Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1082. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

The black coin multipool certainly seems to be working at present. I heard mint tried a multipool but it went wrong and nobody seems sure what the reason was. Will it affect black coin if other coins adopt the same idea and start running multipools for their coins?

I think the mint team is still considering reviving theirs.
It would have zero to positive effect meaning even if someone decided to mine BC for selling it only increases our liquidity and overall BTC traded daily. Both of which are
needed for a top tier coin. If you try to use BC multipool to sell only you still have to buy = zerosum (net result volume) and that would be worst case scenario.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
if my coins will be on exchange more than 8 hours will pos mining work?Huh??

You coins are not staked on the exchange. To earn from staking, hold your coins in a local wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
Do you think a PoS coin will be successful in the future or nothing special? The $15 million per day energy cost of keeping BTC alive is a pretty crazy number if it keeps increasing

I think POS is the future.

But that's just an algo. You can create a POS coin in seconds. You can convert POW coins to POS with a hardfork.
Activity: 140
but at the end of the year I hope to see you around so I can say "I told you so".  

I'll be only too happy to oblige. I've been wrong about plenty things and don't mind being proved wrong again, I just see what I see and once you've seen the same pattern a few times an element of predictability starts accompanying these observations.

For example Myriadcoin has a load of "interesting" distinguishing features just like BC did at the start but it's sitting there as yet unpumped at 450 Satoshis - one tenth of BC's value even corrected for coin supply. I'd be hard pushed to guess which one had the more upside at this point regardless of whatever long term factors apply.

Erm... No it doesn't. It suffers from extremely high coin inflation, a flawed distribution model. All it has is multiple mining algorithms which mean nothing to non-miners.

30s block times with no issues, because of the 5 algos (each 2.5min). Block times even lower if they add more. That's what the multiple algos does for non-miners.

blackcoin is 10 secs... so yay ?

Quote from: Blackcoin
Specifications
Block time: 1 minute

Ehh? If I'm somehow missing something let me know.

PoW was 1 minute.

PoS is 10 seconds :

One of the great features that Proof-of-stake offers is that transaction confirmations can be made extremely fast which makes Blackcoin deliver the first transaction confirmation after only 10 seconds and fully affirm the transaction after 10 confirms. The use of Proof-of-stake also makes Blackcoin extremely energy efficient.

Interesting, I didn't know PoS was quicker. Although it does seem to require more confirms than PoW, even at 10 that's pretty damn quick.
Activity: 395
aka. dibdab
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
People need to calm down around here. The hype is way out of hand. Don't trust anyone telling you this thing is going to the moon or that you are missing out if you don't buy right this instant. Be patient, we are going to move up and down in the coming months. We have a great core concept with the PoS and the multipool as well as a ton of community support. But this doesn't mean we are going to continue to expand at this incredible rate. Buy. Hold. Stop the hype. Slow growth is far better than the pump and dump crap I'm reading here.

Dont say that! they will tell you are a MintCoin Fan trying to spread FUD!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

typically not. to get staked coins its best to keep them on your personal computer.
Activity: 896
Merit: 507
Just a friendly reminder to not feed the trolls. They are active again today because BC is where the energy is. Leeches appear like magic, don't they? The thread is bogging down in arguments that cannot and will not lead us anywhere. We are moving forward. Period. Action, and reality will decide what happens, not a war of words. Trolls talk. Do-ers do. We are doers here. Let's just do. Don't play their talking-game, don't assist them in their perpetual act of mental masturbation.

Agreed +1
Activity: 168

I didn't say I wanted to lost money slow and steady Smiley... Continue doing what you do best. I'm sure your marketing strategies will attract a great deal of new money.

But I will always question the motives and judgement of everyone on these forums and I would advise everyone to do the same.

Like you said we are both on the same team, and I think everyone who holds BC whether it is 500 or 500000 want to see it succeed. I am here for the long run and I am not typing to pump BC to dump. I like this community and the coin, and I think together we can do great things.
Activity: 266
Just a friendly reminder to not feed the trolls. They are active again today because BC is where the energy is. Leeches appear like magic, don't they? The thread is bogging down in arguments that cannot and will not lead us anywhere. We are moving forward. Period. Action, and reality, will decide what happens, not a war of words. Trolls talk. Do-ers do. We are doers here. Let's just do. Don't play their talking-game, don't assist them in their perpetual act of mental masturbation.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Can you state your purpose in a single sentence here

To determine at what price I should dump. I can usually work that out for myself but subscribers to this thread seem to think that this coin is somehow more that just another alt "with a twist" so I decided to try to get to the bottom of why that was.

However, when I do that, all I get is hype about marketing and future value so I'm not having much success.

Do you think a PoS coin will be successful in the future or nothing special? The $15 million per day energy cost of keeping BTC alive is a pretty crazy number if it keeps increasing.
Pepemo.vip
but at the end of the year I hope to see you around so I can say "I told you so".  

I'll be only too happy to oblige. I've been wrong about plenty things and don't mind being proved wrong again, I just see what I see and once you've seen the same pattern a few times an element of predictability starts accompanying these observations.

For example Myriadcoin has a load of "interesting" distinguishing features just like BC did at the start but it's sitting there as yet unpumped at 450 Satoshis - one tenth of BC's value even corrected for coin supply. I'd be hard pushed to guess which one had the more upside at this point regardless of whatever long term factors apply.

Erm... No it doesn't. It suffers from extremely high coin inflation, a flawed distribution model. All it has is multiple mining algorithms which mean nothing to non-miners.

30s block times with no issues, because of the 5 algos (each 2.5min). Block times even lower if they add more. That's what the multiple algos does for non-miners.

Specifications

PoW was 1 minute.

PoS is 10 seconds :

One of the great features that Proof-of-stake offers is that transaction confirmations can be made extremely fast which makes Blackcoin deliver the first transaction confirmation after only 10 seconds and fully affirm the transaction after 10 confirms. The use of Proof-of-stake also makes Blackcoin extremely energy efficient.

To determine at what price I should dump. I can usually work that out for myself but subscribers to this thread seem to think that this coin is somehow more that just another alt "with a twist" so I decided to try to get to the bottom of why that was.

However, when I do that, all I get is hype about marketing and future value so I'm not having much success.

As a competent trader, surely you had an exit plan before you entered?

I'm simply a die-hard BlackCoin fan, I might still be holding even at 100k satoshi Cheesy

Specifications

Pepemo.vip

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

I have donated over 10% of my holdings to the BC devs and other promotions. I, me, this guy right here literally came up with the Black Friday concept. Like I have previously said: we are on the same side here. Let's just be responsible about it. Truce?

Are you on IRC?

You should have messaged me privately if you had concerns, my door is always open. However, I am not some reckless fool just trying to hype up BC to pump and dump. I have nearly 14 years experience building and effectively promoting products. I have one of the top downloaded desktop music apps, and I achieved that in less than 7 months. Slow and steady for BC will be the death of the coin. This is not 2 years ago when the landscape didn't have a new coin launching every hour. BC needs to hit the ground running and never stop.... never. So if you really want to see BC grow and get a nice ROI, then let me do what I know best and not question my motives or judgement.

PS: If you want slow and steady you can always sell your BC and invest in MintCoin.  Smiley

Classic! +1

+2

I agree you should sell so Iconic can do "aggressive aggressive" trying to catch them
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Pepemo.vip

There are some legitimate criticisms of Myriadcoin for sure, but a flawed distribution model is not one of them. It allows anyone with any hardware to jump in at anytime. Maybe BC's instamine was a more fair distribution model?

Look at the top 100 holders? none are holding very much, with less then 10 wallets holding over 1 million. Plus the price crashed pretty hard to 500 so most of original holders ditched.
Jump to: