Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform - page 36. (Read 29547 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

just like that, good summary, used to the point.
I don't see the point of buying data of another people by people and not by companies.
Activity: 532
Merit: 50
ONe Social Network.
"The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project."

As I read it, some tokens will be added to a pool which will be distributed to users who download the app. So, since it's basically an airdrop, I don't think that new users will receive a lot of tokens, it's just an incentive, a marketing move if you prefer. It won't affect investors in my opinion.
Biotron.io, correct me if I'm wrong
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
burning the unsold token can protect the interests of investors.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

I would also prefer burning unsold tokens.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
Activity: 238
Merit: 131
You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

just like that, good summary, used to the point.
Activity: 490
Merit: 104

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Merit: 131
yes, the cleaned data and remove the personal privacy information would be a good idea.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100

I think it's right. The user's data needs to be cleaned. remove the personal privacy information. The data is analyzed and formatted. Then the data is more valuable.
Activity: 252

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

So, lets say, a company wants to buy an analyzed data set from Biotron for $20.000. Does this mean they have to go to a marketplace, buy ETH worth $20.000, transfer that ETH to an exchange where Biotron tokens are listed, buy BTRN tokens and pay Biotron then with these tokens? Sounds pretty complicated tbh.

But isnt this the thing with every crypto project? Dont know any other project where you could by tokens/coins with fiat currency

like i said before, this would ufk up the idealogy of an investors token totally.
Merit: 0

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?

No, obviously only payments with Biotron tokens are possible. That's from their white paper: 'BTRN is a utility token that enables the trade of data between data providers and consumers. It is the only option for data consumers to pay for access to data and the only method by with they can compensate
their providers.'

So, lets say, a company wants to buy an analyzed data set from Biotron for $20.000. Does this mean they have to go to a marketplace, buy ETH worth $20.000, transfer that ETH to an exchange where Biotron tokens are listed, buy BTRN tokens and pay Biotron then with these tokens? Sounds pretty complicated tbh.

But isnt this the thing with every crypto project? Dont know any other project where you could by tokens/coins with fiat currency

If we can use the platform with any coins, fiat for example, then what is the point to create the token? That is the rough thinking that I can get till now.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1

their providers.'

Activity: 252

their providers.'

maybe they will have an option on their website to be able to buy those tokens directly, but on the other hand it would fuk up the idea of having them on an exchange to push the price Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 12

their providers.'

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

their providers.'

I agree, it is logical to pay for the provided data only with the BTRN token. Thank you for showing this into white paper.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

Using only biotron token will be the best solution I guess. Beside the platform get profit it can help the token to get some volume from the trade those companies made.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

their providers.'
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem
Activity: 546
Merit: 12

Activity: 210

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Free users probably can only obtain a small amount of tokens. Biotron is using this like additional source of marketing
Pages:
Jump to: