Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1162. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
To summarize questions about BlackCoin security:
51% PoS attack is possible of course.
I'm aware of pre-computation problem. It will be addressed. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6034634)

Also, my opinion about if there is something at stake: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5672995
If you disagree with this, sorry, BlackCoin is not secure for you.

Thanks rat4. I agree with your opinion on the "nothing-at-stake" problem, because (from my understanding) as long as the majority of the miners has an honest wallet software that would sync the forks to one single blockchain then the network is secure. While from a game theoretical perspective each one would slightly gain from mining on different forks, I am actually confident that still most miners will act in favor of the stability of their own currency.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
It's funny with so many dishonest thieves all in one place I don't understand how any of you can trust the other. It sure looks like one of you is lying and selling off more coins than they should be

And....ignored.  Wow, it's getting easier and easier to spot and ignore the trolls before they get fed and grow into a week-long monster.

Yup the two confirmed trolls are

- moderndezigns

and

- mgburke77
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
It's funny with so many dishonest thieves all in one place I don't understand how any of you can trust the other. It sure looks like one of you is lying and selling off more coins than they should be

I am slowly gaining BC through buying and the pool,  Everyone who dumps BC is slowing giving me more control over BC, and hundreds of others like me who are not going to sell until the price goes up a order of magnitude from here.  

Once people like me lock-down a majority of the outstanding BC you won't be getting anymore cheap.  BC is going to make a few hundred people who understand what is going on here rich.  

I'm going to keep buying and mining BC,  I will even rent more rigs to throw at the pool,  Soon the pool will become most profit pool to mine on because BC price is up,  then everyone will mine BC,  then the price will go up up UP!  Then it will still be most profitable.  Next thing we know we are starting to challenge LTC.   That is what is in our future if even a portion of us buy, mine and hold.    

We are in control,  you have to ask yourself do you want crypto to make you rich?   If you do.  You Buy, Hold, Mine.  Period.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
bitcoin shorts are highest they have been.... I wish I could get cash faster to buy this !! god damnit

Blackcoin holding at 6500...

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

And....ignored.  Wow, it's getting easier and easier to spot and ignore the trolls before they get fed and grow into a week-long monster.
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
To summarize questions about BlackCoin security:
51% PoS attack is possible of course.
I'm aware of pre-computation problem. It will be addressed. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6034634)

Also, my opinion about if there is something at stake: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5672995
If you disagree with this, sorry, BlackCoin is not secure for you.
Activity: 476
BlackCoin Rewards Card Update!!!

I decided to re-post this one more time because we had a lot of troll activity this morning, and I am sure a few people who are interested missed it.

I just finished making a cup of coffee when I received this wonderful email!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi redacted,

Thank you for the follow up email.

Based on the information you had provided, we can certainly submit your account request to our issuing bank to see if we can get the reward and incentive program approved. This would need to be a non-reloadable co-branded card program based on your card needs.

Does this work?  Would you like to proceed with the account set up process?

Many Thanks,
redacted

Yesterday I sent her a follow up email after not hearing back from her, and I also sent her more information on a few idea changes to make it easier to get approved. I am not going to post my idea changes publicly because it has come to my attention that another community is trying to copy our efforts. Imitation is the best form of flattery Smiley

This was a major hurdle to overcome because they do not just submit to the issuing bank unless they are fairly confident it will be approved. I want to point out this does not mean we are approved, but the BlackCoin Rewards Card is closer to becoming a reality!

I think I am going to add a little Mint cream in my Black Coffee  Wink

Loving it! Keep up the effort Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
great close iconicexpert  Cool
Activity: 168
BlackCoin Rewards Card Update!!!

I decided to re-post this one more time because we had a lot of troll activity this morning, and I am sure a few people who are interested missed it.

I just finished making a cup of coffee when I received this wonderful email!

Hi redacted,

Thank you for the follow up email.

Based on the information you had provided, we can certainly submit your account request to our issuing bank to see if we can get the reward and incentive program approved. This would need to be a non-reloadable co-branded card program based on your card needs.

Does this work?  Would you like to proceed with the account set up process?

Many Thanks,
redacted

Yesterday I sent her a follow up email after not hearing back from her, and I also sent her more information on a few idea changes to make it easier to get approved. I am not going to post my idea changes publicly because it has come to my attention that another community is trying to copy our efforts. Imitation is the best form of flattery Smiley

This was a major hurdle to overcome because they do not just submit to the issuing bank unless they are fairly confident it will be approved. I want to point out this does not mean we are approved, but the BlackCoin Rewards Card is closer to becoming a reality!

I think I am going to add a little Mint cream in my Black Coffee  Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
What's happen friday?
 Huh

BlackCoin multipool overload happens Friday ;-)

What do you mean by overload?
 I havent been keeping up

Massive buy pressure. Black hole. Buy time. Big explosion. Hard moneys. It will be terrible. No coin will survive would it not be for "ethic dumping" Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin get some coffee
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
What's happen friday?
 Huh

I havent been keeping up

Massive buy pressure. Black hole. Buy time. Big explosion. Hard moneys. It will be terrible. No coin will survive would it not be for "ethic dumping" Smiley
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
So in summary. Mintcoin has an attack demonstrated against it which proves it is vulnerable.

Blackcoin has suffered no attacks because it is PoS only and no known attacks have been made against the protocol. Yes an exchange was hacked but lots of exchanges get hacked especially bitcoin ones.

+1 Nice how few words are required to sum it all up. Thank you.

alright then... moving on

more sharks grabbing coins under 7k... not seeing much movement below that though.
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
What's happen friday?
 Huh

I havent been keeping up
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Strong troll activity here as mintcoin has reached 12 on mintpal. We should expect more of these guys to come in here with the intention to bash blackcoin. Keep up the good work guys, you're really transparent.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
rat4 wrote you that for those atacks BC POS is not valuable how many times he need wrote the same ?

Writing that you don't think attack vectors exist does not mean that attack vectors do not actually exist.  Replies of "that will not happen" are denials of the rich conceptual history and well noted theoretical problems of proof-of-stake systems.

I visited your links. You do realize no system is 100% secure? If it was created by man it can be defeated by man. I would like to point out the 51% attack with a POS coin in theory IS possible but would be very expensive and would make most of the people here very wealthy. That is similar to me suggesting that if someone took a tank and rolled it into my local bank they could take all of the money out of the vault. Yes it can be done, but the likelihood of someone doing that is virtually impossible.

Well actually:
It's similar to someone having 51% of money in THAT vault, buys a tank with it, to get in the vault, and then shoots all the money. And his tank.

Except everybody but this guy get rich in the meantime Tongue
Activity: 168
rat4 wrote you that for those atacks BC POS is not valuable how many times he need wrote the same ?

Writing that you don't think attack vectors exist does not mean that attack vectors do not actually exist.  Replies of "that will not happen" are denials of the rich conceptual history and well noted theoretical problems of proof-of-stake systems.

I visited your links. You do realize no system is 100% secure? If it was created by man it can be defeated by man. I would like to point out the 51% attack with a POS coin in theory IS possible but would be very expensive and would make most of the people here very wealthy. That is similar to me suggesting that if someone took a tank and rolled it into my local bank they could take all of the money out of the vault. Yes it can be done, but the likelihood of someone doing that is virtually impossible.

Activity: 245
What's happen friday?
 Huh

legendary
Activity: 1036
What's happen friday?
 Huh
Activity: 829
haha.. think of all the noise over the next couple of days as bear traps fellas. sure, people will try to push the price down a bit before black friday. i'm 100,000+ deep on BC and feeling good.

+1
Holding just about and buying more on deeps.
Activity: 245
Yawn... So, black Friday huh? Sounds catchy Smiley Lovely coin; all want a piece of it it seems  Cheesy
Jump to: