Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 818. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Why there is a huge price gap of BCH between Bittrex and othere exchanges?
Aren't the buyers  in Bittrex worried the price will drop dramatically once the deposit is activated?

Margin trading might lead to such an issue.
Everyone who had BTC short had also automatically BCC short. Now they have a problem because a cascade due to a short squeeze led to an astonishing increase of BCC.
Probably the short squeeze itself is over but still much pressure to fill the short positions.
Somehow, that was visible before if you had seen the future for BCC. I think there are too few experienced people in this game. They might have learned a lesson.
Opinions?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I sent my bitcoin cash to a BTC address by mistake. Please what do i do. Value is $1000 help me and ill pay you $300

Very Experienced people only

As long as you have the privekey for that address it is a valid BCH address. Just import it from your BTC wallet to your BCH wallet.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Why Bitcoin cash is here. it isn't altcoin. it is bitcoin like bitcoin segwit

That is altcoin look over the network support you can't compare this bitcoin. So that I am quite sure this never be like that innovation because it's clone.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
Block reorg incoming ?

Have a reading here

https://twitter.com/mikerelentless

"
It's possible we'll see a reorganization of the #BitcoinCash chain that has hundreds of new blocks pre-mined by AntPool (#Bitmain). #Bitcoin
"

What is this about?

this guy is reading the declaration bitmain made about what happens if bip 148 activates. it didn't so it's all irrelevant. 'someone else' decided to do the fork anyway so bitmain never did their premine.

OK - so that is history - tx
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

It's a good one.
In general:
Send your BTC to a new address to "save" them and then use the old BTC addresses where the BTC is send from for the new BCC client.

I did:
1. Have all BTC in a Electrum wallet before the fork.
2. Send all BTC from the Electrum Wallet1 to a brand new Electrum Wallet 2 (with new seed!) after the fork.
3. Install Electron BitcoinCash client on a new Computer (yes I bought for 200 bugs a new convertible)
4. Copy your old empty BTC wallet to the new computer with the Electron Client and open this Electrum Wallet with the Electron client -> you have your new BCC available for whatever you want.
5. Send your BCC to any other BCC address and go on holiday or wait frustrated several hours until the first confirmation.
😭    
@hashwomen
Well this is the smartest post ever thankyou your the best
[/quote]
why do you have to use a new  computer if  you have sent BTC to a new wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Block reorg incoming ?

Have a reading here

"
It's possible we'll see a reorganization of the #BitcoinCash chain that has hundreds of new blocks pre-mined by AntPool (#Bitmain). #Bitcoin
"

What is this about?

this guy is reading the declaration bitmain made about what happens if bip 148 activates. it didn't so it's all irrelevant. 'someone else' decided to do the fork anyway so bitmain never did their premine because the first part of 2x was in the bag by then.

if he can't figure that out he shouldn't be tweeting.
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
Aren't the buyers  in Bittrex worried the price will drop dramatically once the deposit is activated?

For proper arbitrage you need proper send times ....
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale

SO should rename this foorum into segwaittalk.org

Grin
Activity: 724
Merit: 504

It's a good one.
In general:
Send your BTC to a new address to "save" them and then use the old BTC addresses where the BTC is send from for the new BCC client.

I did:
1. Have all BTC in a Electrum wallet before the fork.
2. Send all BTC from the Electrum Wallet1 to a brand new Electrum Wallet 2 (with new seed!) after the fork.
3. Install Electron BitcoinCash client on a new Computer (yes I bought for 200 bugs a new convertible)
4. Copy your old empty BTC wallet to the new computer with the Electron Client and open this Electrum Wallet with the Electron client -> you have your new BCC available for whatever you want.
5. Send your BCC to any other BCC address and go on holiday or wait frustrated several hours until the first confirmation.
😭    
[/quote]
@hashwomen
Well this is the smartest post ever thankyou your the best
hv_
legendary
Clean Code and Scale
Block reorg incoming ?

Have a reading here

"
"

What is this about?
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Hi, please help me...

Trying to import my private keys of BTC wallet into Electron Cash but nothing comes in balance...

I had a BTC Armory wallet 1 containing my BTC on 26th July. I exported the private keys. I now have 4 private keys for this wallet, like "5J...........................cA"

First u can look here to see your bch
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks
or
http://blockdozer.com/insight/
and perhaps this one is helpful
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062488.new
but there stand nothing about armory

Thank you.

I check on blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/blocks , to find the Tx ID, so now, I have these info :

On 1st August I moved my BTC to a new Armory wallet 2, about this transaction, Armory tells me the Lock-Time is Block 478557 and that the Tx is included in Block 478558. I exported the private key (one, for this wallet). The Tx is listed in BTC chain explorer AND in BCH chain explorer.

Later on 1st August, I moved my BTC from wallet 2 to a new Armory wallet 3, about this transaction, Armory tells me the Lock-Time is Block 478589 and that the Tx is included in Block 478591. I exported the private keys (two, for this wallet). The Tx is listed in BTC chain explorer but NOT in BCH chain explorer.

If I understand well, BCH blockchain after fork did not see my BTC moving from wallet 2 into wallet 3, and still believe my BTC are in this wallet ?

So, I suppose I must use the private key of wallet 2 to discover my BCH in a BCH wallet, right ?

So, if I understand well, I must import the private key from wallet 2 into Electron ?
I did it, but no BCC in balance.

I also tried to Sweep the privates key in Electron, still nothing.

Electron is configured to NOT Select server automatically, Proxy tab is set to Use SSL and NONE, and Server tab set to use server electroncash.cascharia.com at port 50002, it says :
Connected to 10 nodes
Blockchain : 478588 blocks
Chain split detected at block 478559
Your server is on branch 651ef99cb9 (30 blocks)

Help ! :-)

To import a private key, you only need to paste "5J...........................cA", nothing else, right ?

Thank you very much

Change server to:
electrum-abc.criptolayer.net
Few members, including me have used this server with success.
I was having the same issue, zero @ balance until above server come in to play.
Maybe it will also help in your case. 

Thank you

But it did not solve the problem :-(
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Part of the reason so many are against it is because it now shows it can be forked easily and opens the door for others to now follow the same trend effectively paving the way for 5, 10 whatever versions.

Feel free to fork off Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Article written by a paid baboon. Shameful display of the lack of intelligence with imbeciles supporting the BCash/BCH shitcoin.

Use your brain before posting. The reason for that is because deposits are disabled. As soon as they fix their system, this shitcoin will be dumped.
can  not agree more .
BCC is totally shitcoin ! it worth nothing .
i will buy it 50 $ /peer or lower
Even at $50 per BCH, this crap is overvalued. There is:
1) No reason for this to exist.
2) No adoption / use case for this.
3) It's essentially a premined scam.
4) The code/wallets are largely unreviewed and untested.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
Why pays bittrex buyer 0.22 BTC? ....everyone can buy for 0.098 BTC on hitbtc.com

you can't get bcash in or out of bittrex so there's no point buying it anywhere else.

by the time you can move coins freely the price will have equalised and collapsed anyway. they're exploiting these markets while they last.

they're not buying at 0.22 with the expectation of holding. they want to flip it while the price holds.
Agreed.
The only reason the price of bitcoin cash stays that high is that most of the people who wants to sell are not able to, most of the exchanges are blocking bcc deposits, and those who accept, requires a large amount of confirmations on the network which is pretty hard to achieve.

We can only wait to see what happens.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Yea finally picking up but still highly centralised

Part of the reason so many are against it is because it now shows it can be forked easily and opens the door for others to now follow the same trend effectively paving the way for 5, 10 whatever versions.

Fair enough it may not happen and even though ive bashed on this loads I still would rather have this than the 1000s of other alts that have been appearing of late and getting out of hand lets just hope that a new trend of just forking bitcoin does not happen.

I am still unsure if I will support this bitcoin for me will still be number 1 and the only other alt I own is etherium and thats because I can mine it with GPUs but it all just gets converted to bitcoin.

this is far from the first. i'm not sure why it's so much more visible than the others, maybe because it's a straightforward copy and paste with a couple of tweaks and has some chinese backing. plus it hijacked the existing fork talk. it was very acutely timed.

The only way this was able to struggle through was some big miners donating hash, this is more like Bitcoin China than Bitcoin cash to me.  The reality is Bitcoin kind of is a Chinese coin anyway considering that is where most of the hash comes from.  I like the idea of big blocks, it is SIMPLE instead of all these crazy off chain solutions.  I think once everything calms down I will end up own some of this coin because not dealing with core devs and the grid locking of transactions will be a positive thing.

But first BCH still has a ways to go before I would call it stable.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Why pays bittrex buyer 0.22 BTC? ....everyone can buy for 0.098 BTC on hitbtc.com

you can't get bcash in or out of bittrex so there's no point buying it anywhere else.

by the time you can move coins freely the price will have equalised and collapsed anyway. they're exploiting these markets while they last.

they're not buying at 0.22 with the expectation of holding. they want to flip it while the price holds.

But the buyer can move his BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
you can trade just can't withdraw/deposit yet. block are taking long should start speeding up a bit now the difficulty has adjusted. they have to wait to make sure miners mine it. viabtc is letting you deposit but I have been waiting forever for confirmations. Good thing is they let you trade with just 1 confirmation but you can't withdraw till you get 20. 

But reality is a bit different, then it's written on their website.
They writing it should be deposited after one block,
but no, no. Already sent 12 blocks before, still zero confirmation on their site,
so be careful with them.

ViaBTC does allow trade after 1 but confirmation, not a block.
While sending BCC from Electron and choosing the fee you can see hints how many blocks it would take to get the tx confirmed.
I chose the fee to get it with 1 block and see my BCC on the exchange with the next block found
Jump to: