Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitfury is looking for alpha-testers of first chips! FREE MONEY HERE! - page 4. (Read 176664 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Put me in too, i have a few H-cards left and a Volcraft 3000 power meter to see how it behaves power wise. Smiley
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting
Would love to beta test Smiley

Have over 8000 pcs of rev1 IC up Smiley
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
The new bitfury chip will have the same pinout?
Our rev2 55nm chip is in the same 7mm punch-type QFN48 package with identical pinout to the rev1 55nm (summer 2013).

There will be improvement in Ghash/s?

Yes. Our preliminary tests show 25% increase in hashrate and 25% lower power consumption. We will receive new chips tomorrow and will have samples available to developers.

Do you plan sell bare chips ?

Yes, but this engineering batch will not be sold in big quantities. It's for evaluation purposes.
Please add me for few samples. I think 16 pcs be enough.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Our rev2 55nm chip is in the same 7mm punch-type QFN48 package with identical pinout to the rev1 55nm (summer 2013).

Yes. Our preliminary tests show 25% increase in hashrate and 25% lower power consumption. We will receive new chips tomorrow and will have samples available to developers.

Yes, but this engineering batch will not be sold in big quantities. It's for evaluation purposes.
Punin
Do yo have any price idea about next batches ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Activity: 1582
Is this 25GH per H-Card at €250?

Activity: 259
Dig your freedom

vs3
Activity: 622

Can you add me to the list for samples please? Smiley
Activity: 560

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Hello

There will be improvement in Ghash/s
?

Thanks
After turning this: into this: and this: into this: ,
because there were no 0603 220k resistors in stock.

The result: , ,

P.S. Thanks intron for the help and support

4 boards fixed and accepting chips

Schematic:
TOP VIEW

BOTTOM VIEW

NOTES:
- ONLY USE V2 CHAINMINER SOFTWARE AS THE SCHEMATIC IS BASED ON THAT, its actually a bank of the v2 m-board
- tried to keep air wires to a minimum (8 to be exact)
- LM2596 power module should be placed exactly where it is placed on the layout, otherwise youll have trouble in placing the H-cards, youll have some tolerance if you use flexible wires.
- Scale is 1:1 so i did not bother to place dimensions
- full resolution images here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yl0fov35cmv3r7p/gR4W5vdL6W
- pins on the slots are a bit tighter then they should be so youll have to bend the first 4 pins on each side inwards a bit (made them from the hip)

I have decided to stop making other version... aka the 8,12 or 16 slot versions although you can adapt as you see fit.
You can also connect 4 m-boards with 4 slots toghether like so:

full image here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yl0fov35cmv3r7p/gR4W5vdL6W

Activity: 427
Merit: 251
- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -
Update:

Got 4 chips, 3 working, 1 one i think i busted because i didnt check if the 1.8v line was ok on one of the H-cards(H-card still fixable, jut got to remove the connections as they lead to GND and make new ones on air wires Smiley ).

Out of the 5 H-cards repaired, 4 are confirmed to work.
Pictures and schematics doon.

Will send you some more chips to play with:)
Update:

Got 4 chips, 3 working, 1 one i think i busted because i didnt check if the 1.8v line was ok on one of the H-cards(H-card still fixable, jut got to remove the connections as they lead to GND and make new ones on air wires Smiley ).

Out of the 5 H-cards repaired, 4 are confirmed to work.
Pictures and schematics doon.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There is nothing to clearly associate a nonce with the work sent.
It's unbelievable how stupid that problem is and how simple it is to fix.
Fix in design is to send an ID with the work and send the ID with the nonce reply.
The chip design is what it is and it can't be fixed for this, but the next chip (design)
Yes, there is a simple fix and without much CPU usage trade off.

P.S. I didn't mean to offend you and definitely do not want to start a flame war as I saidwrote
Although this has USB specific information in it, most of it applies to any mining hardware:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optimal-firmwarehardware-design-for-mining-with-cgminer-294499

(yeah the lack of any temperature sensors anywhere sux also)
Sigh, people wasting their time reproducing the exact same hardware+firmware will get the exact same problem of HW errors.
Im using what i can afford and as i said im a DIY kindda guy, so i woulnt judge. Smiley
and i admit i dont have much experience with those chips.
KNK
Activity: 692
Fix in design is to send an ID with the work and send the ID with the nonce reply.
The chip design is what it is and it can't be fixed for this, but the next chip (design)
Yes, there is a simple fix and without much CPU usage trade off.

P.S. I didn't mean to offend you and definitely do not want to start a flame war as I saidwrote
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Sigh, people wasting their time reproducing the exact same hardware+firmware will get the exact same problem of HW errors.

Other than the fact that I've reduced that as low as possible in my bab driver in cgminer, (with a CPU usage trade off) the problem is the design.

End of problem - and my super smart nonce checking code can be removed Smiley
(yes that's a joke - there's nothing special about my nonce fix - it's just simple logic - oh and a few bugs from chainminer fixed)

P.S. KNK I don't care if you wish to reproduce my PM reply in public. Feel free to do so.

Edit: I've set the default limit in cgminer to 55 and on my BlackArrow board ... and it runs:
[Fast 0-15] => 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55
An update on my m-board DIY project:

The schematic has been modified a little bit from the original design(on the fly).
The copper layer is now on the bottom, i am expecting the pieces needed to repair the power module on the H-cards next week.
Ill update the schematic also next week.
The H-card are empty, yes, im expecting some bitfury chips for testing, any donations(even bad chips)/trade/selling of chips are welcome.

Hope ill get them running.
As i understand one of these boards should be seen as 1 bank by the Rpi.

Keeping my fingers crossed and time to clean up those H-cards.
Pages:
Jump to: