Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1298. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
+1 to everything Iconic said plus one thing (that he said last time)
Don't buy everything at once. Divide up your btc in small increments to keep the rise going. One massive buy will shorten the spike, whilst several small buy orders will lenghten it.
Sure, you will lose some satoshi (or hundred of satoshi, at present rate) in the short term. But in the long run, you help everyone (you included) getting even more money.

Iconic, please confirm I understood correctly.

Sigh... we would have been well above 10k sat if it wasn't for some people who cannot grasp the concept of trading. I know I keep repeating myself, and I apologize in advance to the more knowledgeable traders. Please stop selling for lower than the last sell order! This is NOT a pump and dump, and there is currently high demand for BlackCoin. You are only cheating yourself if you reduce your price just to make a quick sale. Will waiting an extra 10 - 20 minutes really going to make a difference? Just set your sell order(s) a few sat higher than the last price and have a little patience. I promise it will be sold within several minutes. We can easily take this to 20k sat in the next week if we use some common sense when selling.

I do not have a clue when this current wave of buying is going to stop, but by looking at the volume and buy orders it is not going to stop anytime soon.

If you are on the sideline and you think you have missed the chance to buy BlackCoin you are wrong. Even at 9000 sat BlackCoin is a good buy. BlackCoin is on track to be worth $1 USD in several weeks. This is not wishful thinking but I am basing this on some key factors.

1.) The coin was fairly distributed.
2.) We have an active developer that didn't dump a bunch of his coins and vanished.
3.) The developer actually knows what he is doing which gives everyone confidence in the coin.
4.) We have a very passionate community that is growing steadily every day.

The last piece in this puzzle is we need to break away completely from BTC. BTC value is slowly going down and with it, it is bring down the value of the rest of the alt coins. We still have to convert BC to BTC before converting to Fiat.

A.) We need a BC to Fiat exchange.
B.) As BC becomes more valuable we need to convince Mintpal to give BC it's own pair with other coins.

I know most people think BTC is the gold standard, but why? BTC is not fundamentally better than BlackCoin, and just because it has been around longer doesn't mean it is better. If we really want to see BC be on the same level of BTC or surpass it, we first have to break away from it.
Monero Core Team
The advantage is you get the entire P2P network of hash rate. The DOGE network for example is at ~1.7 GH/s. When the network finds a block, all the nodes that are mining on it get paid out. It's essentially the entire network solo-mining together. In the long-run, you do make more if you run own P2P node and mine on it (provided you have sufficient hash power) than mining that same coin at a pool because of your own near zero DOA rate, 1% (or less) fee, and "100% up time" in that if you have an internet connection, you are mining.
You mean you get 100% divided among users instead of 99%? Downtime does thing to be that much of a problem normally (I may be wrong, are pools often offline?) and I don't understant DOA at all.

Thanks for the explanation still (including the part I did not quote because I understood it).
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I'm thinking about starting the first exchange that uses blackcoin as the primary coin of exchange. The code I have been working on would be similar to mintpal.

For example we would have:
BC <-> BTC
BC <-> LTC
BC <-> PPC
BC <-> DOGE
etc...

This would allow multipool exchange operators to directly exchange into blackcoin making it cheaper and easier for everyone. We could even do trading discounts on targeted currencies.  

How much interest is there in this idea? I love the idea of a blackhole currency that absorbs weaker altcoins.

Profit switching pools need volume, so you first would need to attract that, the pools would come later. Sounds good in general and BC needs all the services it can possibly get
Activity: 238
I'm thinking about starting the first exchange that uses blackcoin as the primary coin of exchange. The code I have been working on would be similar to mintpal.

BC <-> BTC
BC <-> LTC
BC <-> PPC
BC <-> DOGE
etc...

This would allow multipool exchange operators to directly exchange into blackcoin making it cheaper and easier for everyone. We could even do trading discounts on targeted currencies.  

How much interest is there in this idea? I love the idea of a blackhole currency that absorbs weaker altcoins.

Mintpal works nearly perfect why bother
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
thrasher.

BC <-> BTC
BC <-> LTC
BC <-> PPC
BC <-> DOGE
etc...

Activity: 210
wow fantastic movement from BC
i've bought at 5000 two days ago and now at 8000
sell or hold?

Buy more
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
wow fantastic movement from BC
i've bought at 5000 two days ago and now at 8000
sell or hold?
Activity: 196
Things too good to be true usually are... except for the guy who bought $27 worth of bitcoin in '09 and is now a millionaire.
Even worse is the guy that paid 7M for two pizzas he ordered with 10,000 BTC he'd mined in 2010:  Embarrassed

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2013/12/23/the-bitcoin-pizza-purchase-thats-worth-7-million-today/

Moral of the story: Never sell-out cheap. You never know!

OMG yes that's crazy.. fact is, how could he think that 10.000btc would be worth that much now?

I certainly have a hard time "believing" so to speak that the coins I hold will be worth something in a few years, so yes I relate to the story hehe

Anyone heard from the pizza guy? LOL

probably on his private island right now lol
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Things too good to be true usually are... except for the guy who bought $27 worth of bitcoin in '09 and is now a millionaire.
Even worse is the guy that paid 7M for two pizzas he ordered with 10,000 BTC he'd mined in 2010:  Embarrassed

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmack/2013/12/23/the-bitcoin-pizza-purchase-thats-worth-7-million-today/

OMG yes that's crazy.. fact is, how could he think that 10.000btc would be worth that much now?

I certainly have a hard time "believing" so to speak that the coins I hold will be worth something in a few years, so yes I relate to the story hehe

Anyone heard from the pizza guy? LOL

Activity: 644
p2p from creator idea of bc multipool ^^ ( Blade87)
http://www.cryptoalts.com
Newbie question: what is the advantage of p2p multipool over traditionnal multipool (and p2p pool over traditionnal pool, by the way)

The advantage is you get the entire P2P network of hash rate. The DOGE network for example is at ~1.7 GH/s. When the network finds a block, all the nodes that are mining on it get paid out. It's essentially the entire network solo-mining together. In the long-run, you do make more if you run own P2P node and mine on it (provided you have sufficient hash power) than mining that same coin at a pool because of your own near zero DOA rate, 1% (or less) fee, and "100% up time" in that if you have an internet connection, you are mining.

The disadvantage of P2P is that it requires over 1 MH/s to really be effective on it. And it is also very location dependent. But more will be getting set up so those in the EU, Australia, and etc have nodes they can failover to without the high DOA rates. But that's a week+ down the line. Right now I need to figure out why my payout scripts are stopping 3/4 of the way through having me to go process the rest manually. P2Pool as also has a "ramp up" period that turns off a lot of miners. I don't quite understand it, but you don't start getting your full payouts until 6-24 hours after you start, but in the end when you stop mining completely, you get this ramp down period of payouts that make up for the initial ramp up period.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

BlackCoin (BC)   Maintenance   Maintenance   Maintenance

Crypto Rush
I send blackcoins and this happen

yeah they are trading with your blackcoins now^^

better stay on mintpal working fine over here
Activity: 195
Till yesterday all my cryptos holdings were split 50% 50% mint and blackcoins.... yesterday I did the move, sold all my mint for blackcoins..... What a great feeling this morning!

Did that a week ago...  Smiley
Activity: 182
BlackCoin (BC)   Maintenance   Maintenance   Maintenance

Crypto Rush
I send blackcoins and this happen
Monero Core Team
p2p from creator idea of bc multipool ^^ ( Blade87)
http://www.cryptoalts.com
Newbie question: what is the advantage of p2p multipool over traditionnal multipool (and p2p pool over traditionnal pool, by the way)
Activity: 568
Special of the day:
If you need a break from gambling on the market, come gamble with us  Wink

Between now and Midnight, GMT, place $300 in bets at StrikeSapphire (excluding poker) and we will send you 1000 BlackCoins!

This is a one-day promotion. This is open to Bitcoin users as well (although BlackCoin deposits are preferred).
Activity: 140
CR isnt inside trading they are updating wallet, The only one thats been trading without a hitch is mintpal. This is one healthy coin, multipools seem to have took 10 satoshi off doge last night.
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Blackcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Blackcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

BDLyuuX7L9FJcLjjtG6uYgPxfSU72FNutH

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
Jump to: