Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 856. (Read 704387 times)

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
It seems that Coinomi supports Bitcoin Cash:
So if you want to try:
- Install Coinomi on your mobile phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coinomi.wallet
- Add the Bitcoin Cash wallet on it
- Select balance
- Click on the 3 dots on the upper right and choose "import wallet"
- Insert your private keys where you should own your bitcoin cash (where you had bitcoin before the fork)
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Healing Galing
why bcc price in yobit is much higher?
A lot of noobs and trolls in yobit push the price high. I never trust that exchange, EVER!. Bigger exchange always have the more stable and lower price.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

when coins are first 'released' theres usually quite a lot of discrepancy between exchanges until people find the proper level.

you get some anomalies

Is Yobit a reliable exchange?
I never used it before.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
my tx is unconfirmed for about an hour now and there were only 21 transactions in the last block. anyone have any idea what it's all up to?

Your BCH tx?

If so, it's probably because the low hashrate of its network, just few miners confirming the transactions.

Most exchanges in maintenance, I think it's too soon to sell ours BCHs.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
my tx is unconfirmed for about an hour now and there were only 21 transactions in the last block. anyone have any idea what it's all up to?
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
One question... which is the best light wallet for BCH in your opinion?... In which one do you trust? (And please, don't say me NONE)  Wink
Electron Cash is the only lightwallet at the moment, but it's closed source so i'm not really sure about
it, one thing you could do to be on the safe side is use a different pc and send your btc to another address before importing
your private key to electron cash.

Electron Cash is not closed source. Why do you lie?

I used the Electron Cash wallet, worked fine. Obviously I took the necessary precautions beforehand so my BTCs were never at risk. I suppose potentially my BCH could have been compromised as I had to submit my private key, though I now have the bch stored in a fresh wallet with new keys. I just need to find an exchange accepting deposits now.
Check out bittrex. More and more people are dumping their BCC there right now. Not so sure if it was accepting deposits as of the moment. My bitcoin core wallet hasn't fully sync yet so i can't do a test. It's been listed their 3 hours ago.

Bittrex wallet says it's still going under maintenance for both BTC & BCC I doubt you'd be able to deposit atm, just trade
Activity: 483

when coins are first 'released' theres usually quite a lot of discrepancy between exchanges until people find the proper level.

you get some anomalies
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
One question... which is the best light wallet for BCH in your opinion?... In which one do you trust? (And please, don't say me NONE)  Wink
Electron Cash is the only lightwallet at the moment, but it's closed source so i'm not really sure about
it, one thing you could do to be on the safe side is use a different pc and send your btc to another address before importing

I used the Electron Cash wallet, worked fine. Obviously I took the necessary precautions beforehand so my BTCs were never at risk. I suppose potentially my BCH could have been compromised as I had to submit my private key, though I now have the bch stored in a fresh wallet with new keys. I just need to find an exchange accepting deposits now.
Check out bittrex. More and more people are dumping their BCC there right now. Not so sure if it was accepting deposits as of the moment. My bitcoin core wallet hasn't fully sync yet so i can't do a test. It's been listed their 3 hours ago.

Yeah no deposits yet unfortunately.
Healing Galing

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Healing Galing
To my understanding, i can have BCC too using the bitcoin core wallet right? Syncing my wallet now.

As long as you held the private key to where your BTC was stored when the fork happened you hold BCC
Yeah. I read theymos thread about it and i just noticed the announcement that everything is clear. Thanks again.
Activity: 559
This coin has more promise than people here seem to believe. I actually hope it gets dumped heavily initially, so that I can accumulate. I think we can go lower than 250 if everyone who threatened to dump immediately follows through...
Activity: 951
To my understanding, i can have BCC too using the bitcoin core wallet right? Syncing my wallet now.

As long as you held the private key to where your BTC was stored when the fork happened you hold BCC
Healing Galing
Activity: 952
Merit: 552
Activity: 106
Merit: 14
so is there a time limit to claim?

Im guessing safest way from btc core wallet.

Create a new wallet - move all btc there.  Then get private keys from old holding wallet and input them in bch/bcc wallet.

I will wait a few days before doing this of course.

What can go wrong? i mean if all your btc are locked down in a new wallet how can it be risky to send your old private keys from your old holding wallet to bcc/bch?

No time limit. Assets are copied. Same inheritance.

You can move any bitcoin to any newly-generated address at any time. It will have a new private key that has never been generated before.. Any transaction that happens post fork, will only be recorded on the respective blockchain.

Though you can do it, I do not recommend using the same newly generated bitcoin address on both BTC and BCC(H). Each chain will maintain the new balance separate. But you would be asking for trouble at this stage. Now that there are these two chains, they inherit the trustworthiness of their originators.

I do not trust some of the motivations of this Hard-Fork.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
presumably we can create a paper wallet with bitaddress.org?

i'm gonna dump some and keep the rest.

Yes a bit address wallet works great for storing them
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
On Yobit now is 0.14 btc
BTC -5%
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

Trading is underway at Bittrex, yes, but they're not accepting Bitcoin Cash deposits yet.  Neither is Kraken.

Little wonder the Bitcoin Cash price is holding up -- the Bitcoin Cash that originated from non-exchange-held Bitcoin is so far barred from being sent to, and sold on, the major exchanges.
Jump to: