Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1296. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
Ride is over... Grin Grin
Now better hurry up and buy more before its too late
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Things too good to be true usually are... except for the guy who bought $27 worth of blackcoin in '14 and is now a millionaire.
Fixed  Wink

Also this dump, i should have sold and bought back in  Roll Eyes
Activity: 308
wow big dumps happening - when will people learn...

i just bought more -  Grin

I'm transfering btc to mintpal right now to buy again! lol
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Some help about minting please.

I have my wallet open. I have entered the command "walletpassphrase 999999 true". The little padlock icon is open and the pop-up note says "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked". When I move the cursor over the green up-arrow icon the pop-up reads "Staking. Your weight is 16447. Network weight is 18115819. Expected time to earn reward is 18 hours."

Does this mean I need to leave my wallet unlocked for 18 hours to get the coins?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

well then you're either a fucking moron or a liar.
omg from 9000 to -6000 all the sudden
Activity: 154

Activity: 196
Fak you blackcoin, this dump shall be greater than vertcoin's.
Activity: 168
I have a lot of the code finished, and have been writing test code for it. If there is enough interest I might be able to start with a few currencies to test the waters. Otherwise I could always hold back and create complementary mining pool software go alongside it.

There will definitely be interest. However, I must point out the obvious. Starting an exchange is a huge undertaking, the security issues alone is a nightmare. I have been a software engineer for over 10 years and I have worked on everything you can imagine, and I would be very hesitant to create an exchange because of the numerous headaches. But I do believe something like this would take BC to the next level. People would look at BC totally different if it was traded against other AltCoins.

Another option is to convince one of the established exchanges to implement this.
I deposited some BTC from cryptsy to mintpal. Is this normal I don't see anything on mintpal after already half an hour in my BTC balance?

On the same boat here. BTC is very slow, it might take up to 3 hours to confirm.

I deposited from my multibit wallet to mintpal just 10 minutes ago, and it's availale already.
Activity: 182
I deposited some BTC from cryptsy to mintpal. Is this normal I don't see anything on mintpal after already half an hour in my BTC balance?

look in deposits, and see if it's there, and if it's pending, but it can take an hour or more since you send out from craptsy

ok thanks :-)
Activity: 238
Help? Just compiled the newest blackcoind, but it's not connecting to any peers. It just keeps trying one peer over and over (74.220.199.8:6181) and getting a connection timeout. IRC connect fail. The old version was working fine... wth.

Anyone know some nodes I can throw in the conf file?

Bump... please help, we really need some nodes to resync our blockchain!!!

11:51:59
?
getpeerinfo

THANK YOU! But something is obviously going wrong... the new headless client just won't connect to anything. Screwy. For some reason the version we were running last night went into safe mode, so I just compiled the latest off github (blackcoin/blackcoin) but ...?! all connections are being refused from it. Might have to revert... damn it.

I built 1.0.5 from the github source for the block explorer and it seems to be working fine.  Did you get any errors?
thrasher.
I'm thinking about starting the first exchange that uses blackcoin as the primary coin of exchange. The code I have been working on would be similar to mintpal.

For example we would have:
BC <-> BTC
BC <-> LTC
BC <-> PPC
BC <-> DOGE
etc...

This would allow multipool exchange operators to directly exchange into blackcoin making it cheaper and easier for everyone. We could even do trading discounts on targeted currencies.  

How much interest is there in this idea? I love the idea of a blackhole currency that absorbs weaker altcoins.

I wrote about this exact thing a few pages ago. This is what BC needs to set itself apart from other AltCoins. It would be nice if we could convince Mintpal to do this, like they did with LTC. It will make BC value explode overnight. But unfortunately BC is not proven yet and I think you would have to create the exchange for this to happen. 

Well I'm very serious about this idea, it would just be a matter of getting enough initial support to have enough liquidity. We could do 1 currency at a time it if helped possibly.
Activity: 568
Merit: 500
Help? Just compiled the newest blackcoind, but it's not connecting to any peers. It just keeps trying one peer over and over (74.220.199.8:6181) and getting a connection timeout. IRC connect fail. The old version was working fine... wth.

Anyone know some nodes I can throw in the conf file?

Bump... please help, we really need some nodes to resync our blockchain!!!

11:51:59
?
getpeerinfo

THANK YOU! But something is obviously going wrong... the new headless client just won't connect to anything. Screwy. For some reason the version we were running last night went into safe mode, so I just compiled the latest off github (blackcoin/blackcoin) but ...?! all connections are being refused from it. Might have to revert... damn it.

look in deposits, and see if it's there, and if it's pending, but it can take an hour or more since you send out from craptsy
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC

On the same boat here. BTC is very slow, it might take up to 3 hours to confirm.
Activity: 182
Activity: 385
The only other coin somewhat like blackcoin is Nextcoin

Nextcoin has 1 billion coins  13.3 times more then bc with a value of .000065
Nextcoin has a harder to use interface and the need to invest alot just to forge blocks to generate coins

With Blackcoin everyone has more of a chance to earn interest

With that in context blackcoins value should be when considered to nextcoin .0008465

That should be everyones target price.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I agree, look even stupid shitcoin of Greececoin is higer now and you cannot compare BC community with a stupid aurora wannabe

These are 1 day to 1 week coins. 1 huge P&D, a couple of more modest size P&Ds, that's it.

They have nothing to do with BC.  
Hello,

I am new with blackcoin. How to mine this cryptocurrencie???
Thanks.

you cannot mine it, only buy it on an exchange or use the multipool that will be operational soon, that will buy BC by mining other coins selling them to buy bc and pay you out in bc.

+1 to everything Iconic said plus one thing (that he said last time)
Don't buy everything at once. Divide up your btc in small increments to keep the rise going. One massive buy will shorten the spike, whilst several small buy orders will lenghten it.
Sure, you will lose some satoshi (or hundred of satoshi, at present rate) in the short term. But in the long run, you help everyone (you included) getting even more money.

Iconic, please confirm I understood correctly.

Yes you understood correctly Smiley.

When someone puts up a sell order for 4 BTC it slows the momentum down, and often cause the price to retract.

so true!
Jump to: