Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 77. (Read 276079 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
I have a question about sprouting

with my 200k Beans in the wallet, it shows me 31-35 days to a reward.
The Difficulty is 3.01 and i have about 30 connections.

Did i anything wrong?

It will come down, should take 3-4 days for first sprout then every 2-3 after with that weight

Yeah that has got to come down as 31-35 days does seem a lot for that amount of beans. However are you sprouting 24/7 or just every few hours? Because this could play a part in the estimate time to sprout as you could be trying to sprout when the network weight is high like it is sometimes during certain times of the day/night. This is why I leave it sprouting 24 hours a day as it gives me more chance to earn a sprout/s.
Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015

i just wanted to say HELLO to BitBean or maybe even in the future Bean Cash Community.  Smiley

BitBean to moon ......

greetings from Germany

Hallo Jan,

we will see. Time will tell.

Greetings from NRW : )
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

i just wanted to say HELLO to BitBean or maybe even in the future Bean Cash Community.  Smiley

BitBean to moon ......

greetings from Germany
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I AM

Did i anything wrong?

It will come down, should take 3-4 days for first sprout then every 2-3 after with that weight
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Did i anything wrong?

Activity: 156
Merit: 102
Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!
How many connection do you have currently?
I am getting only 15-16 instead of 60 a month ago.

Currently, I have 125.  Is your port open to incoming connections?

Activity: 233
Merit: 100
It be a very long time I not post in here. I come to check on what bitbean dev is up to, I think the rebrand of the name is a good thing because this can create new interest in the coin and bring new people in.
Anyone else having issues with Beans sprouting but not accepting?

Transaction details say: "Generated beans must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

But this has happened to my last 4 sprouts over an 8 day period which is not occasional...

This can sometimes happen when sprouting and goes for any pos coin. You just must be very unlucky to get 4 of these in a row. I had this happen to me with another pos coin where I got 3 in a row so it just comes down to luck. So I wouldn't worry to much about it and just continue to leave your wallet open for sprouting and you might get lucky and hit a few sprouts in a row in the same day.

Thank you for the feedback - checking back it's only ever happened twice before so must like you say just be very bad luck. Can't complain about the sprout return generally though over the past few months so hopefully better luck next time and back to normal!

You're welcome, I'm sure your luck will turn around soon and you'll start seeing those sprouts again. I also just checked my wallet and I had 2 in a row not sprout but that is the most I've had in a row but have the odd one not sprout which is normal for pos coins. Like I said you might have a day where you sprout a number of sprouts a day like I had the other day, my most being 3 sprouts in a day.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Transaction details say: "Generated beans must mature 110 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

But this has happened to my last 4 sprouts over an 8 day period which is not occasional...

This can sometimes happen when sprouting and goes for any pos coin. You just must be very unlucky to get 4 of these in a row. I had this happen to me with another pos coin where I got 3 in a row so it just comes down to luck. So I wouldn't worry to much about it and just continue to leave your wallet open for sprouting and you might get lucky and hit a few sprouts in a row in the same day.

Thank you for the feedback - checking back it's only ever happened twice before so must like you say just be very bad luck. Can't complain about the sprout return generally though over the past few months so hopefully better luck next time and back to normal!
Activity: 146
Invest into $XVG $PND $PAC $LDOGE
How many connection do you have currently?
I am getting only 15-16 instead of 60 a month ago.
Cash Symbol: ß  Grin Seems many of core members are from germany, as of it is the double "s" also called sharp s of German alphabet...

XBN sounds very good.
Activity: 746
Merit: 500
thanks a lot for the answer, really appreciated.

Will pick that up
URGENT - Is there a recent bootstrap file available to speed up the syncing process?

thanks in advance!

There is a snapshot at http://bitbean.org/downloads.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page and read the section titled Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!

Activity: 746
Merit: 500
URGENT - Is there a recent bootstrap file available to speed up the syncing process?

thanks in advance!

I Like Bitbean!  

This change also mitigates issues of trademark disputes and confrontation, as the new name change references common names used in the public domain. BitBean is based in large part, on source code from Bitcoin, which is in the public domain. As core developers of BitBean (the digital currency, not the company), Bean Core Executive Directors believe, that re-branding preemptively mitigates moves by private companies that may try to lay claim, of rights to BitBean (the digital currency).

As mentioned in the live web meeting and alluded to in the announcement, so does someone else!   Sad

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87254305&docId=OOA20170307175940#docIndex=0&page=1

1on1 Development has decided they want the name for themselves, and have filed a trademark application with the US Patent and Trademark Office for it.
The application appears to have succeeded and is scheduled to publish in the Trade Mark Official Gazette on 5 September 2017.

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I AM
I Like Bitbean!  Why wan´t you rebrand it to Bean Cash? Bean Cash doeson´t sound better.

And the "old" bean looks more likeable.

Which sound´s better? "Send me some Bitbean!" or "Send me some Bean Cash!"

Don´t change a running system!!!

Do you wan´t to change this, too? "With Bigger Blocks, faster than a Bean of Light!"

Please, please, please... think about it!

Who cares? it will create some short term interest and hopefully a price spike. Just trade it
Bean is never going to be a dash or litecoin you ride these smaller ones to buy the bigger ones.

This > Bean Core Executive Board of Directors < is funny though given they remain anonymous

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I Like Bitbean!  Why wan´t you rebrand it to Bean Cash? Bean Cash doeson´t sound better.

And the "old" bean looks more likeable.

Which sound´s better? "Send me some Bitbean!" or "Send me some Bean Cash!"

Don´t change a running system!!!

Do you wan´t to change this, too? "With Bigger Blocks, faster than a Bean of Light!"

Please, please, please... think about it!
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"
Bean Core -- A World-wide Virtual Company
http://www.bitbean.org
1 (406) 213-4656

Announcement: BitBean Community ("Team Bean")
August 8th., 2017

The Executive Board of Directors, of Bean Core has reached a consensus to re-brand BitBean for the upcoming release of v1.1.2 of the reference implementation. Bean Core is proposing to the BitBean community, here-fore referred to as "Team Bean", that BitBean is re-branded to "Bean Cash".

With a renewed focus, "Bean Cash" is a digital currency and peer-to-peer network. Its primary application is to be used as a store of value and a medium of exchange -- both on-line (Internet transactions), in-person transactions, or with merchants at the Point of Sale/Service (POS).
This change also mitigates issues of trademark disputes and confrontation, as the new name change references common names used in the public domain. BitBean is based in large part, on source code from Bitcoin, which is in the public domain. As core developers of BitBean (the digital currency, not the company), Bean Core Executive Directors believe, that re-branding preemptively mitigates moves by private companies that may try to lay claim, of rights to BitBean (the digital currency).

BitBean has existed for over 2 1/2 years as both a digital currency and a solid-secure peer-to-peer network -- without a hard-fork or transaction rollback! It has continued to be developed and maintained by Bean Core during this time. As stewards, we propose these changes, with the coming release of our v1.1.2 Core reference platform:

(Note: these change only relate to branding aspects)

Name: "BitBean" to be changed to "Bean Cash"

Tag-line: "Bigger..Faster..Stronger" to be changed to "Digital Cash"

Slogan: "Fast..Simple..Secure..More Than a Digital Currency!" (No Change)

Ticker: "BITB" to be changed to "BEAN"

Currency Code (for ISO 4217 Adoption): XBN Note: The first "X" is important because it designates a commodity that is independent of any government.

Cash Symbol: ß (Code-page 437: 00DF/225 for Point of Sale/Service Implementation)

New Domain: beancash.org With this change, Team Bean and Bean Core would retain copyright and ownership of the "bitbean.org" domain. Existing
bitbean.org and sub-domains would redirect to beancash.org

New Domain: beancash.net Hosting Services:
  • An on-line wallet for Bean Cash (2017)
  • email domain/service for Bean Cash holders (2017)
  • SMTP relay (for future email protocols integrated into core) (2018)
  • web-based micro-payment services (2018)

Bean Core formally invites Team Bean's input and discussion on these changes before formalization into v1.1.2 Reference Implementation.
The forum for participation in the discussion, is the channel "The Farm", hosted at: https://slackkiller.bitbean.org
or: http://www.bitbean.org/forum/bitbean-rebrand-announcement
With these additional changes, our target for release of v1.1.2 (Beta) is August 20th.

Respectfully,

Bean Core Executive Board of Directors (bod AT b I t b e a n DOT org)

Official RFC should be directed to the Official Forum (not posted here):  http://www.bitbean.org/forum/bitbean-rebrand-announcement
For sync problems follow the instruction on http://www.bitbean.org/downloads.html in the section 3. Use BitBean on especially Synchronize Your Wallet With the BitBean Blockchain Faster!
Pages:
Jump to: