Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 429. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Bitcoin Cash Fund site now launched!
We're a community-driven, grass-roots org accelerating adoption of BitcoinCash

everyone donate to the devs!   Cheesy  bwaaaahaha

A good product advertises itself if you have to pay to make people believe you then there is a problem
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

everyone donate to the devs!   Cheesy  bwaaaahaha
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Bitcoin's first candy big boy, BCH, has been developing for several months, and it's very nice. Yesterday, bitcoin gave you candy, BCD, and 1:10 distribution, everybody happy? Grin
Merit: 254

best not to use segwit even after lightning is ready

why?
Activity: 1134
Merit: 525
Less hops. More wins.

best not to use segwit even after lightning is ready
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Seems Bithumb just cant stop loving BCH
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
When will the bch support to Segwit

Probably never.

And that's a good thing.

There is no probably about it after the fuss that was kicked up about segwit they would probably let the chain die rather than backtrack if something like lightning takes off in a big way that requires segwit

Problem: Segwit is not architecturally required for Lightning. Hell, even lack-of-malleability is not architecturally required for Lightning. And segwit is not required for lack-of-malleability.

The discussion on this point within the Bitcoin Cash community is quite muted ATM - there are bigger fish to fry. However, BU had previously discussed the idea of a malleability fix quite extensively. If my reading of the tea leaves is correct, the prevailing attitude was leaning towards 'malleability fix yes, segwit no'. Your mileage may vary. Not to be used for the other purpose. Forward-looking statements carry some risk. Keep chainsaw away from testicles. Objects in rear view mirror may be larger than they appear.

the mystery miner, aka jihan wu, ...

While that is a reasonable inference, do you have any evidence to go with that assertion?

has hundreds of millions of unspent bcash piling up. they should apply to him. i'm sure he'd like to spend some of it.

If instead it is Satoshi mining (OK, no evidence, but just accept the postulate for the sake of the hypothetical) there's plenty of evidence suggesting he has no need to cash in anytime soon (i.e., at least 980,000 BTC).
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Edit: Multi-signature = I don't know. Never used.

After months, I still could not claim my Bitcoin Cash coins from the Electrum multisignature address where my BTC were stored. There are NO instructions NOWHERE on how to do that, and all existing instructions don't work for Electrum multisig addresses (which begin with the number 3).
Somebody clever enough here to know hot to do that?
I guess not.

Here you go, I have posted this twice in here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-cash-pro-on-chain-scaling-cheaper-fees-2040221

Im getting crazy of this. Still didnt claim my bitcoin cash
Becouse i still dont know How.
I have bitcoin on A usb stick. So Wallet.dat
How cam i claim them ?? Huh

1. Before the fork, I had my bitcoins in Electrum wallet, call it "W1".
2. After the fork, I created a new wallet in Electrum call it "W2".
3. I move ALL my BTC bitcoins from W1 -> W2.
4. I install Electron Cash (for BCH Bitcoin Cash) and make a wallet in it "WCH1".
5. I export private key from Electrum "W1" (NOT W2!), from "W1" which is EMPTY.
6. I restore/import private keys from empty "W1"(BTC wallet) into "WCH1"(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet.
7. Now I have same amount of BCH Bitcoin Cash, which I had in W1 as BTC Bitcoin.

The reason for making W1 BTC empty and move all into W2 BTC is that in case the WCH1(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet is not safe, they won't be able to steal my bitcoins because I only use the private keys for the now EMPTY "W1" BTC wallet in the new BCH wallet.

Then from the BCH wallet, I sent my BCH Bitcoin Cash into my Exchange account.

BE CAREFUL:
DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY SEND BCH INTO A BTC ADDRESS.
DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY SEND BTC INTO A BCH ADDRESS.
...if you do any of those mistakes, your coins will be LOST FOREVER.

It's simple but read 10 times before you do it so that you can be sure you actually understood what I did. Smiley

This is exactly what I have been doing and re-doing already in August, but apparently it doesn't work with Electrum MULTISIG addresses (1of3, address beginning with number 3). The private keys I'm exporting, once exported and re-imported, seem to be of some other address which contains no coin. But if I lookup the address on the BCC blockexplorer, the coins are there. Somebody told me that this is due to the fact that it is a multisig address. So the mystery is not solved.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

So Bitcoin Cash is now a hardship case in need of charity?  Huh Whatevah.

the mystery miner, aka jihan wu, has hundreds of millions of unspent bcash piling up. they should apply to him. i'm sure he'd like to spend some of it.

Good, let him donate. As for me, I already gave at the office.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

the mystery miner, aka jihan wu, has hundreds of millions of unspent bcash piling up. they should apply to him. i'm sure he'd like to spend some of it.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
After months, I still could not claim my Bitcoin Cash coins from the Electrum multisignature address where my BTC were stored. There are NO instructions NOWHERE on how to do that, and all existing instructions don't work for Electrum multisig addresses (which begin with the number 3).
Somebody clever enough here to know hot to do that?
I guess not.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0

Bilderberg group funds Blockstream. Elites!
Blockstream side business for Bitcoin Core Developers.
Side chains who going to vet the transactions the elites?
So we have fiat game all over again in crypto... print that money!!!
Satoshi gave the keys of Bitcoin to Gavin Anderson then Core developers removed his access and took it over.
Now you have all these Bitcoin Core shills protecting Bitcoin Core cause they are paid to pump it up.

So please let me know which one is the Elites coin again? Follow the money... trust but verify!
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Merit: 154

Probably never.

And that's a good thing.

There is no probably about it after the fuss that was kicked up about segwit they would probably let the chain die rather than backtrack if something like lightning takes off in a big way that requires segwit
legendary

Probably never.

And that's a good thing.
legendary

The Cuneta article has so many errors, misunderstandings, misdirections and/or lies, it amazes me that even ignorant people continue posting it.

examples?

"Bitcoin Cash, at the time of this writing, had one Github commit in the last 13 days. Their development team is composed of one to two full-time developers and a handful of unknown others."

Bitcoin Cash is the blockchain, not a SW project. There are several independent teams working on clients for this blockchain. One of these teams alone has more than two full-time developers. Others have some number of known developers. I don't know which of these projects github he checked, nor which day he checked it. But at least one Bitcoin Cash client uses a code repository other than github. So even if his monitored github account (which one?) had only one commit in 13 days, it is pretty much irrelevant. Maybe it wasn't a github repository relevant to Bitcoin Cash. Maybe he's just making it up anyway. Who knows?

How many lies and omission are we up to so far? And this is in only one quarter-paragraph. The entire thing is rife with inanities.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
TONIGHT, go buy a rope....
You don't need it, it will come to you  Grin
Jump to: