Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 618. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250
today i saw price Bitcoin Cash (BCH) 421.19 USD (0.44%) 0.09566590 BTC

the Bitcoin cash rising up so fast , i think it increase follow btc .
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
So is the plan by BTC.top and magical mystery miners to just let the blocks come about an hour apart for a while? Maybe until the other chain catches up? Or are they hoping the can attract more devotees to mine? Wu already only selling latest S9 batch for Bitcoin Cash. Not Bitcoin, not cash, just Bitcoin Cash. (And definitely not LTC!)
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I sense some hostility towards bitcoin cash. Virus? Anyway I just bought a few, slowly accumulating on dips. Its a good coin. Satoshi would approve

You must be continuously buying it's been on a rolling dip every day it drops further behind
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
this good idea, i like this project
 I'm getting my snack ready for this, i hope this succes project
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
I sense some hostility towards bitcoin cash. Virus? Anyway I just bought a few, slowly accumulating on dips. Its a good coin. Satoshi would approve
Activity: 686
Merit: 504

That's quite the interesting tidbit. Bitmain will generate some BTC->BCH volume there. Perhaps they want to move the price up, but maybe it's more about China's crackdown on BTC? Either way, we're talking bullish for BCH, that could be $100k volume in the next week alone...
Or is it that 250K sell would trigger a massive dump?

of course it would. volumes for all alts are tiny at the moment. 250,000 coins would wipe out every order on every exchange three or four times over. a sale or buy of that magnitude would have to be otc.

OK, so are we concluding that Xapo did NOT sell those coins (unless otc)? They either kept them or went otc?

These could be drained over the space of weeks plus it could be users moving to another BCH wallet and still stored since xapo is discontinuing Bcash support I don't expect to see any mayor selloff until later this month possibly next
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
anyone know how to get Bitcoin Cash? seems like there is a virus in Bcash electrum wallet where I cant download from window?
Many Thanks

"Electrum Wallet" is for BTC "Bitcoin": https://electrum.org/#download

"Electron Cash" is for BCH "Bitcoin Cash": https://electroncash.org ...I do NOT know if it is safe but I have used it on a separate computer.

Both of them gave me warning from Chrome that they might not be safe but I have used them without any issues. I think it is only a false positive.

This is what I did and it worked perfectly fine:

1. Before the fork, I had my bitcoins in Electrum wallet, call it "W1".
2. After the fork, I created a new wallet in Electrum call it "W2".
3. I move ALL my BTC bitcoins from W1 -> W2.
4. I install Electron Cash (for BCH Bitcoin Cash) and make a wallet in it "WCH1".
5. I export private key from Electrum "W1" (NOT W2!), from "W1" which is EMPTY.
6. I restore/import private keys from empty "W1"(BTC wallet) into "WCH1"(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet.
7. Now I have same amount of BCH Bitcoin Cash, which I had in W1 as BTC Bitcoin.

The reason for making W1 BTC empty and move all into W2 BTC is that in case the WCH1(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet is not safe, they won't be able to steal my bitcoins because I only use the private keys for the now EMPTY "W1" BTC wallet in the new BCH wallet.

Then from the BCH wallet, I sent my BCH Bitcoin Cash into my Exchange account.

BE CAREFUL:

DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY SEND BCH INTO A BTC ADDRESS.
DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY SEND BTC INTO A BCH ADDRESS.
...if you do any of those mistakes, your coins will be LOST FOREVER.

It's simple but read 10 times before you do it so that you can be sure you actually understood what I did.  Smiley

You can find more wallets for Bitcoin Cash here: https://www.bitcoincash.org/#wallets
Thank you for your  effort bitcoin cash is not a virus .dump and bump playing with many coins since yesterday  .

Thanks. But I cant send from electrum cash??? When signing transactions, it says signature must use: SIGHASH_FORKID???

DO NOT SEND BTC TO BCH ADDRESS!!!

I told you, please READ WHAT I WROTE 100 TIMES! You did not understand what I wrote! Please let someone explain this to you!

You need to import private keys from BTC wallet, into an Electron Cash BCH wallet!

DO NOT SEND ANY COINS ANYWHERE!

Your BCH coins are ALREADY in the BCH chain!!! Do NOT send your BTC to it!!! If you import your old BTC private key into a BCH wallet, your BCH coin will magically appear in this BCH wallet!

But before you do, MOVE your BTC into A NEW BTC WALLET.

PLEASE READ 1000 TIMES.

Thanks fne, but now I cant send BCH to exchange, it says rejection rule, sig mandatory???
anyone know how to get Bitcoin Cash? seems like there is a virus in Bcash electrum wallet where I cant download from window?
Many Thanks

"Electron Cash" is for BCH "Bitcoin Cash": https://electroncash.org ...I do NOT know if it is safe but I have used it on a separate computer.

Both of them gave me warning from Chrome that they might not be safe but I have used them without any issues. I think it is only a false positive.

4. I install Electron Cash (for BCH Bitcoin Cash) and make a wallet in it "WCH1".
6. I restore/import private keys from empty "W1"(BTC wallet) into "WCH1"(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet.
7. Now I have same amount of BCH Bitcoin Cash, which I had in W1 as BTC Bitcoin.

The reason for making W1 BTC empty and move all into W2 BTC is that in case the WCH1(BCH Bitcoin Cash) wallet is not safe, they won't be able to steal my bitcoins because I only use the private keys for the now EMPTY "W1" BTC wallet in the new BCH wallet.

BE CAREFUL:

It's simple but read 10 times before you do it so that you can be sure you actually understood what I did.  Smiley

You can find more wallets for Bitcoin Cash here: https://www.bitcoincash.org/#wallets
Thank you for your  effort bitcoin cash is not a virus .dump and bump playing with many coins since yesterday  .

Thanks. But I cant send from electrum cash??? When signing transactions, it says signature must use: SIGHASH_FORKID???
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
Many Thanks

BE CAREFUL:

Thank you for your  effort bitcoin cash is not a virus .dump and bump playing with many coins since yesterday  .
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
OK, so are we concluding that Xapo did NOT sell those coins (unless otc)? They either kept them or went otc?

i think those are the only possibilities. there's no way they could move those amounts on exchanges without mangling the market.

xapo must know everyone who's anyone in the crypto space so maybe there are some weirdos who already did a deal for the anticipated amount of bcash they were gonna free up.

at the same time though as they're doing near market rates for customers there's no way they could discount it without swallowing horrific losses, and as it's something they've no real interest in i doubt they want to lose on it.

interesting question when you think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Or is it that 250K sell would trigger a massive dump?

of course it would. volumes for all alts are tiny at the moment. 250,000 coins would wipe out every order on every exchange three or four times over. a sale or buy of that magnitude would have to be otc.
Many Thanks

Bitcoin Cash is the virus
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2386
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
I can't help feeling this is one big pump and dump coin. If you play with fire you WILL get burnt
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
BCrash RIP Grin
Many Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight

Debate? We've been over this. BadBitcoin is a useless failed self-important individual that gives financially crippling advice to anyone dumb enough to listen:
https://bitcoinnewsmagazine.com/badbitcoin-org-gives-bad-bitcoin-advice/

http://blockdozer.com/insight/address/3AX7T8fd6F2LsZyPdk6e6M1ddbzd5ZPbek < This is the xapo address listed its all outgoing transactions

It does not mean they are buying this will be their cold wallet where all customer funds are stored and ALL must be gone with the majority possibly being sold

Hm... that would cause a massive dump in price of BCH I guess?

Sure... Half of it has been sold (check it - about 275K BCH out of 525K BCH left) and price has crashed... oh ... wait - what? It's actually up a bit in the last 24 Hrs.

http://blockdozer.com/insight/address/3AX7T8fd6F2LsZyPdk6e6M1ddbzd5ZPbek < This is the xapo address listed its all outgoing transactions

It does not mean they are buying this will be their cold wallet where all customer funds are stored and ALL must be gone with the majority possibly being sold

Hm... that would cause a massive dump in price of BCH I guess?

That wallet currently has 272614.64036484 BCC in it still
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
Jump to: