Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin-Analytics.com - price correction, additional currencies - page 8. (Read 49911 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
On the depth charts for mtgox you can see that we limit ask with 1000 usd/btc price and you can visually estimate what discount factor will be useful.
Activity: 252
Yes it's the same. We just use mtgox realtime api to get order book every 15 seconds. The full depth url can only be queries every 15 minutes or so.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Actually, is your data the same as https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/depth/full? I could just play with that data if it's the same.
It is not a problem to multiply usd bid price and volume of btc in each bid order.

But the problem is, as nimnul explained, that simple multiplication will not get meaningful number.

The problem is that not all bid orders have meaningful, as nimnul stated a "real", price. e.g. if someone places a bid order to buy 1000 000 000 btc for 1 USD, in other words buyer expects to buy 1bn btc at 0,000000001 usd/btc. does this price make sence for youe analyzes? Such order will be never executed.
Thus such orders represents spam, not real , fake data in the orderbook.

There are a lot of such orders, and their combined volume just obscurs the true picture.

If we exclude those fake orders we will see the true picture.

It this clear?

So the questions is how to tell which orders have to be excluded and which not?

The problem is here that there is no common agreement on which order have to be counted as meaningful and which is not.

So how to find this common filtering creteria is the main question.

Do you have any idea on how can we solve it?

One way to filter it would be use an discount factor based on distance from the top order. The discount factor can be exponential or linear.
An exponential discount factor would be something like e^(-ax) where a is some scaling factor and x is the distance. A linear discount factor could be something very simple like a(x/x_top)

For example, say current top bid is $60 and there's a bid for 1000000000 BTC at $1.

The exponential discounted volume with a = 1 is 1000000000 * e^(-(60-1)) = 2.3802664e-17, i.e. negligible. If we want to give it a bit more weight we can decrease a to 0.1 which yields 1000000000 * e^(-0.1(60-1)) = 2739444.81877.

The linear discounted volume with a = 1 is 1000000000 * (1/60) = 16666666.6667. Give it more weight by increasing a.

The same thing could be used on asks. Personally I'd like to see orderbook volume charts in USD and BTC (option to show volume in USD or BTC). I'm also curious if the spam orders on both sides simply cancel out, what does the chart look like if you just multiply without discounting? If I could get some raw data I can play around with the parameters in MATLAB and see what values are reasonable.

For the depth chart it's not necessary to discount, simply convert BTC to USD and vice versa at the price of each order to make volume on each side use the same currency. Again it would be nice to have an option to toggle between BTC and USD.

Another suggestion, add another series in the VWAP chart for both buys and sells, and have a control to show/hide each chart.
It is not a problem to multiply usd bid price and volume of btc in each bid order.

But as nimnul explained, that simple multiplication will not get meaningful number.

The problem is that not all bid orders have meaningful, as nimnul stated a "real", price. e.g. if someone places a bid order to buy 1000 000 000 btc for 1 USD, in other words buyer expects to buy 1bn btc at 0,000000001 usd/btc. does this price make sence for your analyzes? Such order will be never executed.
Thus such orders represents spam, not real , fake data in the orderbook.

In other words this one fake order will make bids line several orders higher than asks line. 1bn btc on bids side which are not existent and 100k btc on the asks. This really does not make sence. Can you agree?

There are a lot of such orders, and their combined volume just obscurs the true picture.

If we exclude those fake orders we will see the true picture.

It this clear?

So the question is how to tell which orders have to be excluded and which not?

There is no common agreement on which order have to be counted as meaningful and which is not.

So how to find this common filtering creteria is the main question.

Do you have any ideas on how can we solve it?

How about calculate the "real" volume yourself by e.g. multiplying the USD volume by the order price to get the true BTC volume?
Hi,

Thank you for supporting us.

We have a plan on adding month long charts with candlestick aggregation but now it's not possible to see data older than a day.

There is a problem with having volumes in either BTC or USD on the same axis. Often there are spam orders on both sides of orderbook: someone sells 1 BTC for 1 billion USD and someone buys 1 billion BTC for 1 USD.

For bids, only USD volume is "real" and BTC volume is an arbitrary number put by whoever placed the order. For asks it's vice versa: BTC volume is "real" and USD volume can be set to arbitrary number.

If we put both volumes in one currency it will not help you to compare them. So there should be a method of filtering meaningful depth from fake depth and we couldn't find a good one. Do you have ideas?

Best regards, nimnul and genuise
Hi, as a subscriber is it possible to access data older than a day? Also can we get an option to have the volumes in either BTC or USD on the same axis, instead of having bids in USD and asks in BTC on separate axes?  It's hard to compare two plots on different axes in e.g. the order book volume chart, you can only see the relative fluctuations on either axis.
ello. I'm interested in your website and possibly subscribing. However with the recent sharp increase in value of bitcoins I was wondering if you could provide information on arbitrage trnsactions for as little as 1 bitcoin now?  Also how much is the subscription? I know it was 0.5 btc/month but I'm hoping you'll have dropped your rates now!

Hi, thank you for your interest in service.

Normally we reconsider subscribtion plans prices once per month. And last time we corrected them on apr 1.

Full access will cost you:
0.002 BTC a day, 0.03 BTC a month, 0.05 BTC for 2 months

hope this help.

if you have further questions we will gladly answer them.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
ello. I'm interested in your website and possibly subscribing. However with the recent sharp increase in value of bitcoins I was wondering if you could provide information on arbitrage trnsactions for as little as 1 bitcoin now?  Also how much is the subscription? I know it was 0.5 btc/month but I'm hoping you'll have dropped your rates now!
i'm enjoying your service as a paying customer, thanks for your product.

one thing that would improve the usability of the tables would be the possibility to specify a custom BTC amount for the charts and arbitrage tables, and not just the fixed increments of 10/100/1000. when the user enters a specific amount, the calculations should be made with that amount.

thanks.

Hello, dudel42, thank you for being our customer Smiley

And thank you for your sugestion. We really appriciate every feedback.

As for your suggestion we can agree that the custom trading volume is one of the desirable parameter to consider for practical trading. And we were considering such an option while designing the architecture of the service.

Here currently we have one obstacle which prevented us from implementing this feature initially: if we consider providing this calculation in 24h charts for every customer this will mean that we will need to store separately custom sequences of calculated data virtually for every customer. This as you can understand will need huge amount of resources which will significantly increase our expenses and inavitably the end price of the service.

So currently implementing custom historic data is not an option.

But what probably is more reallistic for arbitrage is to calculate CustomVolume MKT Exec Price for every ticker on client only. This means increased performance of browser(probably not significantly) and no historic data between reloads of the page. This is just at first glance.

Here it would be intersting to hear your opinion of this idea?

Thank you
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
i'm enjoying your service as a paying customer, thanks for your product.

one thing that would improve the usability of the tables would be the possibility to specify a custom BTC amount for the charts and arbitrage tables, and not just the fixed increments of 10/100/1000. when the user enters a specific amount, the calculations should be made with that amount.

thanks.
It's up now. Thank you for reporting
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Bitcoin Analytics is down (Service Unavailable). Use the official forum thread to report this problem.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
If it's from here http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable then it could be a bug in firefox portable. I'll take a look and let you know.
That's the one. Thanks for checking!
If it's from here http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable then it could be a bug in firefox portable. I'll take a look and let you know.
legendary
Due to technical reasons we only support browsers which support Gzip transfer coding. All major browsers do.

What browser do you use? Are you using a mobile browser or a web accelerator such as Opera Turbo?

I see. I use Firefox Portable 18.0 . Sort of mobile, I guess ;-)
Due to technical reasons we only support browsers which support Gzip transfer coding. All major browsers do.

What browser do you use? Are you using a mobile browser or a web accelerator such as Opera Turbo?

legendary
Bitcoin Analytics is down (Gzip encoding must be supported for this request). Use the official forum thread to report this problem.

Huh
Hi, everybody!

Today 6 month since we launched http://bitcoin-analytics.com

We are proud to announce an update:

• GBP currency is supported
  • Mtgox charts for USD, EUR, GBP, CNY are based on full orderbook depth as we switched to streaming API
  • Independent axes for BTC and USD in order book depth charts
  • Added new exchanges, removed exchanges which stopped working
  • Charts work faster and use less browser memory
  • New daily subscription plan
  • New bimonthly subscription plan
  • Prices were corrected to match Bitcoin exchange rate

You can view limited version of charts for free as before.

Full access will cost you:
0.05 BTC a day, 0.3 BTC a month, 0.5 BTC for 2 months
Pages:
Jump to: