Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitfury is looking for alpha-testers of first chips! FREE MONEY HERE! - page 9. (Read 176671 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Hi guys, I am trying to bring up my own board design, I have 0.8VDD, 1.8V IOVDD and 0.9V IOREF, but I just seem to get all '1's out of the SPI.

Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Cheers.

Start by sending the RESET sequence - you should see it also on the OUT pins (as it is being relayed by the chips).

What you use for 0.8 vdd ? I had huge problems with some regs. Everything was fine when mesaure voltages but hole thing was not working at all.

Cheers,

Uhmm ... 0.8V ? Smiley

Actually the regulator I'm using is adjustable (from 0.8min) and I've tested with 0.8-0.88V and works pretty nicely.
Also - to get "the whole thing" working you may want to start in small incrementals. First get the voltage levels right, then check that your SPI communication is actually sending and receiving stuff (the easiest test is to do a loopback and see if you receive what you send), then test the RESET sequence - once you see all that working then move to the "getting the whole thing working" phase.

In my case VDD=0.82V, IOREF=VDD, IOVDD=1.8V

Ohh, my "whole thing" is working now  Grin i am just sharing information here if i can help somehow.

I am waiting 2nd version pcb's to arrive. I will post some pics here when i finish everything. And i hope that everything will work  Grin

I'm glad one of us is having better luck - my rpi ate my CPLD and I seem to have melted the board reworking it Sad

Time to build another and pop it in the toaster oven I think!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I forgot to post here
Here are pictures of our 16 chip design of the HEX borad - HEX16B

Activity: 66
Hi guys, I am trying to bring up my own board design, I have 0.8VDD, 1.8V IOVDD and 0.9V IOREF, but I just seem to get all '1's out of the SPI.

Cheers.

Start by sending the RESET sequence - you should see it also on the OUT pins (as it is being relayed by the chips).

What you use for 0.8 vdd ? I had huge problems with some regs. Everything was fine when mesaure voltages but hole thing was not working at all.

Cheers,

Uhmm ... 0.8V ? Smiley

Actually the regulator I'm using is adjustable (from 0.8min) and I've tested with 0.8-0.88V and works pretty nicely.
Also - to get "the whole thing" working you may want to start in small incrementals. First get the voltage levels right, then check that your SPI communication is actually sending and receiving stuff (the easiest test is to do a loopback and see if you receive what you send), then test the RESET sequence - once you see all that working then move to the "getting the whole thing working" phase.

Ohh, my "whole thing" is working now  Grin i am just sharing information here if i can help somehow.

I am waiting 2nd version pcb's to arrive. I will post some pics here when i finish everything. And i hope that everything will work  Grin
vs3
Activity: 622

Cheers.

Cheers,

Uhmm ... 0.8V ? Smiley

Cheers.

Cheers,
vs3

Cheers.
Probably a stupid question, but do you use a level shifter?

Not a stupid question - I have a CPLD in there to do the 1.8  <--> 3.3v translation and to allow me to do things like pin-swapping in case I stuffed the PCB up Wink

CPLD?!? Yeah, that is indeed nuts Smiley

Cheers.

Not a stupid question - I have a CPLD in there to do the 1.8  <--> 3.3v translation and to allow me to do things like pin-swapping in case I stuffed the PCB up Wink
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
i thought i was to late dam I have evything except the asic chip that I just cannot afford now can any one be kind enough to donate me one
KNK
Activity: 692
Merit: 502

Cheers.

Cheers.

Thanks - I'll give that a go Smiley
vs3

Cheers.

Cheers.
Activity: 518
Some chips have bad hashing cores and can't perform any better than that no matter what you do.

Thanks, I guess its RMA for me then...
KNK
Some chips have bad hashing cores and can't perform any better than that no matter what you do.
Activity: 518
hi guys, I`ve just got a bitfury based miner, and one ofthe chips only hashs at .5 to 1gh.  the manufacturer says i can send back for a replacement, but is there anything I can do to increase the hash rate that isn`t too complicated just increase that one chips rate?

Thanks
KNK
You are about 4 months late.
There are no more free chip samples - you buy chips from the store now, in order to test your design.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I would Like to Apply to Be a Tester
I have experience with C coding
I have experience with raspberry pi
I have soldering qualification j standard recognized worldwide + over 5 years experience soldering
I have a good knowledge on hacking
I have got all the supplies and tools to create a test jig and then develop my own boards
I have access to industrial reflow machines and a huge amount of other tools used in the electrical industry
I have sufficient knowledge to debug and produce a quality asic board
I would love to have the opportunity to test a chip before I proceed to plunge money into bitfury asic and also release open source designs
Has anyone got spitest working on a beaglebone black?
KNK
I haven't looked thoroughly the chainminer code neither i have looked at your board design, so may be wrong, but it seems chainminer uses GPIO pins to select banks (spi_reset in spidev.c). so if your design uses different pins you need to change them.

The cgminer code uses either just 1 bank (with BITFURY_NEEDBMW_NOMUX defined) or I2C multiplexers (if BITFURY_METABANK is defined) to select banks. I am working on adding GPIO bank selection in my fork and when done the changes will be probably merged back to Legkodymov's cgminer, so you may use my fork or Legkodymov's with BITFURY_NEEDBMW_NOMUX defined for a single bank, single chip.

From your output it seems like there is no bank selection made and your chip is detected multiple times, so either you don't have that on your board or it is not working properly i.e. your bank is always selected
It is recommended not to leave floating inputs, so you should add a resistor on MISO, but this is not your (only) problem.

For chainmainer there are some definitions in miner.h which you should set according to your board or it will cycle for MAXCHIPS which is 256 by default

You may also try Legkodymov's cgminer fork, but there are also some settings to configure (in butfury-config.h) before compiling

Hi,

i added resistor now,

on my design i have 10 chip modules and 12 modules goes on 1 "M" board. so its a 120 chips total.

But now i am trying to hash with 1-2 chips only.

i am using V1 image for raspi, so if i put 16 chip on board ( one full board and second board with just 6 chips ) that should work with default settings in miner.h ?

for cgminer do you know what need to be changed in bitfury-config.h ( software is my bad side  Grin )

Cheers,
Pages:
Jump to: