Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1283. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Yes, stabilising just above 8000 with some light trading. If this consolidates and holds then I'm super bullish and the next leg up will be strong full of fresh accumulated holders/holdings.

So far this coin reads like a textbook bull market stock.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
thrasher.
So why is the price going up now?  Multipool is still down.  Your theory is wrong.
I have a vert limited internet access atm because of a crappy ISP. If this still holds true at the time of writing, then I feel relieved.

It is still gaining slowly. There is a second mining pool starting testing, if we get a few more we could have a diverse multipool system that would be hard to stop.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Any idea when SHA-256 will become operational in the multipools? I have been following this thread for around 125 pages or so and I don't recall reading anything about that. I apologize if this has been answered before. I am ready to point every weapon I have at the first multipool that has SHA support  Grin

dev stated Sunday should be done by tuesday Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
So why is the price going up now?  Multipool is still down.  Your theory is wrong.
I have a very limited internet access atm because of a crappy ISP. If this still holds true at the time of writing, then I feel relieved.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Any idea when SHA-256 will become operational in the multipools? I have been following this thread for around 125 pages or so and I don't recall reading anything about that. I apologize if this has been answered before. I am ready to point every weapon I have at the first multipool that has SHA support  Grin
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
Blackcoin now in 3rd for volume in the last 24 hours per http://coinmarketcap.com.

Top 20 in market cap (just passed Megacoin).

Grin

And this is just the beginning... Wink
Activity: 98
Feel so fucking stupid.. I was here from day one mining & renting miners etc. Got up to a total of 150K Bc's with spending around 1btc in total.  Shitty times came along and I held through the 400satoshi time, but when it went to 3500, i had to sell. I didnt want to, as I had preached here 5K was cheap, 10K was lowest aim.. And look at me now, I sold a week ago. Got like 3btc, Had i kept it all now I'd get over 12btc. Fuck me. Goodluck in the future, I can't stay here, i'd kill myself when you guys reach 20-40K sat.  May the future be bright.

Relax man, you earned money, that is enough, we ain't God or warren buffett.

Well yeah, people always tell me that, you can't think like that etc etc. The difference is, I knew that this coin would have success, and had it not been that I absolutely HAD to sell, I would never have sold under 10k... So, I will think like that, sadly.

If you feel that way, buy back in now. It's still very, very early. In the early days of Bitcoin, I sold my entire stake more than once and bought back in higher, because I wasn't ready for some of the more extreme volatility. At one point I was holding 3000 BTC. But everyone decides their own risk. I don't kick myself for not keeping that, because there were several points where it looked like it was about to be worth nothing. I don't think it was a mistake -- it easily could have become worthless at that point, and that wasn't a risk I wanted to take. So I didn't become a billionaire, but I still made a handy profit by keeping one ear on the rail and getting back in whenever I thought there was room to grow.

And how much more room is there to grow for Blackcoin (do you think)? 10x, 100x, 1000x growth?

well there's what.. total about 3x as many blackcoin as BTC... so even if we go 1/33 (so 10% of 1/3) value wise, that still gives BC an EASY .03BTC value.

just depends if blackcoin becomes USEFUL or not, whether it'll grow that huge.

How much BC you got per day per 1Mh/s in the multipool ?

zero, because the multipool is down...

you should be able to get .01BTC/MH, so at ~8000satoshi, you'll get 125 blackcoin, in theory.
Activity: 434
Blackcoin now in 3rd for volume in the last 24 hours per http://coinmarketcap.com.

Top 20 in market cap (just passed Megacoin).

Grin
Activity: 95
How much BC you got per day per 1Mh/s in the multipool ?
thrasher.
BTW, what is the timezone of the multipool developpers? The would give some insight on how long it will remain broken.
Broken?  It's even finished being built yet!  How about giving the development a chance.  It's like asking the Wright Bros. after they just landed on the sand dune how come there are not commercial flights yet...........
By broken, I meant it worked for two days and now it doesn't not.

And no one answered my question about timezone.

David, the good thing is that we became billionaires with MINT so far, so we can afford to lose some money over BC the gained only 44% today.
Dont judge someone by his signature. Would being soccer fan mean you hate rugby?

I guess I am just taking a longer term view with the development of the pool.  It is still in beta testing.  It really isn't even open to all miners or even being put out as ready for operation.  So in my mind it has not started yet....

Not to mention the other multipools that will follow in their wake once everyone realizes how good of an idea it is.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
BTW, what is the timezone of the multipool developpers? The would give some insight on how long it will remain broken.
Broken?  It's even finished being built yet!  How about giving the development a chance.  It's like asking the Wright Bros. after they just landed on the sand dune how come there are not commercial flights yet...........

David, the good thing is that we became billionaires with MINT so far, so we can afford to lose some money over BC the gained only 44% today.
Dont judge someone by his signature. Would being soccer fan mean you hate rugby?

I guess I am just taking a longer term view with the development of the pool.  It is still in beta testing.  It really isn't even open to all miners or even being put out as ready for operation.  So in my mind it has not started yet....
Monero Core Team
The reason Cryptsy kill most coins is that they are crap to begin with, just waiting to get on cryptsy for the big dump.
Interesting point of view. Not that I agree (or disagree), but interesting nonetheless.
Monero Core Team

Activity: 568
Merit: 500
We have a blueprint from what has been successful with other crypto currencies.
Could you share this list?

We just have to look at what businesses have successfully been built around cryptocurrencies and build them for blackcoin. This infrastructure would help our currency stay stable and make it viable for commerce. Such as payment (like bitpay), gambling (poker sites, etc), exchanges, hosting companies, etc. Services like these will go a long way to in securing our slow rise.

+1. This is really the key. Merchants bring stability. Wild volatility, on the other hand, is the enemy of merchants (even upward volatility, as it reduces the amount people are willing to trade in the currency day to day).
thrasher.
We just have to look at what businesses have successfully been built around cryptocurrencies and build them for blackcoin. This infrastructure would help our currency stay stable and make it viable for commerce. Such as payment (like bitpay), gambling (poker sites, etc), exchanges, hosting companies, etc. Services like these will go a long way to in securing our slow rise.

If you decide to move forward with the exchange, how long do you estimate before you can do some beta testing?

I giving myself about 4 weeks to start accepting people into a beta test phase, but may be longer. Most of the code is done, I'm still writing spec code once that is finished. I have some features I would like to add too before launch. My javascript is very similar to mintpal though, they did a really good job on their exchange.
Activity: 98
Feel so fucking stupid.. I was here from day one mining & renting miners etc. Got up to a total of 150K Bc's with spending around 1btc in total.  Shitty times came along and I held through the 400satoshi time, but when it went to 3500, i had to sell. I didnt want to, as I had preached here 5K was cheap, 10K was lowest aim.. And look at me now, I sold a week ago. Got like 3btc, Had i kept it all now I'd get over 12btc. Fuck me. Goodluck in the future, I can't stay here, i'd kill myself when you guys reach 20-40K sat.  May the future be bright.

i did the same.. but i bought back in and am trading my way back LOL
Monero Core Team
it's a blackhole for the other alts
I'm used to talk about altcoin as an ecosystem. This is part of what I wrote to rat4 earlier:
I see altcoins as a Darwinian process, most failing, some introducing a useful feature, some becoming predators or maybe one day apex predators (like blackcoins), feeding on smaller preys (like scamcoins/shitcoins/failcoins)...
When you talk about blackhole, I see a parallel with predation. Is blackcoin a predator (remember, predation is just a brutal way to get energy, by stealing energy from other life forms instead of getting from the sun or from eating plants)? I believe it already is.

We ma draw a partial parallel with life's trophic level
On the first trophic level (plants and algae in carbon life) are PoW coin (PoW = photosynthesis;value given by people = sun)
On the second trophic level, we have multipool (whichever coin they are feeding)
Blackcoin was on the first trophic level during its PoW stage. Then for a while, it stayed that way without any way to "eat" (no more PoW/photosynthesis, only expectation people would buy it). It would have cause its death (like what may be happening to poor mintcoin) if it wasn't for the multipool.

Now, if the multipool becomes a huge success (if what happend this week end continue), they blackcoin could become an apex predator, feeding on everything. Zoology taught us that apex predators are dangerous for everyone (obviously) including themselves! They become so well adapted to their ecosystem (read: invincible) that they start to exhaust it - they run out of food.

So my point is: if the multipool succeeds, blackcoin may become an apex predator and exhaust its supply (or its supply may adapt to become invulnerable, like poisonous animals did) and die. Granted, we have time until this happens. But this is very possible.

Enough for the zoology lesson. For now, keep you blackcoin and enjoy the ride. We should have at least two months before coins adapt (if the multipool developper keep their promise of making bc multipool better than other multipools).
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If you decide to move forward with the exchange, how long do you estimate before you can do some beta testing?
thrasher.
Feel so fucking stupid.. I was here from day one mining & renting miners etc. Got up to a total of 150K Bc's with spending around 1btc in total.  Shitty times came along and I held through the 400satoshi time, but when it went to 3500, i had to sell. I didnt want to, as I had preached here 5K was cheap, 10K was lowest aim.. And look at me now, I sold a week ago. Got like 3btc, Had i kept it all now I'd get over 12btc. Fuck me. Goodluck in the future, I can't stay here, i'd kill myself when you guys reach 20-40K sat.  May the future be bright.

Relax man, you earned money, that is enough, we ain't God or warren buffett.

Well yeah, people always tell me that, you can't think like that etc etc. The difference is, I knew that this coin would have success, and had it not been that I absolutely HAD to sell, I would never have sold under 10k... So, I will think like that, sadly.

If you feel that way, buy back in now. It's still very, very early. In the early days of Bitcoin, I sold my entire stake more than once and bought back in higher, because I wasn't ready for some of the more extreme volatility. At one point I was holding 3000 BTC. But everyone decides their own risk. I don't kick myself for not keeping that, because there were several points where it looked like it was about to be worth nothing. I don't think it was a mistake -- it easily could have become worthless at that point, and that wasn't a risk I wanted to take. So I didn't become a billionaire, but I still made a handy profit by keeping one ear on the rail and getting back in whenever I thought there was room to grow.

And how much more room is there to grow for Blackcoin (do you think)? 10x, 100x, 1000x growth?

That is hard to say, but if we focus on adding services and make it usable for commerce we have a lot of room for growth because our model creates a positive feedback loop.
Jump to: