Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again - page 119. (Read 153236 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10
Will start Sunday or Monday! 7PM!

11/11/2017!!! Good date or?

Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I didn't think it would take them so long to launch the coin. There could be some missing deadlines, you can't figure out from the begining, but it is almost 2 weeks later and we still know shit.... Doesn't look good at all (if it ever looked good).

There is nothing wrong with excessive testing it is a good thing last thing you want is having to do a hard fork shortly afterwards like Bcash is having to do just to fix a issue that should have been found during a testing phase
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I didn't think it would take them so long to launch the coin. There could be some missing deadlines, you can't figure out from the begining, but it is almost 2 weeks later and we still know shit.... Doesn't look good at all (if it ever looked good).
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Thanks for the quick reply

Another question:   I have my bitcoin in mycelium wallet now.   Do you think it would be more convenient to transfer them to the other wallet I have - coinomi - so as to separate the two coins more easily?
Should I do that now or later?
Avoid the risk of losing your btc. 
There is replay protection, but why take a chance?  Before you do anything, move the btc to a new address you control. 
The BTG will still be in the old address; when the mainnet comes on line, you will be able to sweep the private keys from that old address, which has BTG but no BTC, into Coinomi.

I always treat any fork as if there was no replay protection and would advise everyone to do the same because then when a fork does happen without like B2X you will already be prepared and not do something stupid by accident.

I moved all my BTC to a paper wallet a couple of days before the snapshot and them moved them all back to my trezor a couple of days after so now all the paper wallet has on it it BTG and these will be transferred to the trezor after mainnet is active and trezor support BTG

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

Another question:   I have my bitcoin in mycelium wallet now.   Do you think it would be more convenient to transfer them to the other wallet I have - coinomi - so as to separate the two coins more easily?
Avoid the risk of losing your btc. 
There is replay protection, but why take a chance?  Before you do anything, move the btc to a new address you control. 
The BTG will still be in the old address; when the mainnet comes on line, you will be able to sweep the private keys from that old address, which has BTG but no BTC, into Coinomi.
Activity: 78
This is the popular coin but with a lot of uncertainty... No exact date of mining started, and weird case is no mainnet wallet yet, but yobit have it listed?

Have you bought any futures yet or are you waiting
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX
This is the popular coin but with a lot of uncertainty... No exact date of mining started, and weird case is no mainnet wallet yet, but yobit have it listed?
Is it me or does something feel "off" about all this???

Its not only you, its 99% of the community that has the same feeling about this :p

I'm totally new to this space but my thoughts are:

Bitcoin gold isn't a beautifully polished presentation with a glossy website.  People expect to see this as the de facto nowadays.   Without the glossy marketing people think that it must be a scam.   Often the best restaurants are mom and pop joints - maybe don't have the best location like McDonalds but they do have the best food.  Don't judge a book by it's cover, all that shines is not gold etc..etc

However, one thing for sure is that all most successful  scams - banking system, Clinton, pyramid selling always have the best looking brochures!   Maybe these guys are just trying to do something good and really are not into wasting their efforts on advertising.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Its not only you, its 99% of the community that has the same feeling about this :p
@cbcbct

As far as I know this will happen when btg gets launched on the main net.  Same time that you will actually see the coins.  

There is a testnet running at the moment to test whether the mining system works without problems.  From what I've read, it is encouraging.  You can test your miner on here but you will not get any monetary valued coins.  Only test coins.

The launch seems to be quite imminent but, cough, who can say Smiley

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Simple question.   Can someone tell me the address for the official bitcoin gold website.
I've read that bitcoingold.org was a fake AND then I read that btggpu.org was a fake.   Now if I type btggpu I get directed to bitcoingold?HuhHuh?
Thanks for helping
https://bitcoingold.org/
Simple question.   Can someone tell me the address for the official bitcoin gold website.
I've read that bitcoingold.org was a fake AND then I read that btggpu.org was a fake.   Now if I type btggpu I get directed to bitcoingold?HuhHuh?
Thanks for helping
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I have bitcoin on my blockchain wallet and bittrex account. But i dont get BTG because they dont support BTG, But my friend put their btc on yobit and hitbtc they get BTG. I dont know why bittrex dont support BTG.

I feel your pain brother Sad
I had Bitcoin on Bittrex when the fork happened and I am still waiting for Bittrex to give me the Bitcoin Gold they said they would.
I've a feeling they are waiting until a secure wallet and replay protection has been sorted.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I have bitcoin on my blockchain wallet and bittrex account. But i dont get BTG because they dont support BTG, But my friend put their btc on yobit and hitbtc they get BTG. I dont know why bittrex dont support BTG.
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I simply want to know how people are mining now at testnet without a wallet  Huh

I never try  on testnet, but I think some pools do require registration for mining, then fill coin address later, so maybe they use such pool software for the testnet.

A wallet is not needed to mine on the testnet, you can use one of the wallet addresses at the pool below.
You can test your Bitcoin Gold miner here  http://btcg.miningspeed.com/ to see what sort of hashrate and BTG returns you'll get.
You don't need to register just configure your miner, stick in one of the test addresses and start mining, it works, I've tried it.

BTG Calculator, https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-calculator/
Activity: 1344
Merit: 252
I simply want to know how people are mining now at testnet without a wallet  Huh

I never try  on testnet, but I think some pools do require registration for mining, then fill coin address later, so maybe they use such pool software for the testnet.
Looks like its out-of-wallet mining.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252
Jump to: