Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 333. (Read 375744 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 251
How does the activation affect us anyway? It will allow trading against ETH at a fixed rate of 100:1, guaranteeing a price floor, but other than that - not much if I understand correctly.

Where did you read fix rate?

I think it can go up, but hard to go down?

exactly for 2 years they guaranteeing a price floor of 1 BNT = 0.01 ETH. but it depends were you want to sell... by smart contracts or on exchanges. the price will be higher because will be big demand and use.... but can go down aswell if some bugs or issues appears.
check https://blog.bancor.network/
Woo. They have a limited fund (120k eth) for the buy back at 0.01 when its available. Not for fully 2 years.

When the fund run out, it can go down below ico within the 2 year period.
How does the activation affect us anyway? It will allow trading against ETH at a fixed rate of 100:1, guaranteeing a price floor, but other than that - not much if I understand correctly.
No the smart contract price will not be fixed at 0.01 eth. That absurd.
The price will go up and down according to the number of token produce and destroyed, along with the influences of arbitrage balancing price from the exchanges;
Activity: 854
Merit: 501

exactly for 2 years they guaranteeing a price floor of 1 BNT = 0.01 ETH. but it depends were you want to sell... by smart contracts or on exchanges. the price will be higher because will be big demand and use.... but can go down aswell if some bugs or issues appears.
check https://blog.bancor.network/
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX

Activity: 210
don't be stupid. not accurate at all.

Who exactly claimed it is an accurate price? Don't be an asshole on the back of your own assumptions. We're happy because it got listed.

It's not really listed is it? Only on HitBTC

It's IOU token even this token is listed on Bittrex and Liqui but they are waiting to hear from the team for activation of this token. I hope it will be over $10 when this market will open these exchanges.

Is it true that there is a big chance the whales will dump their tokens for max profit? That will make sure the IOU price will take a hit
Because of how bancor works any one dumping lots of tokens is going to lose money hand over fist. IMO alot of prople couldnt get in and and will purchasde new tokens from the reserve fund/exchanges. How ever lots of ppl will trade on the exchanges and not within bancor itself so we could so some nice arbitrage opps.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 616
Merit: 252

Who exactly claimed it is an accurate price? Don't be an asshole on the back of your own assumptions. We're happy because it got listed.

It's IOU token even this token is listed on Bittrex and Liqui but they are waiting to hear from the team for activation of this token. I hope it will be over $10 when this market will open these exchanges.

Is it true that there is a big chance the whales will dump their tokens for max profit? That will make sure the IOU price will take a hit
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

Activity: 672
Merit: 274
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 342
Pretty nice they dont release the tokens if everything is not ready.
It's better things go smoothly  Grin
By the devs in telegram,
For those whose frustrated.

Some background for those who want more info... We run extensive tests to identify systemic flaws, including various issues from front-running to other mechanisms that can be used in an attempt to manipulate the price of the smart token. Over the past weekend, together with our auditors we managed to find a very rare edge case in which under certain circumstances a trader could in theory exploit the formula. There are a number of band-aid solutions that would allow us to release today (from limiting transaction size to adding a very small fee to make the exploit unprofitable), however, we prefer to solve the issue at its source. We actually deployed a fix last night that seems to work, however given the scale of this project and the expectations we all have of the Bancor protocol, we want to re-run all our tests. This shouldn't take long, but better to be safe than sorry.

I am glad they're looking out for our interests. It is better to be late than to come out guns blazing and get shot in the face.
Judgment day. Lets see how the pricing works. Alot of people couldnt get in. It will cost dumpers dearly. This is going to be interesting.

Judgement week :-)
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Bancor would be huge, guys!
By the devs in telegram,
For those whose frustrated.

Some background for those who want more info... We run extensive tests to identify systemic flaws, including various issues from front-running to other mechanisms that can be used in an attempt to manipulate the price of the smart token. Over the past weekend, together with our auditors we managed to find a very rare edge case in which under certain circumstances a trader could in theory exploit the formula. There are a number of band-aid solutions that would allow us to release today (from limiting transaction size to adding a very small fee to make the exploit unprofitable), however, we prefer to solve the issue at its source. We actually deployed a fix last night that seems to work, however given the scale of this project and the expectations we all have of the Bancor protocol, we want to re-run all our tests. This shouldn't take long, but better to be safe than sorry.
Activity: 210
Judgment day. Lets see how the pricing works. Alot of people couldnt get in. It will cost dumpers dearly. This is going to be interesting.

We are happy that it got listed at CoinMarketCap. That was the point. We were not claiming that it is an accurate price or anything along those lines.

Alright, I agree!

We are happy that it got listed at CoinMarketCap. That was the point. We were not claiming that it is an accurate price or anything along those lines.
Jump to: