Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin-Analytics.com - price correction, additional currencies - page 9. (Read 49911 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
We are Nimnul and me. We both are developers and owners of the service.

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Hi, thank you for supporting us,

and for constructive participation in discussing tech issues in other thread.

Your are absolutely right about Order Book Volume chart - this is already planned with our soon release.
This particular feature is directly connected with implementation of the mtgox stream api full order book volume chart. In case of full order book the USD bid volume is ~1.8 M while BTC ask volume is ~0.24M.
and this difference is clearly visible. Thus we cannot display it on the same scale.

And we also plan to release multiple subscribtion plans to allow people who do not trade actively like you to try our paid service and stay within budget.

thank you,
once more

and till then

you're welcome and thanks again for your service.

you say, "our planned release"... I'm still assuming it's just you, right? Wink
Hi, thank you for supporting us,

and for constructive participation in discussing tech issues in other thread.

Your are absolutely right about Order Book Volume chart - this is already planned with our soon release.
This particular feature is directly connected with implementation of the mtgox stream api full order book volume chart. In case of full order book the USD bid volume is ~1.8 M while BTC ask volume is ~0.24M.
and this difference is clearly visible. Thus we cannot display it on the same scale.

And we also plan to release multiple subscribtion plans to allow people who do not trade actively like you to try our paid service and stay within budget.

thank you,
once more

and till then
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I don't trade actively enough to merit a subscription, but I just subscribed nevertheless out of curiosity.

I have a suggestion is for the Order Book Volume chart: could you make 2 different scales for the asks and bids (an additional one on the right of the chart or whereever for the asks) and align these scales by some average recent price? That way, traders that use the orderbook to make decisions could see more easily which way it leans and when there are crossings.
Is cross currency something that is in the works?

Oh and btw thanks for a brilliant service.

Hi, thank you!

can you please be more specific?

There can be two directions with cross currency.
Charts and Arbitrage.

We have some ideas about advancing arbitrage view, and there can be several moments to consider to be able provide useful tools.
For example the question is what kind of arbitrage table structure should we implement to adaquetly represent cross currency opportunities.

The problem is that there are big number of variants how to do this. We are interested in all suggestions.

Also there is interest from our customers in providing orderbook table for each exchange.

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Is cross currency something that is in the works?

Oh and btw thanks for a brilliant service.
The subscription fee is the same. 0.5 BTC/mo gives access to charts for individual tickers and realtime arbitrage view for both old and recently added tickers.
Average movements would be nice to, like the chart in the $10 thread.

Infact if had this I would have signed up yesterday.

Hi, can you please give more details? We would like to implement as many useful new charts as community thinks are needed Smiley

Sure, I would love it (and pay for it too) if you added more 'smart buying' charts like these.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1078327

Hi, thank you for your details.

My understanding is that the chart you propose must be calculated from data collected over several weeks. It is not currently possible with Bitcoin Analytics engine.

Providing realtime capabilities and sustaining higher visitor flow during market rallies and crashes while keeping operational costs low took a lot of engineering effort. So far we have a very good survivability record - few times we were up when our competitors were down.

It also meaned that we couldn't be a jack of all trades - we decided to concentrate our efforts on 24 hours time frame with 15-second readings.

Although we have distant plans to cover larger timeframe with coarser granularity, we think that Bitcoin community would win if we focus on getting most out of what we have already developed. Intraday data analysis is a significant sub-industry within algorithmic trading, many interesting visualizations can be done with intraday data.

Looking forward for new intraday visualizations,
genuise and nimnul.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
The subscription fee is the same. 0.5 BTC/mo gives access to charts for individual tickers and realtime arbitrage view for both old and recently added tickers.

Hi, can you please give more details? We would like to implement as many useful new charts as community thinks are needed Smiley

Sure, I would love it (and pay for it too) if you added more 'smart buying' charts like these.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1078327

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks

Activity: 252
Inactive

This is great stuff.
We implemented support for multiple currencies and added more exchanges.

So now we support 22 tickers:

12 US Dollar tickers: mtgoxUSD, btceUSD, cbxUSD, cryptoxUSD, intrsngUSD, bitstampUSD, bitmarketUSD, bcLRUSD, bitfloorUSD, vcxUSD, btctreeUSD, btc24USD - note that we had to disable btcex

8 Euro tickers: mtgoxEUR, bitmarketEUR, vcxEUR, intrsngEUR, bcEUR, bcLREUR, bitcurexEUR, btc24EUR

2 Chinese Yuan/Renminbi tickers: mtgoxCNY, btcnCNY

Regards,
bitcoin-analytics.com dev team.
Hi
a few questions and recommendations:

on charts table:
what does
MKT
VWAP
mean?

on arbitrage table:
if I understand correct the numbers
eg:
-5.xx -6.xx%
means the first number is absolute amount in USD and the second in %, - but I think % is the most important number and therefore has to be big and bold or so?
it will be a nice feature if the highest (1 or 2) number(s) in % is in another color and/or bold or major
the colors are very confusing me...
why don't you take the colors used in whole world in traffic lights  (red, Yellow, green and perhaps white or black as the 4.)
that is much more intuitive (orange is too much near red for me and means stop for me...)

I hope this is  constructive review for you Smiley
thx

Hi, ewibit!

Thank you for your constructive attitude Smiley We really appriciate it Smiley
Please be sure that your opinion is valuable for us. As opinion of all our active and would be customers Smiley

You are right there are plenty to be done to improve the service and to become mature and actually really useful.
We wanted to assure you and all our customers and guests that we are working hard to make this improvement come true.

You are absolutely right about those terms. The documentation lacks their description. And we will fix this inconvinience with our planned next update which I hope come very soon.

But to clarify your question I can tell that we used fairly common abbreviations for the sake of simplicity and minimalism.

MKT usually means Market Order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKT) . So the full name of the term '1000 BTC MKT Exec Price' reads - 1000 BTC Market Order Execution Price. This is exactly the price at which you actually can buy/sell 1000 BTC on a given exchange in one market order. The idea to calculate this parameter was primarily from the trading convinience point of view. We assume that it might be useful to know current market execution price in conjunction with certain voume than just best price without relevant volume.  

VWAP stands for - Volume Weighted Average Price so label 'VWAP Last 1000 BTC Traded' answers the following question: What was the price of last 1000 BTC sold or bought respectively. Here we assume that it will be interesting to compare how different Market Order price to sell/buy 1000 BTC from actually traded last 1000 BTC on the current market. Last 1000 BTC sold or bought could be traded in one big chunk or in a lot of small 0.1-1.0 BTC trades. To tell at which price it was sold/bought we calculate average price of all last trades until the sum of those trades equals 1000 BTC. Thus we believe this allows us to use the term VWAP in this case.

As for the arbitrage table format you are also absolutely correct. It must be some how reworked. I can agree with you that percent is more relevant for analyzes and must be better and differently highlighted. Your suggestion about colors coding is also relevant. And please be sure we are carefully gathering all such suggestions from all our customers to collect as much as possible opinions. Then when critical mass of such data is collected we will be able to analyze it and make a decision what must be done here and there.
Once more thank you.

From our side I can tell that before the release of this service we were very concentrated on wide variety of technical issues: such as stability of the service, performance issues, user accounts and payment processing. Interaction with exchanges orderbook and trading api. Collecting data in database and on and on and on...
So we ask for your understanding that we choose to delay some questions and decided to solve them not optimally but from the simple aesthetics point of view.

Once more thank you for using our service and giving us your constructive opinion, it is very important for us.

bitcoin-analytics.com devs team
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Hi
a few questions and recommendations:

on charts table:
what does
MKT
VWAP
mean?

on arbitrage table:
if I understand correct the numbers
eg:
-5.xx -6.xx%
means the first number is absolute amount in USD and the second in %, - but I think % is the most important number and therefore has to be big and bold or so?
it will be a nice feature if the highest (1 or 2) number(s) in % is in another color and/or bold or major
the colors are very confusing me...
why don't you take the colors used in whole world in traffic lights  (red, Yellow, green and perhaps white or black as the 4.)
that is much more intuitive (orange is too much near red for me and means stop for me...)

I hope this is  constructive review for you Smiley
thx
Hi, sorry for this inconvinience.

In general it takes some time for our service to get payment notification.
Normally it should take 1 confirmation but some time it can take longer.

Hope this will not make bad impression about our service.

Thank you for your patience and understanding Smiley

Evgeniy
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
on your site stands:
Your subscription will be activated after 1 confirmation from Bitcoin network
@now I have 4 confirmations and still:
 Subscription status    Was never activated...

edit:
ok now, but after 6! confirmations...
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I look forward to using this soon
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ