in discussions with a number of major platforms (with millions of users, in one case tens of millions) to initiate platform level partnerships. This is in a way a combination of #2 and #3 via a 3rd party platform.

5) Index funds :Discussions have started with various financial institutions around launching token baskets. We are focusing on both crypto businesses as well as non crypto mainstream financial entities considering asset tokenization.

Finally, let me say that while we of course only want to see the price go up, please understand that the team doesn't day trade, and like any 'public' company we can't be reactive to the 'stock' price on this or that day.

We recognize there was a lot of flippers early on. We also recognize that Bancor is not a trivial concept to communicate.

Our efforts beyond the above are focused on a few things whose fruit isnt picked overnight but requires a few months:

A. Redoing our messaging to more cleaely explain Bancor and the concept of the automated market maker

B. Relaunching Bounty programs: they were wildly successful and gives everyone of our supporters a tangible way to help the efforts. These will launch around the first week of August

C. Growing the team. This is key. We were 15 by the time of the ICO. We have growth target of 40 by end of year and 100 by end of 2018. We will be opening offices in Tokyo and Shanghai in early 2018. All these actions take time... and from experience I can tell you growing a team from 15 to 100 is a very dangerous process. Maintaining the amazing company culture we have today as we scale is critical and this is probably the single biggest risk factor we now face.
Jump to: