Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 120. (Read 276084 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Is there a splitblock feature, similar to what HyperStake has (split 1 block into X amount of blocks) ?

It sucks if you have to split up a bunch of coins (1 milion or so ) into 10k coin blocks one at a time.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500

Sorry, what does it mean regarding the desktop wallet???

Do we need to upgrade or do something special?Huh

Also, please, what is the link for the support chat???

thanks for your answers
Activity: 61
Merit: 0

Yes, this is the address, I read somewhere large amounts don't sprout well, and somewhere else a suggestion of between 1000 and 10000.
Really being new I was taking a guess to get started and now have lost a heap of coins :-(

This is the address with the original coins https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY.htm
I was trying to set them up neatly in the other address.

The balance of the wallet now shows 179414.86463504

Is your sync process complete? Restart the wallet. No solution? Then backup/copy your wallet.dat file in the path
C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Roaming\bitbean
to a other folder or data medium and delete all files and dirs in this folder  except:
BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Start the wallet and sync  Smiley

with ~200k I would split the Balance in 20-50k packages. But with 200k it is overpace to split the balance  Wink in two or three days you have automaticaly a size of ~25k - ~50k packages

Appendix:
You send the beans from a Exchange (2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY) to your wallet? Which Exchange and have you confirmed all withdrawal-Mails? If your Transfer the coins from one adress into another adress in your own wallet to fast I belive you send the same coins without a confirmation multiple times, restart or resync helps. (double spending)

Yes exchange to wallet, Cryptopia. Email was confirmed and balance seen in wallet confirmed.
I think after waiting a couple of days to get wallet synced first time I was too keen and a little too fast about things.
Wallet restart did not work but re-sync did. Fortunately, this time thanks to Kiklo updating the snapshot it was really quick :-) Thanks Kiklo for saving some grief here! :-)
The wallet now shows the right balance - I have gained 3 conflicted transactions in this learning process.

Thanks Membercount+1 for assisting me here :-)

I am not understanding the automatic part but I guess that will come in time.

T.

If you need further assistance, or want to chat in real-time with other Beaners, visit our new Public Chat/Collaboration facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org  (Unlike Slack, No Invite is needed, your already invited!  Cheesy )

Welcome to Team Bean!

Cool, seems like a great, well-developed community you have here  Smiley
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"

Yes, this is the address, I read somewhere large amounts don't sprout well, and somewhere else a suggestion of between 1000 and 10000.
Really being new I was taking a guess to get started and now have lost a heap of coins :-(

This is the address with the original coins https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY.htm

Is your sync process complete? Restart the wallet. No solution? Then backup/copy your wallet.dat file in the path
to a other folder or data medium and delete all files and dirs in this folder  except:
BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

with ~200k I would split the Balance in 20-50k packages. But with 200k it is overpace to split the balance  Wink in two or three days you have automaticaly a size of ~25k - ~50k packages

Appendix:
You send the beans from a Exchange (2EbbxW49oP4LvTrnCSR161AZeMx53oG3bY) to your wallet? Which Exchange and have you confirmed all withdrawal-Mails? If your Transfer the coins from one adress into another adress in your own wallet to fast I belive you send the same coins without a confirmation multiple times, restart or resync helps. (double spending)

Yes exchange to wallet, Cryptopia. Email was confirmed and balance seen in wallet confirmed.
I think after waiting a couple of days to get wallet synced first time I was too keen and a little too fast about things.
Wallet restart did not work but re-sync did. Fortunately, this time thanks to Kiklo updating the snapshot it was really quick :-) Thanks Kiklo for saving some grief here! :-)
The wallet now shows the right balance - I have gained 3 conflicted transactions in this learning process.

T.

If you need further assistance, or want to chat in real-time with other Beaners, visit our new Public Chat/Collaboration facility:  http://teamchat.bitbean.org  (Unlike Slack, No Invite is needed, your already invited!  Cheesy )

Welcome to Team Bean!
Hi , What is the recommended size per block to stake properly?
Thanks Smiley
Start with 1/10 "blocksize" of your balance (on same adress), should be ok. Over the time it goes to a size of 1000. there is no optimal blocksize for a start like noblecoins or netcoin, our algo is better. I test these coins months ago for a "long" time and the winner is BitBean  Wink  fair algo, great stake rewards, many nodes, fast network and a minimum of cpu utilization. this are only the technical benefits  Grin

you can stake with a size of 1BitB but it takes a long time but is it not impossible. search in the blockexplorers  Cool

And let's not forget another benefit of BitBean is it's great community, "Team Bean"  Wink

Very encouraging to read today's posts and see the community working together and helping out new Beaners!!

This is appreciated, as Bean Core is busy working on developments  to improve performance and usability for Bitbean!

Thanks Team Bean!
Thanks Smiley
Start with 1/10 "blocksize" of your balance (on same adress), should be ok. Over the time it goes to a size of 1000. there is no optimal blocksize for a start like noblecoins or netcoin, our algo is better. I test these coins months ago for a "long" time and the winner is BitBean  Wink  fair algo, great stake rewards, many nodes, fast network and a minimum of cpu utilization. this are only the technical benefits  Grin

you can stake with a size of 1BitB but it takes a long time but is it not impossible. search in the blockexplorers  Cool

Just a minor point of clarification. You must have at least 1,000 BitBeans in a block for it to be eligible to SPROUT.

We have some Team Bean members with less than 100k Bitbeans that are getting sometimes one or two SPROUTs per week. Small wallets do contribute to the network and can SPROUT! Smiley

BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Appendix:

T.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

BitBean64-qt.exe
peers.dat
bitbean.conf
wallet.dat

Appendix:
Hi,
I bought some BitBeans to start my wallet off and was breaking them down to blocks of 5000.
All of a sudden the makeup of the coin control tree changed dramatically and I have lost about half my value!
There are no blocks of 5000 showing at all.

Where would the coins have gone? How can I recover? What could I have done wrong to cause this to happen?

T.
What is your adress? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2KgmXY3X9zCW6D6Bv6QJxYQMFD7gXHigWQ.htm ?  By the way, 5000 is to small for a good start in my opinion.

T.

T
Hi,
I bought some BitBeans to start my wallet off and was breaking them down to blocks of 5000.
All of a sudden the makeup of the coin control tree changed dramatically and I have lost about half my value!

Where would the coins have gone? How can I recover? What could I have done wrong to cause this to happen?

T.
What is your adress? https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bitb/address.dws?2KgmXY3X9zCW6D6Bv6QJxYQMFD7gXHigWQ.htm ?  By the way, 5000 is to small for a good start in my opinion.

T.
Hi, BitBean looks interesting so I thought I would give it a try but I am amazed ho long it is taking the wallet to sync up.

I aborted yesterday in favour of using a snapshot, speaking of which I would have liked to seen one published on the main website but could not fins. But to my surprise, I am still again waiting this morning  a good 12 hours later and at this rate maybe the day to go.

I am on a 100Mb/s connection and wonder about the user friendliness of this for new people starting. Is there an easier way I missed?

Just my 2 bits worth, cheers.

T

Did you use a Snapshot or did you use a Bootstrap.dat file?
Snapshot should have been synced in ~2 or 3 hours max.
Bootstrap.dat can take ~24 hours.

Do you have any Active Connections?
(Click Help and Debug Windows to see # of connections)

I am updating the snapshot to today's date and will post when it is ready.

Cool

Hi Kiklo

It was snapshot I used and plenty of active connections, 24 at the moment.
It did eventually get there late this afternoon my time.

T.
Hi,

T.
Hi,

T.
Thanks Smiley

Activity: 48
Thanks Smiley

Hi Babidi,

It has too many variables and at some time a certain block size could be more effective than other but not always, what's recommended is to have less than 100k per block, a low latency internet connection and a lot of BitBeans as much as you can get Smiley. With 2M you can get 1 or 2 Sprouts (1 Sprout=1000 BITB) per day .

Thanks for the information i appreciate it  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Hi, BitBean looks interesting so I thought I would give it a try but I am amazed ho long it is taking the wallet to sync up.

I aborted yesterday in favour of using a snapshot, speaking of which I would have liked to seen one published on the main website but could not fins. But to my surprise, I am still again waiting this morning  a good 12 hours later and at this rate maybe the day to go.

I am on a 100Mb/s connection and wonder about the user friendliness of this for new people starting. Is there an easier way I missed?

T

Did you use a Snapshot or did you use a Bootstrap.dat file?
Snapshot should have been synced in ~2 or 3 hours max.
Bootstrap.dat can take ~24 hours.

Do you have any Active Connections?
(Click Help and Debug Windows to see # of connections)

I am updating the snapshot to today's date and will post when it is ready.

Cool
Activity: 34
Thanks Smiley

Hi Babidi,

It has too many variables and at some time a certain block size could be more effective than other but not always, what's recommended is to have less than 100k per block, a low latency internet connection and a lot of BitBeans as much as you can get Smiley. With 2M you can get 1 or 2 Sprouts (1 Sprout=1000 BITB) per day .

I aborted yesterday in favour of using a snapshot, speaking of which I would have liked to seen one published on the main website but could not fins. But to my surprise, I am still again waiting this morning  a good 12 hours later and at this rate maybe the day to go.

T
Activity: 48
Thanks Smiley
Jump to: