Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 320. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
TOTAL SUPPLY
81.862M  Cheesy

With each purchase through smart contract , new bnt will be created (bnt is unlimited) . Hence the supply increase , and this increase the value too

Won't this constantly dilute the value of existing tokens? Why should anyone hold then?
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
Why can not I get tokens yet?
Just a question : how many of you did really understand how bancor works?
How many really understand the difference between trade bancor over an exchange (where price is made by humans) or directly from the bancor contract address (where price is made by the algorithm).

A lot of confusion here  Roll Eyes

I'll be honest. I had no idea how bancor trade works directly over contract address but I googled and read the official blog to learn all about it.

It's a fascinating concept to use smart contracts for trading but what determines the price they are exchanging tokens at?

"USING THIS CONTRACT WILL PURCHASE BNT AT THE PRICE EFFECTIVE WHEN THE TRANSACTION IS PROCESSED. THERE IS NO WAY TO LIMIT THE PRICE."

This is very ambiguous to say the least. I'd rather trust an exchange where humans trade rather than an algorithm deciding the price for me especially when there is no way to know beforehand the rate I'll get.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Hi manager how can i get bounty on social media if its not allowed to sign in on the site. Regards
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040
Just a question : how many of you did really understand how bancor works?
How many really understand the difference between trade bancor over an exchange (where price is made by humans) or directly from the bancor contract address (where price is made by the algorithm).

A lot of confusion here  Roll Eyes
Did the price crash or this is how it started trading? The graph at Bittrex looks weird. It's almost as if the roof collapsed on this coin.

It is the prices of HitBTC's IOUs that give a skew picture. Wink

Hmm that makes sense but it's still trading at a premium to the ICO price. Wonder if it's gonna go below that. Wishful thinking ha ha Cheesy

Lol. The price wont go down below 0.01eth. Not now. Period.

Bancor allocated around 120k eth as a buy back wall at ico price 0.01eth.
It wont go down below 0.01eth

https://blog.bancor.network/the-community-of-the-currency-9770087fde17

'we have decided to allocate any proceeds collected in the minimum hour which exceed the hidden cap as follows:
20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.

80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms.

Well where is this buy wall? Any whale can go to an exchange right now and eat up the entire order book and the price will collapse to zero.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
Did the price crash or this is how it started trading? The graph at Bittrex looks weird. It's almost as if the roof collapsed on this coin.

Hmm that makes sense but it's still trading at a premium to the ICO price. Wonder if it's gonna go below that. Wishful thinking ha ha Cheesy

'we have decided to allocate any proceeds collected in the minimum hour which exceed the hidden cap as follows:
20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.

80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms.

Are there any whales that wish to go against this wall?  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 251

TOTAL SUPPLY
81.862M  Cheesy

With each purchase through smart contract , new bnt will be created (bnt is unlimited) . Hence the supply increase , and this increase the value too
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
I think the devs should also publish a little guide for all inverstors (I am one of them) who followed their instruction but didn't manage to buy and now have the problem to get back their ETHs from the contract they sent it to. I have no clue, nor probably the others have either.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Can somebody help me out here?

So....trying to figure this out....I read the white paper, watched the videos, perused this thread, bought around 20 bucks worth on trex, and now I'm trying to figure out why I need this token.  Isn't the whole bancor concept a price stabilizing mechanism?  I think I just bought two dollar tokens for four bucks a piece....Is there a reason to hold this token?  Is anything from the bancor arbitrage formula actually going back into the contract to increase the tokens value, or is its value going to be tied to the value of the other tokens forever?

I follow a hold and see strategy!  Grin

Activity: 1736
Merit: 254
Activity: 918
Merit: 1001
What is the real utility of Bancor? What does it offer to the real world? A mathematical way of trading?
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Looking very good at current price 0.00164 at Bittrex within few hours. After next 24 hours once some people will be out with profit and new buyers will show themselves in this project we will see a good stable price. In short time I see it reaching at 0.005 BTC and that's why I will not sell under this at no cost.
Jump to: