Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 651. (Read 704406 times)

Activity: 1923
Merit: 538
Anyone got new news on China ban thing?

There you go "The ban will only apply to trading of cryptocurrencies on exchanges, according to people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the information is private." "OKCoin, BTC China and Huobi, the country’s three biggest bitcoin exchanges, said on Monday that they hadn’t received any regulatory notices concerning bans on cryptocurrency trading. All three venues reported transactions on Monday, with bitcoin rising 6.3 percent on OKCoin as of 11:56 a.m. local time."

financial mess in china at the same time ??

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-10/matter-trust-look-inside-chinas-crackdown-its-3-trillion-shadow-banking-industry

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-10/yuan-about-tumble-after-fridays-shocking-pboc-news-here-goldmans-take
This is fun: every post Satoshi Nakamoto made in Bitcointalk you can just look at his profile

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3

thank you MGK, historical.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Anyone got new news on China ban thing?

There you go "The ban will only apply to trading of cryptocurrencies on exchanges, according to people familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named because the information is private." "OKCoin, BTC China and Huobi, the country’s three biggest bitcoin exchanges, said on Monday that they hadn’t received any regulatory notices concerning bans on cryptocurrency trading. All three venues reported transactions on Monday, with bitcoin rising 6.3 percent on OKCoin as of 11:56 a.m. local time."
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This is fun: every post Satoshi Nakamoto made in Bitcointalk you can just look at his profile

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3
Will we see a pump, decline, or no change once the difficulty adjustment kicks in?
So now you're making a case for Jihan being a philanthropist? I'm really confused now  Grin

BCC still hovering around $550 on cmc (for those of you who prefer mkt average and don't care for actual exchange market value)
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Let's humor this "profits bad" premise that is being suggested as though Jihan is some bad guy because his business exists to make profits... (isn't that the sole purpose of a company to exist in the free market?)

Not the sole purpose. It's not really a purpose at all, rather a requirement (and that's only because the state wants taxes). Various companies have various purposes for their existence, one of which might be making profit.
Fear.

not allowed if you engaged only an amount that you can afford to lose (permanently recommended).
Activity: 70
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
Webmoney has added support to Bitcoin Cash: https://wmh.wmtransfer.com/
BCC fails to "crash" and the SegWitters come in hard core ^^ lol it's like clockwork
Let's humor this "profits bad" premise that is being suggested as though Jihan is some bad guy because his business exists to make profits... (isn't that the sole purpose of a company to exist in the free market?)

Now, ask yourself who funds Core?  Where is that money come from and why do these entities pass the litmus test of not being ridiculed by you same individuals?

Now ask yourself of those who seek profits which ones are doing so at the expense of those who use this system vs those who make the case to improve the system in efforts to ease costs to users? 

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Vulable profits are gained.Thanks to Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Bitcoin tops out at $5k and dips under $3k  and crickets from the SegWitters

BCC hanging out around $450-550   Roll Eyes

The theory that miners don't want low fees is really interesting considering we have Jihan, Unnamed, Roger etc etc all begging (have been) for low fees and transaction times all of which are miners and all of which support the chain which supports low fees.... care to elaborate on that claim?

You will find it's more likely Jihan and co are against segwit and lightning taking fees away from the miners by keeping it all onchain they collect everything where with lighting the nodes get a very small cut of the off chain fee that could have been onchain and in the miners pockets

Bitmain etc are a for profit company their only goal is to maximise profits

How many companies do you know that think of ways they can reduce profits ?

I think it's a hoot that he is now financing testing to see if 1 GB blocks are feasible. https://twitter.com/JihanWu/status/904184380083519488
Forget the raspberry pi to run a node, you couldn't even run a node on a very high end gaming rig with those kinds of blocks. I think Wu even had an interview recently about this. He claims that IBM offers a server about the size of a brief case that runs the node, or something like that. I wonder how much that would set someone back if they wanted to run a node?

He is completely insane. (Jihan ofc, who else)

Now, if he makes an altcoin with 1gb blocks that's for sure not going to be named as bitcoin. It will more likely to be "paypal-coin cash"

If only a handful of nodes will be processing our transactions, why bother? Just use your credit card instead.

I hope every bitcoin user now understands why big blocks are stupid.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154

The theory that miners don't want low fees is really interesting considering we have Jihan, Unnamed, Roger etc etc all begging (have been) for low fees and transaction times all of which are miners and all of which support the chain which supports low fees.... care to elaborate on that claim?

You will find it's more likely Jihan and co are against segwit and lightning taking fees away from the miners by keeping it all onchain they collect everything where with lighting the nodes get a very small cut of the off chain fee that could have been onchain and in the miners pockets

I think it's a hoot that he is now financing testing to see if 1 GB blocks are feasible. https://twitter.com/JihanWu/status/904184380083519488
Forget the raspberry pi to run a node, you couldn't even run a node on a very high end gaming rig with those kinds of blocks. I think Wu even had an interview recently about this. He claims that IBM offers a server about the size of a brief case that runs the node, or something like that. I wonder how much that would set someone back if they wanted to run a node?

Maybe try filling a 50-100Kb block first because right now that's proving difficult
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

Bitcoin tops out at $5k and dips under $3k  and crickets from the SegWitters

BCC hanging out around $450-550   Roll Eyes

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Lol that simply means no one doing transactions in BCH chain.Good for miners to get that much fees in bitcoin chain.The less the block size,better for decentralization.I hope once LN gets activate in bitcoin the block size should be reduced to 500KB  Grin

lol! I swear I'm just waiting for exchanges to start renaming BTC to "Bitcoin Classic" and "BCH" to "Bitcoin".  Grin Cheesy

This is the most stupid observation ever

1. Bitcoin typically has around 2000 transactions a block compared to BCH that is usually under 50 so yes the reward in USD will be higher as there are many many more transactions in the block

2. Bitcoin is currently around $4000 while BCH is around $500 so yes the reward in USD will be much much higher as the market value in USD is much much higher per sat

Now let's take a vastly higher transaction count and multiply it with a vastly higher valued coin and explain to be why it is so much higher  Wink

It's like saying you have 1 BCH transaction with a $1000 fee is twice as good as 8000 BTC transactions each with a $0.25 fee

In the above example the BCH block would have a $1000 reward while the BTC would have a massive $2000 reward so clearly is less superior  Undecided

Now when block rewards fall to almost nothing and the miners have to rely on just tx fees which one will be the most attractive

high tx count with high market value = high profit
or
low tx count with low market value = low profit

Jump to: