Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Biotron.io Announcement - Transparent personal data analytics platform - page 35. (Read 29547 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have a question for devs. Biotron will sell the data to any buyer? Will they check the buyer and the purpose of using the data?
I ask this question because maybe there will be the possibility of sharing personal data to some people, who can bring about the assassination or harm the life of some people ,or maybe they will get some hands not good.
I think you will never know what happens with your data if you sell them to a company.
So you should only sell data which you really want to make public.

Additionally, I think with Biotron platform, users wil get to chose whatever data will be accessible to them via the platform.
I hope that there will be very fine adjustable possibilities to choose what data we will sell and what not.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
I guess this ICO will be a litmus test on the investors sentiment towards a legit and viable project while under a bearish period.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
I have a question for devs. Biotron will sell the data to any buyer? Will they check the buyer and the purpose of using the data?
I ask this question because maybe there will be the possibility of sharing personal data to some people, who can bring about the assassination or harm the life of some people ,or maybe they will get some hands not good.
I think you will never know what happens with your data if you sell them to a company.

Additionally, I think with Biotron platform, users wil get to chose whatever data will be accessible to them via the platform.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
The token sale will start soon. I’m impatiet to see how much biotron will raise, I think some people are interested by the project, especially in this period with all these private data, I think biotron can have a nice sucess.

On the one hand it is a terrible time for ICOs. Cryptocurrencies in general are getting FUD multiple times on a daily basis. On the other hand the Facebook controversy could point some attention to Biotron, although there are also some similar questions to be raised about how to prevent personal data from being used unethically.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
The token sale will start soon. I’m impatiet to see how much biotron will raise, I think some people are interested by the project, especially in this period with all these private data, I think biotron can have a nice sucess.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115

Interesting point. Even if personal data is anonymized, it has the capability of being abused. In recent history, look at Facebook / Cambridge Analytica, or in less recent history, well, I will go no further than the word eugenics to avoid Godwin's law. Besides anonymized data can potentially be deanonymized. For example, even though you can remove a name from a data set, a person can be identified by their location and car brand.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?
I think it is logical that they should pay in Biotron tokens, thereby stimulating sales on exchanges and increasing interest in the coin.

Exactly, serving as payment method for data trades is the only purpose of Biotron tokens and it makes sense to exclude other currencies forcing customers to buy the tokens and thus increasing demand.
I can't imagine this working other way. It has to work with Biotron tokens this is why the were created.
Activity: 434
You also get paid by selling your data with their tokens. I guess also to buy the data is the same story?

Why would an individual buy somebody's data? I think it works only one way, you sell your data, Bitron will collect it, analyze and sell it further to interested companies so they could use this analysis in order to improve their digital marketing campaigns.

I don't think there would be some obstacle for individuals to buy data but as you stated it would be meaningless and not expecting any individual go for it.

But if a company is interested in buying data from Biotron, will they be able to pay in fiat or do they have to pay Biotron tokens for the data?
I think it is logical that they should pay in Biotron tokens, thereby stimulating sales on exchanges and increasing interest in the coin.

Exactly, serving as payment method for data trades is the only purpose of Biotron tokens and it makes sense to exclude other currencies forcing customers to buy the tokens and thus increasing demand.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family

I am not sure that is very smart, as most ICO's accept ETH as payment, the projects tend to sell the invested ETH to fund their project, resulting in a constant pressure in sale orders
Activity: 434

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
burning the unsold token can protect the interests of investors.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

I would also prefer burning unsold tokens.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...

interest me the fact of burn 80% of the not sold tokens, is a great form to your appreciation, and a great propose to your investors. fast appreciation and continuos ascencion
Literally, burning tokens means good growth for the remaining ones. But in the unstable market it may mean something different, so you gotta think twice or three times now before doing that.
Activity: 168
Merit: 4

Activity: 686

Biotron's CEO reveals their roadmap for 2018. Initial Token Event starts in 6 days - register at www.biotron.io.

Can you tell us why youre not burning the not sold token? Its normally a better idea so you can raise the value of it.
The unsold tokens will be added to the user acquisition pool, which will be distributed among our app users to give further incentive to be a part of our project.

If you can be an application user and get tokens for free, then what profit will investors get if they buy tokens? What is the point of buying tokens?

This rule is unfair to investors.  I think the reward token should be the part of the original marketing plan.
Completely agree, unsold tokens can greatly reduce the price of the token. It would be fair to burn them, or divide them among investors. I hope the project team will be able to reconsider its decision.

But even if you will do like this just make a ratio of it. Like %80 of the unsold tokens will be burned %20 will distribute among app users. It would be a good solutiıon for everybody.
in fact i also believe that it would be better to burn any unsold tokens and not distribute them as an incentive to the app users this will almost certainly lower the price of the token when they will be listed on some exchanges...

interest me the fact of burn 80% of the not sold tokens, is a great form to your appreciation, and a great propose to your investors. fast appreciation and continuos ascencion
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
welcome to my world

We have made our statement on the user acquisition pool, in this post here. Please have a look.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605

Activity: 406
Merit: 107
Have you seen facebook stealing personal since many years? We knew that (that's why I'm not on Facebook), at least there's an opportunity to monetize that data

Yes, I don't get it why everyone is so outraged about Facebook right now.

If you are suprised that Facebook sells your data then you are the reason why packets of peanuts have 'may contain nuts' written on them
All outraged by the fact that at any time Facebook administration can transfer your data to a third party, without your knowledge!

You are uploading all of your personal data voluntarily to a surveillance comp ... hmmm I mean social media company. What did you expect?
I want that would my personal data about place of residence and the rest not been inherited third party) and so lack any sign surveillance and here still and transfer of information)) that is why I not trust all social networks)
Activity: 349
Merit: 12
Activity: 518
Merit: 101

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem

When I say 'raw data' I meant the data that has to be analyzed would be better if it isn't a form filled out by people through questionnaires. Instead, it would be more profitable if the metadata from a user behavior is allowed to be recorded and compiled with explicit consent, of course. In the larger scheme of things, it is better to have the metadata because it reduces the risk of contamination/
This data analysis will be carried out by human or computer with a specified algorithm? in case this is human, there will always be probability of error, and for a computer it will be necessary to create many software nuances.
Activity: 532
Merit: 50
ONe Social Network.
If someone want to buy my data I call it mental or a stalker, I can see mainly two uses for personal data, marketing purpose and medical (research)
Activity: 210

Most businesses prefer raw data from people who are not necessarily filling out forms for the purpose of data analytics. Biotron will have ensure that to profitable in this business. The scandal over Cambridge Analytica and Facebook is for all to see.
Today's computers have so much power that working on huge chunks of raw data is not a problem

When I say 'raw data' I meant the data that has to be analyzed would be better if it isn't a form filled out by people through questionnaires. Instead, it would be more profitable if the metadata from a user behavior is allowed to be recorded and compiled with explicit consent, of course. In the larger scheme of things, it is better to have the metadata because it reduces the risk of contamination/
Pages:
Jump to: