Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0 - page 46. (Read 153028 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
June 12, 2015, 07:37:53 AM
Why not join forces with NXT and create a even better platform together instead of competing head on? Clearly nxt is leading on the 2.0 front. Why waste resources when you can work together.

Better not join NXT, all right? Bitshares' Dan Larimer seems a really decent and honest guy so better not mix him with the NXT scammers like the vaporware asset wizard jl777 (James).

I categorically deny any connection with NXT or jl777

Your welcome, you got that epic nickname for free of charge. You can make crypto-history with such nick name :-)) So why not updated it to crypto history maker vaporware asset wizard?

Yes, I'm monetizing my nick, "vaporware asset wizard",  I'll be issuing an asset later today. Dividends will follow asap
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2015, 06:39:52 AM
Why not join forces with NXT and create a even better platform together instead of competing head on? Clearly nxt is leading on the 2.0 front. Why waste resources when you can work together.

Better not join NXT, all right? Bitshares' Dan Larimer seems a really decent and honest guy so better not mix him with the NXT scammers like the vaporware asset wizard jl777 (James).

Your welcome, you got that epic nickname for free of charge. You can make crypto-history with such nick name :-)) So why not updated it to crypto history maker vaporware asset wizard?
Activity: 123
June 12, 2015, 02:36:30 AM
i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

honestly they seem to have unique properties in a coin. but it seems they are targeting mainly financial applications that has to do with trading.

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

The only idiot that says its a communist coin is that NXT shill idiot DecentralisedEconomics. Apparently he does the same thing in the NXT thread.

His own community thinks he's a joke, why would we take him serious?

Says the NEMwit Communist.

NEM? NEM is shit! Oh... you still think I am TaunSewer? Yeah, I can see how you would get confused, especially when I called him a fucking cretin. Let me guess, I had the conversation with myself? Wow! You see conspiracies everywhere! like I said... everybody thinks you are a fuckin idiot, including your own community.

Yeah UtopianFuture/TaunSew, I know you always viewed NEM as a worthless crypto that you only used to scam innocent victims.  I don't care if everybody "thinks" I'm an "idiot".  I have the official tests that prove otherwise.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Official tests!

I am scratching my head a little at this.  Why would they wan tto use ripple, a fairly obscure crypto instead of one with a higher market cap such as litecoin or bitcoin?  Maybe Taun is correct and it is just a pump and dump.  If so not a bad time to put a few pennies in I guess, but its easy to get burned if you are not careful.

Ripple has been around since 2004 and if something couldn't take off after 10 years, it probably never will.  It's another MaidSafe, one of those vaporware scams which promises the moon and earth to their investors and then proceeds to live off said investors' money - very lucrative game.

In Ripple's case, if you look back years, you'ld know that they're nothing but serial liars.  Like they made the claim for the longest time of exclusive relationship with 'big banks' but it turns out they were referring to Fidor (which isn't really big big) and Fidor was actually pro-BTC, not pro-Ripple, and today Fidor does nothing with Ripple anymore and instead partnered with Kraken.

For this Australian bank thing, as much Coindesk likes to construe reality, it was probably some 2 hour tech demo to some bored middle manager who has since forgotten about the tech demo.   Cheesy  That doesn't matter though, as the intent is just pump and dump with articles promising the moon and earth and Ripple has been master at this since 2012.

TaunSewer/UtopianFuture calling Ripple a bunch of serial liars? This place never ceases to amaze me! Once again, one of the biggest Cretins in the madhouse throwing rocks from his glass cell. Whats more pathetic... Ripple, or you guys hoping your shitcoins will attract some institutional investor?  Roll Eyes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Idiot! Conspiracies... Conspiracies everywhere! Seriously DE, what kind of test was it? We are dying to know. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
June 12, 2015, 02:21:42 AM
i don't know the full story of bitshares. can someone elaborate? i just know it was rebranded from protoshares right? also a question to why?

honestly they seem to have unique properties in a coin. but it seems they are targeting mainly financial applications that has to do with trading.

everyone keeps saying they are comminist type coin. can some one explain that or why it is not?

The only idiot that says its a communist coin is that NXT shill idiot DecentralisedEconomics. Apparently he does the same thing in the NXT thread.

NEM? NEM is shit! Oh... you still think I am TaunSewer? Yeah, I can see how you would get confused, especially when I called him a fucking cretin. Let me guess, I had the conversation with myself? Wow! You see conspiracies everywhere! like I said... everybody thinks you are a fuckin idiot, including your own community.

Yeah UtopianFuture/TaunSew, I know you always viewed NEM as a worthless crypto that you only used to scam innocent victims.  I don't care if everybody "thinks" I'm an "idiot".  I have the official tests that prove otherwise.
June 12, 2015, 02:04:15 AM

legendary
June 12, 2015, 12:32:16 AM

legendary
June 12, 2015, 12:27:51 AM

By 'everyone' I guess you mean DecentralizedEconomics.  He has some irrational hatred of Bitshares for some reason, maybe because its a competitor to NXT.  Personally I find it smarter to buy both NXT and Bitshares and hedge my bets.

Bitshares is like a corporate governance system, things are controlled by shareholder vote.  Who gets to produce blocks is decided by shareholder vote, parameters of the system are decided by shareholder vote, etc.  I don't see how a corporation could be considered 'communist'.  If corporation and communism mean the same thing to you, which they apparently do to DecentralizedEconomics, then you are using different word definitions than the rest of us.

Hatred? Yes ... Irrational? No ...

Like I've said before, Corporations are fine things and acceptable in a free market economy.  Corporatism though is bad and exactly the same as Communism.  Corporatism is one or more corporations effectively controlling the economy/state through monopolistic practices.  Communism is the state controlling the economy/corporations through monopolistic practices.  There is no difference between the two.  As Chairman Stanlin's dear friend Vladimir Lenin so accurately described communism as "nothing but state capitalist monopoly made to benefit the whole people."

Now the reason this applies to Bitshares is because of the way shareholders elect delegates.  Bitshares uses the notoriously flawed approval voting system which is known to be unsuitable for contested elections.  Approval voting is unsuitable because it is susceptible to strategic voting where a very small amount of the voters can collude together to drastically affect the outcome of the election in their favor.  Effectively, this means a very small amount of shareholders control the entire Bitshares economy/blockchain through monopolistic practices.  Sound familiar?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
June 12, 2015, 12:26:14 AM
lol graphene toolkit Cheesy

Couldn't have come up with a better name for something that is all hype and no substance (or I guess one atomic layer of substance that has no real world applications).
It does have real world application now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
June 12, 2015, 12:15:34 AM
lol graphene toolkit Cheesy

Couldn't have come up with a better name for something that is all hype and no substance (or I guess one atomic layer of substance that has no real world applications).
Activity: 162
June 12, 2015, 12:06:37 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2015, 08:32:12 PM

June 11, 2015, 04:22:01 PM

Once again the Coin Herald Bugle posts an article that would be a decent parody... if these retards weren't "serious".

This is actually a perfect example of the web's "collective expertise"...
Where lowest common denominator opinion can be presented as "expert analysis"... and consumed as such.

The dude who wrote this is plays a mathematician, software engineer, cryptographer, journalist, etc on the web...
When, in reality, he is probably someone who flunked out of college, but has read a lot of BitcoinTalk...
And probably got paid maybe $10 to grind out this nonsense.

Now "collective expertise" is harmless and even useful in areas like pop culture and gossip...
But this concept also explains why, today, pretty much all anon coin projects are dismissed out-of-hand by PhD cryptographers...
Because there is no such thing as an "amateur" doctor or lawyer or physicist or cryptographer... just pretenders...
And most of the anon projects are the equivalent of a coder finding brilliant "solutions" that eluded Albert Einstein.

Shadow Coin could not even gather $1,000 together to attempt an "audit" by Isidor Zeuner (until talk of an "audit" conveniently went way)...
Notwithstanding the obvious reality that an actual cryptographer and internet security expert would not get out of bed for $1,000.

It was written by a former Nxt Organization member, Colin Lacina, whom I'm sure some people know here.  Anyway, the title and contents are pretty misleading.

Everyone knows the "NXT Organization" is a renegade group of International Communist subversives bent on the destruction of free crypto everywhere and doesn't represent the true ideology behind NXT or the Free Crypto Movement.

Thank you for your excellent opinion, because of people like you Nxt will never shine.

Activity: 504
Merit: 504
June 11, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

Here's installment 2 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic, 

The BitShares 2.0 Referral Program

Enjoy!

Hi Stan,

That link goes to the pink poof gif?
Cheesy

H.

Ooops.  Rats.  Thanks!  https://youtu.be/HY51oQWEwKQ?list=PLjgfpSQFJTLoR_CpYDBZMQ8hUSxKSflAF
legendary
June 11, 2015, 03:46:19 PM
I like the approach and the vision of bts...but it has had one of the slowest most memory hungry  software clients I have ever used. (windows download version)

Please come up with an online trading interface that is smooth, fast, secure and reliable. (like rippletrade?) I know that an unofficial one has been in the betaworks, and ive tested it, not too bad.

When you do have a reliable wallet/trading interface, let me know...as I really like the bitshares concept.

H.

I think the push is towards a web wallet that is fast and easy to use (think counterwallet.io) and thus for avg joe's becomes not a barrier of entry.
legendary
June 11, 2015, 03:44:01 PM
This stuff is starting to sound interesting enough that it might even be time to go digging around in old archives looking for those Protoshares wallets that we were all mining into long long ago that purportedly were going to give us all shares of all these new developments.

Is there some kind of import functionality in one of these new wallets whereby once we manage to find our Protoshares wallets we can tell these new wallets the filepaths to our Protoshares wallets and have them import or whatever it is that they do to get our appropriate shares?

I seem to recall though some flurry of noise/rumour some time back claiming that the developers had done some kind of ripoff or dilution or breach of agreement or something so that maybe our Protoshares are not actually worth much if anything anymore? The percentage they were supposed to be of the new chain(s) was changed or something maybe?

It was all kind of hard to follow, let alone to figure out which was trolls and which was genuine bad faith by the developers, or even whether in fact any dilution did actually occur.

Which is why it seemed best to just archive all the wallets until some future time when things became clearer and some clear path to moving forward to the newest systems emerged...

Has that time come yet?

Have Protoshares (or more correctly, the value they give in all the later chains derived from them / following them) finally become worth enough that it might be worth someone's while to look into moving forward with them into the new systems?

-MarkM-

PTS were part of the fundraising for the dev team to basically complete BTS 2.0 as it stands today... hence the celebratory thread. There is a new PTS version out that i believe sharedrops pts 1.0 with a semi active team (not related to any of the bts devs)... you can import your PTS key into bitshares wallet to recieve your bitshares.

The dilution was the ability to hire devs by the blockchain via consensus voting through the wallet. Remember being paid to write in DevCoin? Think of this as a way to hire/fire people in a more decentralized way. The reason some people hated it was because it diluted the original 2 billion max to be able to fund marketing/developers by making them block-signee delegates (n of m oracles). With BTS 2.0 the number of "workers" becomes variable based on the consensus voting mechanism to reduce/increase dilution as the market sees fit. If the market wants more R&D it can bring in more workers who are willing to stand up and work or code or market or whatever brings in added value to the system.

I believe the right step was taken to allow to "hire via blockchain" and now the final pieces are put together to variably add/remove delegates.

Mark, please head over to bitsharestalk.org and make yourself an account. Some interesting discussions there that can use your valuable input.
Activity: 168
June 11, 2015, 03:24:07 PM

Here's installment 2 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic, 

Enjoy!

Hi Stan,

That link goes to the pink poof gif?
Cheesy

H.
June 11, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

Today's topic,  

Enjoy!
June 11, 2015, 03:01:08 PM
I like the approach and the vision of bts...but it has had one of the slowest most memory hungry  software clients I have ever used. (windows download version)

Please come up with an online trading interface that is smooth, fast, secure and reliable. (like rippletrade?) I know that an unofficial one has been in the betaworks, and ive tested it, not too bad.

When you do have a reliable wallet/trading interface, let me know...as I really like the bitshares concept.

H.

I completely agree with this.  I had trouble running it on my machine, and couldnt run anything else at the same time.  If 2.0 fixes this issue (which it claims it will, it seems), that would be a big deal.  It would become far more usable.

Even better, if I could access it purely in a web browser and trade bitAssets from there without needing a client, it would be amazing. 

This very summer your wishes will come true!
Activity: 201
June 11, 2015, 02:43:44 PM

By 'everyone' I guess you mean DecentralizedEconomics.  He has some irrational hatred of Bitshares for some reason, maybe because its a competitor to NXT.  Personally I find it smarter to buy both NXT and Bitshares and hedge my bets.

Bitshares is like a corporate governance system, things are controlled by shareholder vote.  Who gets to produce blocks is decided by shareholder vote, parameters of the system are decided by shareholder vote, etc.  I don't see how a corporation could be considered 'communist'.  If corporation and communism mean the same thing to you, which they apparently do to DecentralizedEconomics, then you are using different word definitions than the rest of us.
Activity: 201
June 11, 2015, 02:35:17 PM

H.

I completely agree with this.  I had trouble running it on my machine, and couldnt run anything else at the same time.  If 2.0 fixes this issue (which it claims it will, it seems), that would be a big deal.  It would become far more usable.

Even better, if I could access it purely in a web browser and trade bitAssets from there without needing a client, it would be amazing. 
Pages:
Jump to: