Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet! - page 4. (Read 7445 times)

copper member
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

The wallet does not sync. The devs said they would fix it but coins are stuck on exchanges.
Activity: 163
Merit: 4
You draw an alarmist situation, which is not the case when you follow the coin since day one.

There are issue, this is what to expect for early adopters and new protocol like mimblewimble, but this is not that dramatic as you explained.

I understand your frustration papa, lost coins, wallet that don't work well on MAC...

First Bitmesh is delisting, yes, but not only XBG, they are delisting many coins, almost all altcoin in fact

Dear Users,
After review, BitMesh decided to delist the following coins at 2019-6-18 12:00(UTC+8):
XRP, VBK, XBG, TERA, CHI, PATH

Bitmesh is changing their business model, we can't blame them for that, there is an other exchange

https://vinex.network/market/BTC_XBG

More will come later, what I mean without bitmesh the coin will survive, this is not a big deal at all.

Communication is getting better, now someone that is not a dev will handle the communication part. Today is a great day to mine XBG

XBG  the only MW coin with sound economics.
copper member
Activity: 67
DELISTING ALERT, BitGrin is being delisted from Bitmesh effective 18 June.  Users have until 30 June to withdraw otherwise coins will be burned.  The only other viable exchange is vinex.network.  According to the developers, "anyone can list Bitgrin if they want," (per Discord) and there are no updates to the several problems with forks, orphaned shares, and troubles with wallet syncing.

@bladdoyle, thank you for helping with the pool payout problem yesterday (about 1k XBG).  However, that payout did not work and must have been cancelled.  Can you please reset it so I can request the payout again?

No coins are lost, once the transaction is expired (up to 90minutes to wait) just run a wallet check, and your coins will be back in the wallet.

Wallet check comment can be found on kingfish by pressing the small gear on the bottom left
Activity: 45
Merit: 11
Huge development update! Grin

We’ve been relatively quiet about this, but we’ve been working on a simple to use JavaScript library that will allow developers to easily integrate with BitGrin and build wallets, exchanges, games, or anything they can imagine.
We just hit a milestone with this project and now have nodes working with a single process. In the short term we’ll refactor Kingfish to use this library which will dramatically improve performance, stability, and crush dozens of existing bugs all in one go.
 In the longer term we expect this to become the go-to library for third party developers to build out an ecosystem of high end BitGrin applications, similar to how web3 enables this for Ethereum dApps.

Both the Kingfish update and the BitGrin library is expected to be completed in the next week or two. We’ll make the library available on npm for all to use freely.

Please help me.
2670      5ebb64b9-948f-4146-81e0-387c2e1ae27c   133.543796374 XBG   0.001 XBG   posted   157248   28.05.2019, 20:38:36

My coin is lose

Someone already helped out with that on discord right?
Activity: 1

We’ve been relatively quiet about this, but we’ve been working on a simple to use JavaScript library that will allow developers to easily integrate with BitGrin and build wallets, exchanges, games, or anything they can imagine.
We just hit a milestone with this project and now have nodes working with a single process. In the short term we’ll refactor Kingfish to use this library which will dramatically improve performance, stability, and crush dozens of existing bugs all in one go.
 In the longer term we expect this to become the go-to library for third party developers to build out an ecosystem of high end BitGrin applications, similar to how web3 enables this for Ethereum dApps.

Both the Kingfish update and the BitGrin library is expected to be completed in the next week or two. We’ll make the library available on npm for all to use freely.

Please help me.
2670      5ebb64b9-948f-4146-81e0-387c2e1ae27c   133.543796374 XBG   0.001 XBG   posted   157248   28.05.2019, 20:38:36

My coin is lose

Today was a bad day for mining on the Bitgrin dev pool.  Several miners complained about reducing, unchanged and disappearing balances.  Apparently there was a node upgrade and possibly a fork, one of the devs said generally (with no detail):

"It seems the pool was mining a fork for a few hours today so those coins weren’t valid."

Unsure what the status is but I would like assistance with the "shared transaction id" from the pool (so that 749 XBG I sent to myself aren't lost). 

This project seems promising from several perspectives (the tech, the economics) but I have to say that the mining experience, communicating with miners, usability of wallets, pools, etc is, well . . . an opportunity for improvement.

That is true, mining at this point is not as user-friendly as we want it to be.
Keep in mind this is still very early days and its and miner adoption is definitely a priority for Bitgrin, we are working on infrastructure so it's seamless
copper member
Activity: 67
Today was a bad day for mining on the Bitgrin dev pool.  Several miners complained about reducing, unchanged and disappearing balances.  Apparently there was a node upgrade and possibly a fork, one of the devs said generally (with no detail):

"It seems the pool was mining a fork for a few hours today so those coins weren’t valid."

Unsure what the status is but I would like assistance with the "shared transaction id" from the pool (so that 749 XBG I sent to myself aren't lost). 

This project seems promising from several perspectives (the tech, the economics) but I have to say that the mining experience, communicating with miners, usability of wallets, pools, etc is, well . . . an opportunity for improvement.
The last message from the developer - April 06, 2019, 09:26:20 PM
Coin is dead

Hi hater/fuder

This is mainly because your don't know how to use discord, what a shame for someone that is suppose to know crypto.

Dev are here all days

You can use at least one hundred alternative forums, sites and social networks. But people make conclusions about the coin on bitcointalk and github activity.

Thank you, I follow your advice based on bitcointalk activity, now I fell very worried about 2 well known coins.

I am afraid they are dead, because dev didn't show since 2010 and the other last activity was in 2016 !

Great advice, try to get a life

Activity: 35
Coin is dead

Hi hater/fuder

This is mainly because your don't know how to use discord, what a shame for someone that is suppose to know crypto.

Dev are here all days

You can use at least one hundred alternative forums, sites and social networks. But people make conclusions about the coin on bitcointalk and github activity.
Why is it mine?

Coins to the bitmesh exchange are not credited for a week!
They say that the reason is fork of the coin. Network is unstable.
The developer does not even appear here.

It's probably a failed transfer, try to do a wallet check.
Your coins are most likely in your wallet. (because of how MimbleWimble works, they might not appear in the UI without unwrapping)

Coin is dead

We are more active on twitter, discord, and telegram.
I will try to make more time to respond here, thank you for reminding me
Coin is dead

Hi hater/fuder

Dev are here all days
Coin is dead
Why is it mine?

Coins to the bitmesh exchange are not credited for a week!
They say that the reason is fork of the coin. Network is unstable.
The developer does not even appear here.
And now a quick guide for AMD GPUs + Windows 10

If you use Windows 10 and have NVIDIA here is a short tutorial on how to mine XBG

If you have troubles, you can found further assistance on BITGRIN DISCORD

How to contact with pool.bitgrin.io?
Coins from the pool withdrawn 3 days ago and nothing has come so far.
id 2155    posted   129651   09.05.2019, 12:08:34

Join Bitgrin Discord server and ask @bladedoyle (MWGrinPool Admin)#6224

He answer all questions related to the pool - pool.bitgrin.io
How to contact with pool.bitgrin.io?
Coins from the pool withdrawn 3 days ago and nothing has come so far.
id 2155    posted   129651   09.05.2019, 12:08:34
Pages:
Jump to: