Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitGrin (XBG) – MimbleWimble with Bitcoin economics – Windows wallet! - page 9. (Read 7445 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 305
minerstat CEO
Sound Economics and User Friendliness the reason to fork?
I would understand this with an impressive UI Website, or any Design concept of a Wallet and planned things. This just currently no-sense.  Roll Eyes
Grin just launched and they will improve over time for sure.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
So this is nothing more than a Grin clone with the Bitcoin supply curve built into it? Couldn't you guys come up with your own supply curve? Now the emission is EXACTLY the same as Grin for the first 4 YEARS. The only difference is, you guys are putting 4% or 800k+ coins in your own pockets. That's just an outright SCAM

Don't waste your hash power on this one boys, no doubt there will be a more promising Grin forks in the next 4 years LOL.
It´s even worse, 4.9% actually.

https://i.imgur.com/JLV7FYX.gif

Bitgrin, moar liek shitgrin, amirite?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So this is nothing more than a Grin clone with the Bitcoin supply curve built into it? Couldn't you guys come up with your own supply curve? Now the emission is EXACTLY the same as Grin for the first 4 YEARS. The only difference is, you guys are putting 4% or 800k+ coins in your own pockets. That's just an outright SCAM

Don't waste your hash power on this one boys, no doubt there will be a more promising Grin forks in the next 4 years LOL.
Activity: 45
Merit: 11
To ensure a fair launch BitGrin will be released with a “one-click” miner that is functional with supported pools, so even
non-technical users can immediately mine it and contribute in the economy.
Waiting for this “one-click” miner. When release will be? Tomorrow launch date.

It will be posted here twitter, discord, telegram before the launch
Activity: 616
Merit: 312
To ensure a fair launch BitGrin will be released with a “one-click” miner that is functional with supported pools, so even
non-technical users can immediately mine it and contribute in the economy.
Waiting for this “one-click” miner. When release will be? Tomorrow launch date.
This is a scam, founders tax just like that other bullshit scam grimble.  Stay away everyone, they are just trying to profit off the hard work of Grin.  CON ARTISTS

Grimble had a premine that the founders tried to dump the next day. We have a dev fee that is paid monthly from a trustless height-locked Output set. This is a VERY important distinction. The dev treasury will be 0 for the first month of mainnet launch.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1432
Yes, I'm an asshole
I would assume the extremely low supply is for the sake of creating demands and scarcity? On my previous experience with very low supply token, they will still find it difficult to appeal community without real purpose and good liquidity. Or is there an use of the token other than for trading purpose?

This is explained here https://twitter.com/BitGrin/status/1091049780766072832

Which didn't really answer my question about a purpose or a solution for today's market, if I'm not missing anything. Or do I understand your tweets wrongly? There were only two tweets, actually. Maybe you better give proper explanation here, that'll help both of us saving some time.

Fundamentally, we believe in Grin's mission of providing a scalable, private form of digital cash. Other options have trade-offs that do prevent scalability or privacy (it's almost always a trade-off between these two.) Grin and the Mimble Whimble consensus solves these issues using a clever new approach to deploying transaction data to the chain that greatly reduces computational requirements as well as memory requirements for full nodes. What this ultimately means is that the Grin technology is vastly superior as a form of digital cash to other coins. However, because of the monetary policy in place with Grin, the constant inflation leads to persistent downward price pressure, causing the coin to not be desirable to those who would *accept* digital cash payments. BitGrin solves this problem by using the tried and true Bitcoin monetary policy, with mining rewards regularly being cut in half, in order to encourage it's use as a scalable, private, digital currency.

So, we can rephrase into other words as, you tried to patch a "weakness" by adding a feature that's yet to be proven its effectiveness? Bitcoin stays with its strength and impenetrable barrier because it's rather a pioneer and its brand name is very strong, a copy of solution for other token might not works the same
So BitGrin is to Grin like Litecoin is to Bitcoin?? A start of anew.  Smiley
More like Bitcoin to Grin Litecoin, when you look at economics.
If you're talking about codebase then yes, think of it as a re-issue with different economics.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
There are so many projects was created these days and after ICOs ends it just look a boring project with no supporters....
Activity: 490
Merit: 1
BitGrin looks interesting, but is this the Grin coin that is currently popular and new at CMC? Good and decent work to develop, re-learn for future corrections.
The problem with discord is that if you are critical and get banned you make another account and return to the charge.
With telegram it's more difficult. This is for him an advantage.  I've seen Devs in telegram behaving like autetic dictators.
Step
Where is discord chanel ?
Here is a discord :
https://discord.gg/9jRHgQP
Activity: 47
The problem with discord is that if you are critical and get banned you make another account and return to the charge.
With telegram it's more difficult. This is for him an advantage.  I've seen Devs in telegram behaving like autetic dictators.
Step
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
This is a scam, founders tax just like that other bullshit scam grimble.  Stay away everyone, they are just trying to profit off the hard work of Grin.  CON ARTISTS
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

Pools will be provided to ensure a fair launch, there is a lot of people with a lot of hashing power waiting for the countdown to end.
The BitGrin miner will also be completed by that time, which will allow everyone even nontechnical people to mine at launch.

The most important part on the roadmap is to improved ease of use of the BitGrin protocol, for casual users as well as exchanges, donation buttons, faucets.
But the most important for now is a fair launch.

Join the telegram we welcome all help with open arms.

Keep us updated regarding the miner, will it be available for both AMD and NVidia?

And keep in mind the fair launch, don't srew it up
Activity: 57
Where is discord chanel ?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
So BitGrin is to Grin like Litecoin is to Bitcoin?? A start of anew.  Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 4
this is going to be very interesting!  Roll Eyes
what good is the project that brings the name of another project that has been successful ?
there is nothing interesting about this project

lol.... bitcoincash ?
copper member
Activity: 9
this is going to be very interesting!  Roll Eyes
what good is the project that brings the name of another project that has been successful ?
there is nothing interesting about this project
This project is in direct  response to members of the crypto community who scream:

"why would anyone want grin? the inflation is too high!"

How is that not interesting?
Activity: 414
Merit: 101

That strategically unmentioned dev fee tho

We mention this everywhere, including this ANN. What are you on about?
Pages:
Jump to: