Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 312. (Read 375744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
It is best time to buy because whales are playing successfully to push the little investors and weak hands out with final shaking out method which has been used over and over again, even I didn't think this will happen this quickly. It is not new when some market reacted quite opposite to everyone's expectations at starting days. It will bounce back in near future.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
We have a platform where you can create your own coin, in fact, several.We have a token in Ethereum that can relate in price to erc20 coins so why bother with Bancor.In fact, I see nothing in there road map that says new technology
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
CURRENT PRICE
0.010427 ETH
$3.3621
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
What was the ICO price?
It depends on when you get into the ICO, the price of Ether was between the range of $380-$425 on the ICO date, and 1 Ether = 100BNT.
Activity: 784
Merit: 425
I'm constantly getting this error. I can not log in to the app." There was an internal error, please try again!"
Activity: 770
What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...

What is the problem Bancor is solving?

The Bancor protocol represents the first technological solution for the classic problem in economics known as the “Double Coincidence of Wants Problem,” in the domain of asset exchange.

For barter, the coincidence of wants problem was solved through money, allowing people to transact asynchronously, over time and space. For money, the existing exchange model relies on the labor of market makers providing liquidity, as represented by an order book which creates market depth. This requirement for labor creates a barrier-to-liquidity, meaning that some threshold of trade activity level is required in order to retain high liquidity at the market price. This barrier-to-liquidity particularly affects small cap, custom, lightly traded currencies, such as community currencies or small business loyalty points, as examples.

The Bancor protocol proposes a new solution that removes the barrier-to-liquidity by employing an asynchronous price-discovery model enabled by asset-holding smart tokens. Smart tokens are always purchasable and sellable for the token(s) they hold in reserve. The continuous liquidity of smart tokens removes the barrier-to-liquidity and enables the emergence of the long tail of user-generated currencies. This could lead to a democratization of value creation, similarly to how blogs democratized publishing and YouTube democratized broadcasting.

Beyond enabling the long tail of cryptocurrencies, the Bancor protocol mechanism of intrinsic reserve currencies coupled with the ability of the smart contract to issue and liquidate smart tokens, also holds profound implications in use cases where the goal is not to create new credit (as is the case with most new cryptocurrencies) but rather to enable the exchange of existing currencies without a counterparty or orderbook (see “Token Changers”) or to enable the direct ownership of currency baskets, or index funds, without counterparty risk (see “Decentralized ETFs”).

Source: https://www.bancor.network/faq/general

Thanks for the info, but all I see is big words or theories... in the FAQ it also says that What is Bancor?

"The Bancor protocol enables anyone to create a new type of cryptocurrency called a smart token, which can hold (and trade) other cryptocurrencies"  Really???  Like thanks to Bancor we will get another 500 new coins?! oh wow, thanks alot Bancor! Now just how do we find buyers and demand for each and every one of those new coins?

My questions is, does Bancor still relies on ETH to create those new tokens? or is everything still based on ETH??  If Bancor can create its own tokens and be competitor to ETH then I can see the purpose, but if it relies on Ether then why even bother?
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...

What is the problem Bancor is solving?

The Bancor protocol represents the first technological solution for the classic problem in economics known as the “Double Coincidence of Wants Problem,” in the domain of asset exchange.

For barter, the coincidence of wants problem was solved through money, allowing people to transact asynchronously, over time and space. For money, the existing exchange model relies on the labor of market makers providing liquidity, as represented by an order book which creates market depth. This requirement for labor creates a barrier-to-liquidity, meaning that some threshold of trade activity level is required in order to retain high liquidity at the market price. This barrier-to-liquidity particularly affects small cap, custom, lightly traded currencies, such as community currencies or small business loyalty points, as examples.

The Bancor protocol proposes a new solution that removes the barrier-to-liquidity by employing an asynchronous price-discovery model enabled by asset-holding smart tokens. Smart tokens are always purchasable and sellable for the token(s) they hold in reserve. The continuous liquidity of smart tokens removes the barrier-to-liquidity and enables the emergence of the long tail of user-generated currencies. This could lead to a democratization of value creation, similarly to how blogs democratized publishing and YouTube democratized broadcasting.

Beyond enabling the long tail of cryptocurrencies, the Bancor protocol mechanism of intrinsic reserve currencies coupled with the ability of the smart contract to issue and liquidate smart tokens, also holds profound implications in use cases where the goal is not to create new credit (as is the case with most new cryptocurrencies) but rather to enable the exchange of existing currencies without a counterparty or orderbook (see “Token Changers”) or to enable the direct ownership of currency baskets, or index funds, without counterparty risk (see “Decentralized ETFs”).

Source: https://www.bancor.network/faq/general
What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Actually think there has not been an ICO that if you had held on to your eth and bought later that you would not have been better of
Right.  Because the USD value increased for ETH many times.  This is how you benchmark performance of a coin.  Vs FIAT or in this case USD.

But most ICO still did better initial ICO investment in USD.  Just not ETH good.

Right now BNT is negative return in USD.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Actually think there has not been an ICO that if you had held on to your eth and bought later that you would not have been better of
At the current price of 0.010463 ETH and a total supply of 79.719M BNT tokens... more or less 11 468 986 BNT tokens need to be sold to push the price below 0.01 ETH per unit.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
Pretty funny part is that right now with price being lower than ICO, you can spend less USD and gotten more out of than the ICO and skip all the craziness.   Undecided

Yep, that's what I did. I started from fiat, so regardless of whether it hit ICO price in ETH, for me it worked out cheaper.
I haven't seen BNT the price drop below 0.01 ETH ... is it even possible ?

Sell pressure very strong and there are no BNT updates for now, I guess at least 2 months nothing will happen, so price will drop maybe to 0.005eth...

The market price can only start to drop below 0.01 ETH once BNT worth a 120K ETH is offloaded.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
What was the ICO price?

0.01 ETH per BNT or 100 BNT for 1 ETH.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
What was the ICO price?
Pretty funny part is that right now with price being lower than ICO, you can spend less USD and gotten more out of than the ICO and skip all the craziness.   Undecided
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Trustee Wallet Signature Bounty

I have BNCZUK token from Social bounty, but BNCZUK is not BNT (Bancor) , it's like pre-token, which must be exchange to BNT - it's MAIN question.

When the bounty participiants can exchange this pre token to BNT token? If it can be done, so how?

No exchange to BNT
No withdrawl

Thanks

I think the bounty tokens will be exchangeable from next week onwards (someone posted that on the bounty portal).

Where is the bounty portal? You mean https://app.bancor.network/communities/59072b3b73f6660001aa8e91/about ?
Jump to: