Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet! - page 10. (Read 7445 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
this is going to be very interesting!  Roll Eyes
what good is the project that brings the name of another project that has been successful ?
there is nothing interesting about this project
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Tentatively supporting this fork project as well as the main Grin.

Anything that shifts miners away from Grin is fine by me.  Tongue
Activity: 328
Merit: 525
https://twitter.com/BitGrin/status/1091369743825678336

“@ivan_nakamoto We have no premine, it’s a dev fee that takes 4 years to be delivered. Grimble is either too incompetent to understand the difference, or being deliberately misleading about what it means to pre-mine a coin. Hint: they control 99.99% of their coins supply today.”

That strategically unmentioned dev fee tho
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Smells like SCAM indeed....
Activity: 7
Merit: 1

to transfer coins need to be online? did you fix it or just copied?

lol what do you think? he added like 10 lines of code.
Activity: 45
Merit: 11

Transferring MW coins requires a back and forth, but that does not mean the user must be online neccessarily.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

opportunist who wants to make money, for me it's big shit
Activity: 442
Merit: 3
Stupid project.  Useless.  No value
Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
Do you realize the optics of this? What is the point? What vision do you bring to the table?

Too many questions, with only one answer... Roll Eyes

Pathetic.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Do you realize the optics of this? What is the point? What vision do you bring to the table?
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
Like the idea of it but if you can share detail about people behind and development roadmap
Forking grin is one time things, would you be able to beat the speed of development
Activity: 728
Merit: 13
It's the second GRIN fork I find! The XBG ticker is nice, why not create a discord? Telegram is outdated.

Discord likes to censor people they don't like. That's why.
What's your problem?You can start another account-discord is more popular than telegram.
The project starts in 6 days?Announcements will be published here before the start?I'll keep an eye on developments.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Tentatively supporting this fork project as well as the main Grin.
It's the second GRIN fork I find! The XBG ticker is nice, why not create a discord? Telegram is outdated.

Discord likes to censor people they don't like. That's why.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Activity: 54
Merit: 2
Finally, a decent emission schedule. Keen
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

Most probably a fooking scam but I do like ze logo...

better than Grin's stupid one...
Watching - was mining grin before but inflationrate is a pretty big turn off.

Emission curve here is quite interesting, anything else on the roadmap?

Website doesnt give much infos yet.

Hope you guys will provide a pool when the mainnet launches.

Pools will be provided to ensure a fair launch, there is a lot of people with a lot of hashing power waiting for the countdown to end.
The BitGrin miner will also be completed by that time, which will allow everyone even nontechnical people to mine at launch.

The most important part on the roadmap is to improved ease of use of the BitGrin protocol, for casual users as well as exchanges, donation buttons, faucets.
But the most important for now is a fair launch.

Join the telegram we welcome all help with open arms.
I would assume the extremely low supply is for the sake of creating demands and scarcity? On my previous experience with very low supply token, they will still find it difficult to appeal community without real purpose and good liquidity. Or is there an use of the token other than for trading purpose?

This is explained here https://twitter.com/BitGrin/status/1091049780766072832

Which didn't really answer my question about a purpose or a solution for today's market, if I'm not missing anything. Or do I understand your tweets wrongly? There were only two tweets, actually. Maybe you better give proper explanation here, that'll help both of us saving some time.

Fundamentally, we believe in Grin's mission of providing a scalable, private form of digital cash. Other options have trade-offs that do prevent scalability or privacy (it's almost always a trade-off between these two.) Grin and the Mimble Whimble consensus solves these issues using a clever new approach to deploying transaction data to the chain that greatly reduces computational requirements as well as memory requirements for full nodes. What this ultimately means is that the Grin technology is vastly superior as a form of digital cash to other coins. However, because of the monetary policy in place with Grin, the constant inflation leads to persistent downward price pressure, causing the coin to not be desirable to those who would *accept* digital cash payments. BitGrin solves this problem by using the tried and true Bitcoin monetary policy, with mining rewards regularly being cut in half, in order to encourage it's use as a scalable, private, digital currency.
Pages:
Jump to: