Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1282. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Choo Choo Next Stop 10K  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
it's a blackhole for the other alts
I'm used to talk about altcoin as an ecosystem. This is part of what I wrote to rat4 earlier:
I see altcoins as a Darwinian process, most failing, some introducing a useful feature, some becoming predators or maybe one day apex predators (like blackcoins), feeding on smaller preys (like scamcoins/shitcoins/failcoins)...
When you talk about blackhole, I see a parallel with predation. Is blackcoin a predator (remember, predation is just a brutal way to get energy, by stealing energy from other life forms instead of getting from the sun or from eating plants)? I believe it already is.

We ma draw a partial parallel with life's trophic level
On the first trophic level (plants and algae in carbon life) are PoW coin (PoW = photosynthesis;value given by people = sun)
On the second trophic level, we have multipool (whichever coin they are feeding)
Blackcoin was on the first trophic level during its PoW stage. Then for a while, it stayed that way without any way to "eat" (no more PoW/photosynthesis, only expectation people would buy it). It would have cause its death (like what may be happening to poor mintcoin) if it wasn't for the multipool.

Now, if the multipool becomes a huge success (if what happend this week end continue), they blackcoin could become an apex predator, feeding on everything. Zoology taught us that apex predators are dangerous for everyone (obviously) including themselves! They become so well adapted to their ecosystem (read: invincible) that they start to exhaust it - they run out of food.

So my point is: if the multipool succeeds, blackcoin may become an apex predator and exhaust its supply (or its supply may adapt to become invulnerable, like poisonous animals did) and die. Granted, we have time until this happens. But this is very possible.

Enough for the zoology lesson. For now, keep you blackcoin and enjoy the ride. We should have at least two months before coins adapt (if the multipool developper keep their promise of making bc multipool better than other multipools).

Multipool is only one aspect of Blackcoin.
There is also many other factor of that coin.
About food there will be always something to mine like BTC / LTC...
Later will be probably some services and party will go on.
Whole crypto ecosystem is new we have curlentry market with overloaded new coins.
Eg when mint sterd now we have ZEIT,ECC,GHOST.... < the same coin with just difrent parmeters.
Some folks tried copy BC Cheesy but rat4 probably setuped trap Cheesy and they hard forked few times in row 1st night...
In top of that BC have something unique is like POS version of BTC.
And 1st coins with such low inflation in same time rewards can be get in every 8h for supporting

Is hard to say what will be adaptation of BC in future because all can happened.
Anyway as currency BC in next 10 years will be more deflationary than BTC just note that
this is true long therm potential of BC.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Crypto Rush ‏@TheCryptoRush 35m

Update on BlackCoin: Still waiting for the developer to assist us with the issues we're having.

Cryptorush sucks.  How did every other exchange manage to get it working, but they cant?  It takes less than 5 minutes to rebuild the daemon from source.

They can't even keep BTC working either.

Could a Dev please assist cryptorush in fixing their Black coin wallet.  I have a heap their that have been "frozen" since last night (Australia time).   I promise I will move them to a more efficient exchange.....Please! (we know your busy but just this once  Grin )

Also anybody else unable to withdraw their BTC from Cryptorush?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
yeah pool is up or not
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This is it. I just finished investing my monthly amount of money (100 euros) in blackcoins, I am 2000 BC richer. I did it with the "gradual buy" method as explained earlier. Muy highest but for non is 8234.

If you plan to buy at cheaper prices: do NOT place buy orders at less than 8000. This is an important psychological barrier. I would even say do not buy at less than 8010, because some people will always try to sell cheaper than you and then break the 8000 barrier.

I did my part, continue doing jours!

pfft, my buys are at 7500 Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Miners on my node were payed out for today. Please check your miner page stats and verify the amount. Also some balances have been rolled over into this round, so even if you're not mining on it anymore, if you have a rollover balance you will get it next payout (this is your "immature" balance at the time of payout).

The payout script I was running was giving me a hell of a time again, so in the end I had to send out two sets of payments. But I believe I at least figured out why the script is aborting. Unfortunately it's not an error in my code, but may be due to the fast block times of BC. So we'll see if I can figure something out... but sleep first! Tongue
Activity: 399
Merit: 257
Things too good to be true usually are... except for the guy who bought $27 worth of bitcoin in '09 and is now a millionaire.
Even worse is the guy that paid 7M for two pizzas he ordered with 10,000 BTC he'd mined in 2010:  Embarrassed

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2013/12/23/the-bitcoin-pizza-purchase-thats-worth-7-million-today/

Moral of the story: Never sell-out cheap. You never know!

Your comment is actually an ignorant assertion that is likely based on a newcomer's perspective. Bitcoin had no real trading value back then, and a lot of people were unwilling to begin the process of finding it. That guy was willing to, so a decent number of Bitcoin vets consider him somewhat of a hero in the crypto community. Someone had to start trading with Bitcoins; otherwise, it would have just ended up being hoarded by thousands of people hoping that somebody would back the coin with actual goods and services.
Activity: 154
This thing is ripe for a pump right now, look how thin those walls are to 8250 - don't dump.
Activity: 126
Crypto Rush ‏@TheCryptoRush 5m

#Titanium #TTN markets launched! BTC/LTC/DOGE markets added. Congrats for winning todays vote.

I rest my case  Roll Eyes

Update on BlackCoin: Still waiting for the developer to assist us with the issues we're having.

Cryptorush sucks.  How did every other exchange manage to get it working, but they cant?  It takes less than 5 minutes to rebuild the daemon from source.

I don't know, but they have so so many coins... that perhaps they are overloaded  Grin
Activity: 238

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
This is it. I just finished investing my monthly amount of money (100 euros) in blackcoins, I am 2000 BC richer. I did it with the "gradual buy" method as explained earlier. Muy highest buy for now is 8234.

If you plan to buy at cheaper prices: do NOT place buy orders at less than 8000. This is an important psychological barrier. I would even say do not buy at less than 8010, because some people will always try to sell cheaper than you and then break the 8000 barrier.

I did my part, continue doing jours!

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Any idea when SHA-256 will become operational in the multipools? I have been following this thread for around 125 pages or so and I don't recall reading anything about that. I apologize if this has been answered before. I am ready to point every weapon I have at the first multipool that has SHA support  Grin

dev stated Sunday should be done by tuesday Smiley

As in March 25th Tuesday? If so that is wonderful news! I was keeping my fingers crossed for some time next week.

this week
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I have a question these top 3 wallets have each gained % over the past day. Ok, but the % is real close to the same for each of them. First look I seen 15% for each, then 8% for each now 7% for each. Why would they be going up the same % each time.

They went up again so does anybody still think these are just exchanges?

No worries, the list is not correct at the moment since we had a hard fork. the dev of the list is fixing this in the morning.
Monero Core Team
I just turned 38 today (technically, in 9 hours). BC si a nice Birthday gift  Grin

I am using IconicExpert's method of slow buying atm. I invest 0.01 BTC at a time. I lose money in the short term but it will help blackcoin in the long term. Do like me. IconicExpert or others, please restate your method, it is too painful for me to do it on a smartphone.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Any idea when SHA-256 will become operational in the multipools? I have been following this thread for around 125 pages or so and I don't recall reading anything about that. I apologize if this has been answered before. I am ready to point every weapon I have at the first multipool that has SHA support  Grin

dev stated Sunday should be done by tuesday Smiley

As in March 25th Tuesday? If so that is wonderful news! I was keeping my fingers crossed for some time next week.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Yes, stabilising just above 8000 with some light trading. If this consolidates and holds then I'm super bullish and the next leg up will be strong full of fresh accumulated holders/holdings.

So far this coin reads like a textbook bull market stock.

anything under 10 mil is pretty cheap as this coin could be a 500 mil coin. It's going to take weeks to get the word out though
Monero Core Team
It is still gaining slowly. There is a second mining pool starting testing, if we get a few more we could have a diverse multipool system that would be hard to stop.
Good. Diversity matters.
Jump to: