Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 822. (Read 704387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Hi!

Did anyone sucessfully install the bitcoinABC wallet (link from post 1) and is in full sync? I installed it on a newly installed linux vm (no other wallets are around there) and syncing now. Anyone claimed their BCH with this wallet sucessully?

Thanks Smiley

It is still syncing... it takes longer than kill a pig by kisses Angry

168k block still to go here. no prob Smiley maybe a few hours.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Hi!

Did anyone sucessfully install the bitcoinABC wallet (link from post 1) and is in full sync? I installed it on a newly installed linux vm (no other wallets are around there) and syncing now. Anyone claimed their BCH with this wallet sucessully?

Thanks Smiley

It is still syncing... it takes longer than kill a pig by kisses Angry
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001
Hi!

Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I know the blockchain is like 150GB, but if you start the sync how much bandwidth will it use? Still 150GB or is it compressed somehow?

actually it's less than 130 giga, and it's like you are downloading 130 giga from the web yes
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Both also use the same data directories name - so you would have to write a script to start each one with their own dedicated blockchain and data directories.

You can use the --datadir=/path/to/chain command line switch instead of scripting, both for the bitcoind daemon and the bitcoin-cli command. Be careful with the cookie and access rights though, especially on a multi-user user.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Can I run a bitcoinabc wallet and a core wallet on the same server?
Yes, if used one at a time - because they use the same port (8333).

Both also use the same data directories name - so you would have to write a script to start each one with their own dedicated blockchain and data directories.

Thanks - I guess that's why I see the ABC wallet connect to Core peers?  Any way to avoid that?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Can I run a bitcoinabc wallet and a core wallet on the same server?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
coinomi wallet added bitcash
is it ok?
anyone test it ?

yes work fine

can you import private key from another wallet or just we can use 12 words seed?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I know the blockchain is like 150GB, but if you start the sync how much bandwidth will it use? Still 150GB or is it compressed somehow?

legendary
Activity: 1250
Merit: 1004
pool.sexy
is it ok?
anyone test it ?

yes work fine
Activity: 65
is it ok?
anyone test it ?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
Where can I find a bootstrap for ABC Wallet? It takes too long to sync  Huh
Activity: 724
Merit: 504
okay wallet abc is good just needed to start over again and delete peers
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
blocks arrive faster meaning there are enough hash there, so it's not a bad thing

In general, yes, but due to the qwirky nature of REQ-7, there was a brief window of opportunity to reduce difficulty by an extra 20-60% over the next few blocks.  By mining just a little bit too quickly, we missed that opportunity and will likely have to work our way through 786 blocks at the higher difficulty until the next retarget.

It would have been far more profitable for Bitcoin Cash miners if they'd have just paused for three hours or so.  This would also have given us significantly faster blocks for a week.

Technically, we could still catch the tail end of this opportunity, but it would require us to go a couple of hours without seeing a block.  We can't really expect this at what is now 50% difficulty but maybe we'll get lucky.
Unfortunately, it looks like we'll only get the six drops before the usual retarget event.

Height
Activity: 84
I sent my bitcoin cash to a BTC address by mistake. Please what do i do. Value is $1000 help me and ill pay you $300

Very Experienced people only

How was the BTC address generated?  Was this a deposit address on an exchange?
Barring future dishonest timestamping, we missed the chance for seven difficulty drops in a row by mining block #478577 just 53 minutes too soon.  We can still hope for a seventh difficulty drop with the following block (#478583) by hoping that the next block (#478578) doesn't arrive before 04:38:19 UTC.

Height
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Go Big or Go Home
Now its reached to $473.35. Its price increase and decrease with bitcoin price, I've seen this.
Activity: 38
I sent my bitcoin cash to a BTC address by mistake. Please what do i do. Value is $1000 help me and ill pay you $300

Very Experienced people only
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org