Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet! - page 6. (Read 7445 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Q&A the next days with the Team! If you have questions, let us know
copper member
Activity: 33
This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!

Absolutely!

Also loving the GUI wallet. So many miners I know store their Grin on the pool or exchange because of difficulties setting up their own node.

Sending to Bitmesh was nice and easy. Only sent a small amount to test but sold for 60k sats, so I'm happy with that Smiley
This project starts a few weeks ago and does already set standards what UI should look like. The GUI will be also available for GRIN, so don’t forget that.

The focus of BitGrin is totally different as GRINs and that is clear when you dive deeper in the ideas behind the two Coins. There is no need to be destructive here.

The market will decide what will be the best implementation of MimbleWhimble, but please also consider, that GRINs focus is more on digital cash while BitGrin is digital gold.

Same technology but not the same goal!
Activity: 5
wow, bitmesh listed testing deposit now!
Activity: 79
funny supporters for a coin which is just a copy of grin lol

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Well At least somebody for BitGrin brought a Windows Wallet LOL. 

BitGrin is a fork from GRIN, right! But would a copy not do the same as the orgignal? Exactly, we don´t do the same, thats why we forked.

Hopefully you see with the amazing GUI wallet (you should relly try it out) that one of our Goals is the easiest and best user expierence while using MimbleWhimble tech. GRIN has a total other approach while they focus on their tech users.

I dont wont to dive deeper in the economic topic - if you follow the price of GRIN you know what i mean. Inflation is eating value.

I hope you can find some time and look deeper into BitGrin, that will change your mind!

grin was never meant to be a store of value. It was designed for a purpose to be an alternative to fiat cash and current price is not indicative of its true potential as one day i am sure grin will set a standard. On the other hand bitgrin forked with the same code and  has a fixed supply. Big deal??? It has a wallet now and i can see that. But my question is, aren't there already coins like that ? beam for example is far superior than this copy cat. A sane person will hold beam instead of this copy if he really want to hold.  Grin brought new tech to the table and is unique. But what did bitgrin bring  tell me.

Hello reoparker,

thanks at first for your reply.

Your argue line shows me cleary, that you dont have looked deeper into the idea of BitGrin and come here most likely to spread negative vibrations :-)

Bitgrin is a lot more than a fork with a fixed supply but i don´t want to do your homework to research facts if you are realy interessted in this. So i recommend to you, if you are realy interested in this Project, to take your time, brew a coffee or Tee and join our Discord and Telegram Channel. Scroll back and read from the begining about the idea and what its all about. There are so many amazing things to come.

Activity: 163
Merit: 4

I just tested the new GUI Kingfish wallet - running on W10 Using the MINE option to withdraw coin from pool.

No special port to open, and no special IT knowledge, withdrawing coin is a pure joy, very easy, thank you BITGRIN team

Activity: 45
Merit: 11
Dear BitGrin Community,

we are happy to announce the world first GUI Wallet release for BitGrin, which features a simple one click enviroment to send, receive, withdraw XBG between Users and from mining pools.

There is no need for experience in Linux or with CLI anymore - the BitGrin wallet comes as a binary which installs after one click and the wallet can be used by anyone with zero experience in computer science or crypto.

In the beginning the wallet supports Windows and MacOS, but because its written in electron, porting on other platforms wont take long and will happen soon.

Please check this following video for a preview of our amazing GUI Wallet
Wink

BitGrin GUI Wallet Video

BitGrin GUI Wallet Download

Activity: 54
Merit: 2
Windows GUI wallet out now. Looks awesome. Great to have interested Dev with buy-in, getting in well ahead of the pack

https://bitgrin.io/Download/

the new gui wallet will come into next 2 days. Hashrate is slowly increasing looks like a few good people saw it as a good project

this point is a temporary interest simply because a couple of sites that compare new projects gave a good rating.
the project is interesting but the developers are clearly not the best level when compared with the same grin or beam projects. when will you add exchanges?

I do not agree, Bitgrin dev show they are very good, from what I have read since the beginning, they know their stuff well
GUI wallet is now internally tested and operational.

You will be able to download the latest version in about 10hours ( countdown on www.bitgrin.io )
If you have any questions to the development team, or about MimbleWimble in general, don't hesitate to ask here.
the new gui wallet will come into next 2 days. Hashrate is slowly increasing looks like a few good people saw it as a good project

this point is a temporary interest simply because a couple of sites that compare new projects gave a good rating.
the project is interesting but the developers are clearly not the best level when compared with the same grin or beam projects. when will you add exchanges?

What makes you sure to say that the developers are not high level? Do you know the BitGrin/Grin/Beam developers and can compare/judge them?

Activity: 826
Merit: 262

This is a very good project.

First of all team is rock solid, they know their stuff which is very good for the community

Mining is easy, my miners just runs without any troubles.

The economy of this coin is very good, mining right now is good as well.

The only drawback is that it is still complicate to handle the wallet, you need good IT knowledge, but the best part of all is that BITGRIN team want to ease normal people life by introducing simple tools.

I am eager to see the new GUI wallet, I have been waiting this and it will make my life more easy   Grin
Activity: 5
did you see that new gui wallet coming?
also there is at the moment low hashrate on net, maybe best moment to mine now.
Activity: 54
Merit: 2
It should be on couple of good exchanges and everything should be transparent from start to gain the trust. I have not much knowledge about this fork probably but premine coins should have transparent use case. It will remain to be seen how it plays and how different it is than the original version of Grin. Support on exchanges will decide its fate for sure.

That's fair enough - I think you need to find the balance between the risks if you don't have any premine and then have zero dev and the coin dies, versus the other end where its just a cash grab and no-one has confidence.

Dev seem to be doing a great job at the moment - fixing bugs, working on the wallet (in beta), and engaging with community in Discord. Discord has around ~200 people most of the time

https://discord.gg/QMM4av
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
It should be on couple of good exchanges and everything should be transparent from start to gain the trust. I have not much knowledge about this fork probably but premine coins should have transparent use case. It will remain to be seen how it plays and how different it is than the original version of Grin. Support on exchanges will decide its fate for sure.
Hi there, is there a explorer like e.g. grinexplorer?

e:/ and which miner are you guys using?

https://explorer.bitgrin.io/
Pages:
Jump to: