Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitfury is looking for alpha-testers of first chips! FREE MONEY HERE! - page 10. (Read 176671 times)

KNK
Activity: 692
Merit: 502
It is recommended not to leave floating inputs, so you should add a resistor on MISO, but this is not your (only) problem.

For chainmainer there are some definitions in miner.h which you should set according to your board or it will cycle for MAXCHIPS which is 256 by default

You may also try Legkodymov's cgminer fork, but there are also some settings to configure (in butfury-config.h) before compiling
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Activity: 66
Hey,

Can someone explain this:

pi@bitfury ~ $ sudo /opt/bitfury/start-miner-console.sh
INIT: 256 chips detected
chip 2 programmed
JOB 1 PROCESSED 0.001 sec [nonces:0, errors:0, spi:1 miso:3] (queue:0)
chip 3 programmed
JOB 2 PROCESSED 0.001 sec [nonces:0, errors:0, spi:130 miso:21] (queue:0)
chip 4 programmed
JOB 3 PROCESSED 0.009 sec [nonces:0, errors:1359, spi:1 miso:16] (queue:0)
chip 5 programmed
JOB 4 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1337, spi:1 miso:39] (queue:0)
chip 6 programmed
JOB 5 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1309, spi:1 miso:50] (queue:0)
chip 7 programmed
JOB 6 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1291, spi:1 miso:55] (queue:0)
chip 8 programmed
JOB 7 PROCESSED 0.008 sec [nonces:0, errors:1434, spi:1 miso:47] (queue:0)
chip 9 programmed
JOB 8 PROCESSED 0.008 sec [nonces:0, errors:1464, spi:1 miso:48] (queue:0)
chip 10 programmed
JOB 9 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1319, spi:1 miso:58] (queue:0)
chip 11 programmed
JOB 10 PROCESSED 0.008 sec [nonces:0, errors:1424, spi:1 miso:49] (queue:0)
chip 12 programmed
JOB 11 PROCESSED 0.009 sec [nonces:0, errors:1319, spi:1 miso:58] (queue:0)
chip 13 programmed
JOB 12 PROCESSED 0.009 sec [nonces:0, errors:1521, spi:1 miso:51] (queue:0)
chip 14 programmed
JOB 13 PROCESSED 0.006 sec [nonces:0, errors:1221, spi:1 miso:50] (queue:0)
chip 15 programmed
JOB 14 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1345, spi:1 miso:47] (queue:0)
chip 16 programmed
JOB 15 PROCESSED 0.007 sec [nonces:0, errors:1427, spi:1 miso:44] (queue:0)
chip 17 programmed
JOB 16 PROCESSED 0.008 sec [nonces:0, errors:1378, spi:1 miso:47] (queue:0)
chip 18 programmed
JOB 17 PROCESSED 0.010 sec [nonces:0, errors:1409, spi:1 miso:54] (queue:0)

It's one chip mounted on board ... i don't get any hashes etc ...

There is no resistor on miso to gnd atm

core voltage 0.79v

iovdd 1.82v

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
Does anyone have a multi-chip board working stably on a 2-layer PCB?

I'm just about done on my 8 chip PCB design, but I'm wondering whether I really need to add a couple more layers for VDD & GND. At the moment I have >90% planes on the top and back sides, so I'm tempted to just try 2-layer, but the cost and turn around time of getting it wrong and having to respin are making me tempted to chicken out and go for the more expensive 4-layer option straight away!

Ginger - I got the NanoFury on a single layer Smiley
The entire back side is just GND. I am dealing with one chip though. 

With some manual routing I think I could fit a bunch of chips the same way and keep the back clean from any tracks. Maybe that will cost a few 0 ohm resistors to do act as a "bridge", but that's very likely going to be cheaper than a 4-layer board.

Thanks - well, that's one vote for 2-layer Smiley

Here is how my board looks like:

(ignore the 4 pins that appear to stick out - they're not there.  I couldn't find a proper 3D model for a surface-mount connector and used the through-hole one)

Very nice and clean - these really are simple chips to work with - thanks Bitfury!  Smiley

Very nice chips indeed! And incredibly hard to kill too! Truly awesome design!

And you could only imagine how many months of hard work we could've saved if there was also just any kind of documentation ... Oh well, I guess we can't have everything Smiley

I'm just about done on my 8 chip PCB design, but I'm wondering whether I really need to add a couple more layers for VDD & GND. At the moment I have >90% planes on the top and back sides, so I'm tempted to just try 2-layer, but the cost and turn around time of getting it wrong and having to respin are making me tempted to chicken out and go for the more expensive 4-layer option straight away!

With some manual routing I think I could fit a bunch of chips the same way and keep the back clean from any tracks. Maybe that will cost a few 0 ohm resistors to do act as a "bridge", but that's very likely going to be cheaper than a 4-layer board.

(ignore the 4 pins that appear to stick out - they're not there.  I couldn't find a proper 3D model for a surface-mount connector and used the through-hole one)

Very nice and clean - these really are simple chips to work with - thanks Bitfury!  Smiley

Any reason you're going to swap to 4-layers once you've proved that your 2-layer prototypes work? I'm looking at about a 70% price hike to go to 4-layer rather than 2 for my boards...

I am building custom heatsink too, so i want to avoid any traces on bottom layer, even vias will end at mid layer 2. that is the only reason i will jump to 4 layer board.

Hmm, so you're going for 4-layers with blind vias? Who's fabbing your boards, and what's the cost premium on that? Wouldn't it be simpler/cheaper to just do all over backside solder mask, including the vias?  Huh

Good luck with debugging your prototype - have you got the rest of the chain where your other chips would usually be tied off properly - I think you probably need to tie off OUTMOSI (or OUTMISO - whichever is the INPUT) so that you don't get crap injected into your SPI chain.
vs3

Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Can anybody tell me which cgminer to use with single and/or chained bitfury chips on raspberrypi gpio ports ?

My boards are finished everything works fine but when i solder one chip on board and start chainminer it detects 256 chips and nothing happens. cgminer 3.5.0 dont detect chip at all ...

Here are some pics of finished 2 layer boards ( for testing only ) final will be 4 layer ...

Cheers,

Any reason you're going to swap to 4-layers once you've proved that your 2-layer prototypes work? I'm looking at about a 70% price hike to go to 4-layer rather than 2 for my boards...

I am building custom heatsink too, so i want to avoid any traces on bottom layer, even vias will end at mid layer 2. that is the only reason i will jump to 4 layer board. and my prototype not working yet, i am not sure why, chainminer detect chip (i think)  Cheesy , when i start chainminer with 1 chip on module i get message 256 chips detected but not hashing or anything, when i start it without module i get 0 chips detected  ...

And at the moment having troubles with legkodymov cgminer. i just cant compile it. i am using same method as for ckolivas cgminer but with no success  Angry

Ckolivas cgminer is working with just:

clone git

go to cgminer folder

./autogen.sh --enable-bitfury

make

Undecided
Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Can anybody tell me which cgminer to use with single and/or chained bitfury chips on raspberrypi gpio ports ?

My boards are finished everything works fine but when i solder one chip on board and start chainminer it detects 256 chips and nothing happens. cgminer 3.5.0 dont detect chip at all ...

Here are some pics of finished 2 layer boards ( for testing only ) final will be 4 layer ...

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Cheers,
Did you start raspi with image from Dave or Punin thread  ?
Cgminer required compilation with parameters --enable-bitfury

More info here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-bitfury-miner-supporttuning-287590

Hi,

yes i used V1 image from dave's thread, and then i compiled cgminer with --enable-bitfury on arch linux.

i didn't try anything else yet but i recheck all connection 5x and everything is ok, i change the chip and still the same ...

Does chainminer can work with 1 chip Huh

Cheers,
You use lvl shifter from 3V3 on raspi to 1V8 for BF chip on SPI bus ?
If you have chip connected in chain, make sure the last chip have  MISO signal tied 1k ohm to GND.
No matter how many chip you have in chain for miner software. You can work with 1 up to xx chip in chain.

Yes, i am using txb0104 on spi bus, and i have only one chip mounted on board at the moment ...

So the chainminer should work with one chip too ? and up to 256 in chain ?

Does anybody have rpi connector diagram for V2 M boards ?
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Cheers,

More info here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-bitfury-miner-supporttuning-287590

Hi,

yes i used V1 image from dave's thread, and then i compiled cgminer with --enable-bitfury on arch linux.

i didn't try anything else yet but i recheck all connection 5x and everything is ok, i change the chip and still the same ...

Cheers,
You use lvl shifter from 3V3 on raspi to 1V8 for BF chip on SPI bus ?
If you have chip connected in chain, make sure the last chip have  MISO signal tied 1k ohm to GND.
No matter how many chip you have in chain for miner software. You can work with 1 up to xx chip in chain.

Thanks,

i will try it now, does it need to be compiled or just cloned ?

KNK
Activity: 692
Merit: 502
Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Cheers,

Hi,

Cheers,
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Nice to be here again,

Cheers,
vs3

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
speed:1257 noncerate[GH/s]:53.386 (2.224/chip) hashrate[GH/s]:55.205 good:3729 errors:205 spi-err:2 miso-err:0 jobs:297 cores:97% good:23 bad:1 off:0 (best[GH/s]:54.360) Sun Sep 29 05:45:42 2013
0:   825   33.086   34.637   2311   138   2   0   15   1   0   (2.068/chip)   95%
4:   432   20.301   20.569   1418   67   0   0   8   0   0   (2.538/chip)   100%

Not bad for my first attempt at (re)drawing a PCB =P

It's working! What are your plans for this board? Manufacture it, opensource it, both maybe?
Pages:
Jump to: