Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1669. (Read 2509908 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 250
This is bs. Not only you had to begin mine this coin at day 1, but all will be mined in first week. If you are not in it very early, you don't get shit. Why would I even bother to start mining this anymore? This is not what decentralized currency is supposed to be. This is fuckin pyramid scheme. Fuckin shitcoin!

^^^^^^^^^^^
Raging because he didn't get in the first day
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This is bs. Not only you had to begin mine this coin at day 1, but all will be mined in first week. If you are not in it very early, you don't get shit. Why would I even bother to start mining this anymore? This is not what decentralized currency is supposed to be. This is fuckin pyramid scheme. Fuckin shitcoin!

hi, factually incorrect.

go rent some rigs and get mining
Activity: 154
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
As has been said a thousand times in this thread it is 1% nominal interest.  That 1% can be compounded as much as every 8 hours.   If you don't understand what compound interest means then go look it up.  If you don't think that will be enough POS then don't bother, leave it to the people who actually understand.  

I don't really understand it because of the randomness nature of it. Could you tell me if I have lets say 0.1% of the total coins i.e. 100k BC, and the PoS begins, how many am I expected to have after 10 days? 100 days? year?

Thanks!
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
New p2pool in the hood
@
p2pool-miner

Come join the p2pool party

Activity: 518
Just charged faucet with 1000 BC. Everyone can have some free coins  Grin

Grat, i have sent another 2000 to support you and this coin !
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
i think the coin have forked on greekpool
the dev should take a closer look

Why you think so?
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
i think the coin have forked on greekpool
the dev should take a closer look
Activity: 574
This thing is going to go ape spit when it hits a decent exchange.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Not worth renting anymore Sad
I never knew about these renting sites, looks like a good play for those good at picking new coins.

I'm renting out my rig there right now. That's good to do if you don't have anything in mind to mine. Steady payout !

You know what I never really rented any miners as I have my own but for this coin I might consider renting some additional MH/s , I want to throw as much Mh/s at it before it goes scarce - Can someone recommend a site?

Yea thanks for spreading the info... idiots.
Activity: 476

You sir, are a hero!

VOTE FOR MINTPAL!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
Activity: 210
This may have been asked/answered elsewhere but I've looked and cannot find anything straightforward, either here or or blackcoin.co:

How do you set your BC wallet up for PoS minting? After wallet encrypt it shows stake miner locked for minting.

Is it done with a simple command in debug console? If so, what is the exact command?

Or is it something more complicated, involving setup of a .conf in your %appdata% folder? Again, details please, if this is the way.

Please make reply PoS-noob friendly, I have never done this setup before. Thanks very much.

It should be a simple case of typing "walletpassphrase "your password" 9999999 true" in the debug console

However I'm having problems with the wallet being unlocked but it saying "stake miner suspended due to locked wallet"
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
This may have been asked/answered elsewhere but I've looked and cannot find anything straightforward, either here or or blackcoin.co:

How do you set your BC wallet up for PoS minting? After wallet encrypt it shows stake miner locked for minting.

Is it done with a simple command in debug console? If so, what is the exact command?

Or is it something more complicated, involving setup of a .conf in your %appdata% folder? Again, details please, if this is the way.

Please make reply PoS-noob friendly, I have never done this setup before. Thanks very much.
I second that. Well said.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Hi,

The stake of 1% annually. Does this mean you get 1% extra coins per year? (Much lower than with MINT or EBT)

Anybody?

i am also very interested in an answer to this very important question

Thats the function in the source:

Code:
// miner's coin stake reward based on coin age spent (coin-days)
int64 GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8);

if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
        printf("GetProofOfStakeReward(): create=%s nCoinAge=%"PRI64d"\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy).c_str(), nCoinAge);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 0.01 (1%)

But I couldn't figure it out when and how often it applies.
Maybe a DEV could help to understand this better?

edit: typo

Thanks for the feedback. So it really is 1%. This basically means it is a pure POW coin, since nobody will be really interested in the PoS rewards, I think.

I think you really need to consider the compound interest.  1% of the 1% 3 times a day could add up fairly quickly.

can anyone say how much is it with the compound interest?
i made some math, but it's seem (maybe i'm wrong) that in very few higher than 1% year Sad
Activity: 266

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

blackcoin p2pool node
GREAT FOR MASSIVE MINERS - CURRENTLY THE NODE IS @ 400Mhs!
http://freebtc.eu:8336/
1% fee
USAGE:

Code:
cgminer.exe -o freebtc.eu:8336 - u your_wallet_address -p x
Activity: 258
Still looking for a pool to mine at?

Check out my p2pnode at http://p2pools.cryptoprojects.eu:9336/static/
Jump to: