Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 682. (Read 704406 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
I struggle to see how core can keep miners on their chain after x2, but they've surprised me before.

That being said, I'm stocking up BCH in anticipation for that moment. Bought most @ 0.061 so not too worried about holding bags...

That's going to be interesting indeed. They're  weasels, and no one should underestimate them.
Quite a few miners support them (some 30-40%), and many S2X proponents will probably chicken out, so Core will have their chance for sure.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

BCash is nothing compared to the next coup attempt waiting us in November.
IMO that attempt is way more legitimate than BCH hardfork. Remember segwit2x got support from most (90%+) miners.

The only good thing about BCH is that it has the support of one large SHA256 miner and a few famous Bitcoin personalities.  Other than that, it is a pretty dumb alt.  I much prefer to add transaction capacity by the way that LTC does, by having more/faster blocks.  10 minute blocks with 4x the capacity isn't as good as 2.5 minute blocks.  I do think that LTC is over-valued at the moment, though.  Historically it hangs around 0.01 BTC.  At 0.014 BTC, it is getting expensive in my opinion.  However, with Segwit enabled on LTC for a long time, and testing with Lightning Network, it is possible that it will be possible to do atomic swaps (trades without an exchange) of LTC for BTC.  This will be kind of a holy grail for crypto, the ability to swap from one chain to another without having to trust an exchange.

BarterDEX can already do atomic swaps between chains. However you need to have the whole blockchain synced for each coin you want to trade. Screw lightening network.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Huge dump on exchange  Tongue
It's not a dump. Its a cleansing. Grin
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
CryptoPuzzle.com developer
Huge dump on exchange  Tongue
legendary
I don't understand why BCH's mkt cap is so high.
Transferring coins takes forever. Last time it took like 12hours!

You must have tried to transfer coins while they were waiting for the emergency difficulty adjustments to kick in. Now, the magical mystery miner is being generous, and making sure the blocks come about once every 10 minutes or so. I'm sure the magical mystery miner would love to take a break and let another emergency difficulty adjustment kick in. Unfortunately, the BTC.TOP pool operator won't let that happen. After all we have a flock of hungry vulture miners circling around, just waiting to swoop in when the difficulty goes down enough to make it more profitable than the other chain. Good job, BTC.TOp and magical mystery miner. Thanks for
keeping this network on life support!
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

Market Cap is increasing only because there are only fewer coins in the market and many people are trading it a higher price. Once the coins are increasing the value of BCH will reduce to a normal value. Don't judge before it is in the market due to Bitcoin price the value of BCH will go down.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
am i missing something here...

Since core dont want 2x (which is obvious)

who and why will anyone make segwit2x? lols

Im sure the miners would just say " screw segwit1x,2x,10x ...we just goto bitcoin cash"

Also as i said before, pray segwit/blockstream/core have huge megaaaa mining farms, if the miners leave.
Activity: 109
Activity: 168
"We know the block is full, if you want lower fees or quicker transactions, you should just go to an alt and stop using bitcoin, the devs are way too busy shoving segwit down users/miners throats to worry about scaling and actual growth of the user base"

.....bitcoin cash is born
legendary
^lols, 0.01  are you serious.... Cheesy
never, you have no idea about the demand and esp the supply of this coin.

its going 0.2+ very soon, then a new ath...then we see what happens next  Smiley

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

IMO that attempt is way more legitimate than BCH hardfork. Remember segwit2x got support from most (90%+) miners.

Agreed.  BCH has very little support and will not be mined by many miners except in odd periods of high profitability.  2X has a lot more support.  I will be far more likely to hold on to my 2X than my BCH.  I sold my BCH at 0.2, and I might buy some back at .01.  I recommend all of you who are BCH believers do the same instead of lose 10x your money.  You can hold 10x BCH if you sell now and buy back at .01.  I feel bad for any of you buying this stuff at $500 or higher.  There are actual good coins out there for less than $500 apiece.

None of the arguments in favor of BCH hold any water.  If you want more transaction capacity and lower fees, there are plenty of alts with good track records, good developers, good exchange/merchant support, and decentralized mining.  LTC comes to mind, and DASH is another.  ETH is great as well.  The SHA256 hash function has no greater security than Scrypt or X11 -- it provides no benefit at all.  It is a fact that there is only one miner supporting the vast majority of BCH's hashpower, and that is a major detriment.

The only good thing about BCH is that it has the support of one large SHA256 miner and a few famous Bitcoin personalities.  Other than that, it is a pretty dumb alt.  I much prefer to add transaction capacity by the way that LTC does, by having more/faster blocks.  10 minute blocks with 4x the capacity isn't as good as 2.5 minute blocks.  I do think that LTC is over-valued at the moment, though.  Historically it hangs around 0.01 BTC.  At 0.014 BTC, it is getting expensive in my opinion.  However, with Segwit enabled on LTC for a long time, and testing with Lightning Network, it is possible that it will be possible to do atomic swaps (trades without an exchange) of LTC for BTC.  This will be kind of a holy grail for crypto, the ability to swap from one chain to another without having to trust an exchange.

Speaking of trusting an exchange, this one of the dumbest arguments I've seen in this thread to try to discredit Lightning Network.  "LN = banks!  Just go through an exchange!"  Hello fools!  Exchanges = banks for cryptos.  All of the good/trustworthy exchanges follow KYC (Know Your Customer) laws to prevent money laundering and criminal usage.  Exactly like.... you guessed it, banks!  Exchanges aren't anonymous, LN can be.  Yes, some of it will be used to send money to and from banks... and exchanges.  But it is an open technology that will allow any 2 people to set up a payment chain, even across blockchains.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
Honestly, if people are talking about how great BCH is in comparison then BTC then BTX should also be on people's radars. It can handle 10 times the transactions as even BCH and it is GPU mineable which means people wont have to be dealing with Bitmain which a major plus. It always had segwit and bloom running and it has a great development team. The air drops are great and in November there will be a large air drop that will make investors and early holders quite wealthy. The only negative is that there is not a lot of marketing going on about this coin but it might be the most usable cryptocurrency for actual every day use because the network can handle the throughput of transactions.
legendary
Enjoy  Smiley

At the start, the teacher teaching, the basic fundamentals of the bitcoin concept.  Shocked

He falls ill and people think he's dead. They plan to take over for personal gain.  Cry  Embarrassed  Lips sealed

He finds out people that he taught are planning the exact opposite of what he taught them (no 2nd layers lol)
and is now angry.   Sad  Huh  Embarrassed Cry

Later he goes into his secret lab and begins working where he left off and continues the roadmap. He creates bitcoin cash.
 Wink Tongue

He reveals himself to the world once he is done.  Kiss

His vision is followed through  Smiley   Cool

A Mr P production  Cheesy
Special thanks to Bryan Cranston playing the role of Satoshi Nakamoto.
legendary
Thanks again bones  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Anyone tried this https://blog.btc.com/bitcoin-cash-wallet-for-mobile-grab-it-now-f017957d956e ? Seems very nice but the wallets at the btc.com, they don't give me my private keys there so I can't restore my coins from there into say Electron Cash for example. I'm wondering if this mobile app wallet offer private keys? If anyone tried it or knows?

(Yes, I should try it myself but phone isn't charged. Hoping maybe someone here tested it.)

EDIT: I'm sorry. This question was off-topic. I did not think about it when posting it. My apologies.

EDIT2: Well, half off-topic. I think BCH needed a good wallet and this seems very nice.
Blockchain is working on pushing out a BCH wallet released latest by the end of Oct. I would wait for that if you can afford to do so. BTC.com probably miss the train by not providing their customers with the appropriate private keys.
Activity: 76

legendary
:)cheers bonester ...
sorry i have a few questions if you could maybe give me some feedback.
think this is due to low demand or something else?  what if it doesnt ever go much higher?

also whats your thoughts, could seg/core block satoshis wallet?

I can't comment on the low demand for segwit, thus far. I believe the problem is mostly technical. I know that I have to use the trezor beta wallet if I wanted to start using segwit.
Edit: I think this article explains it. Many wallets haven't fully implemented it. You have to use a command line transaction to do it with Bitcoin Core. What casual user is going to go through the trouble of using command line?  Cheesy https://www.coindesk.com/segwits-slow-rollout-bitcoins-capacity-hasnt-seen-sudden-boost/
Also, neither Bitcoins nor Bitcoin Cash for that matter are truly fungible. So yes, core can hard code censoring these addresses. Very possible. A mining pool can also censor these addresses, and refuse to include any transactions in their particular blocks. Furthermore, exchanges and other vendors can freeze the funds of any inbound transactions, if they feel it is fit. They can also be nice and let you withdraw your coins and give you the boot. Coinbase does this all of the time.
legendary

^thanks for sharing your thoughts  Smiley

2, things please...
you think seg/block could blacklist or stop satoshis wallet?
&
its been almost a week , is there a way to see how many users have moved to segwit addresses?

This web page let's you know exactly how many segwit transactions are in each block. Not many, so far.

http://segwit.5gbfree.com/countsegwit gives count
http://segwit.5gbfree.com/countsegwit.html shows a graph
:)cheers bonester ...
sorry i have a few questions if you could maybe give me some feedback.
think this is due to low demand or something else?  what if it doesnt ever go much higher?

also whats your thoughts, could seg/core block satoshis wallet?
legendary

^thanks for sharing your thoughts  Smiley

2, things please...
you think seg/block could blacklist or stop satoshis wallet?
&
its been almost a week , is there a way to see how many users have moved to segwit addresses?

This web page let's you know exactly how many segwit transactions are in each block. Not many, so far.

http://segwit.5gbfree.com/countsegwit gives count
http://segwit.5gbfree.com/countsegwit.html shows a graph

Edit:Sorry, it does not appear this data is not very up to date. But it is all that I could find.
Jump to: