Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1668. (Read 2509908 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Tsk didn't realise was on different site I'm not registered at, still a vote to increase BC popularity is a vote well spent
Activity: 238
This is bs. Not only you had to begin mine this coin at day 1, but all will be mined in first week. If you are not in it very early, you don't get shit. Why would I even bother to start mining this anymore? This is not what decentralized currency is supposed to be. This is fuckin pyramid scheme. Fuckin shitcoin!

^^^^^^^^^^^
Raging because he didn't get in the first day

YEP! THIS IS PYRAMID SCHEME!

Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? 

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
The Mac wallet crashes at launch on 10.9

Crashed on first run for me. Relaunch the wallet and it should be fine.
Activity: 196
WESLEY SNIPES JUST UNLOADED 5 COINS
Activity: 798

Hi, what error do you get? Running just fine here on several Macs, both 10.8 and 10.9.

There is a known bug for BlackCoin wallets of all operating systems at the moment: if the wallet does not start for the very first time, please ignore the error and try again. This issue is going to be fixed ASAP.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
However I'm having problems with the wallet being unlocked but it saying "stake miner suspended due to locked wallet"

Rat can you look into this please ?

Or do I need to restart wallet after console unlock ?

Don't worry. It's fixed in next release.

Fantastic, I guess it will be all working come POS time Cheesy

Do you have anything lined up for the coin, we really need something lucrative to garner interest from people because I worry a little once the miners can't be useful anymore that coin won't really have anywhere to go. But if there's something good for the coin to give it real validity I could see it being Bitcoin 2.0 because of such fair launch, no premine and the POS system in place
Activity: 690
Merit: 501
Just bought another 20,000 BlackCoin. I am all in, balls deep.  Grin
Activity: 606
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆

Hey guys and gals, I have decided to help out with building the community around Blackcoin by writing an article for my community! In this article, I express why Blackcoin is going to be a major winner and has our backing and support.

Blackcoin: PoS On Steroids: http://altcoinauthority.com/2014/02/blackcoin-pos-on-steroids/

Also, I have a very large community of altcoin enthusiasts and will be hosting a giveaway to get them started on blackcoin. A majority of them aren't miners so they will be looking at picking up some coins from the exchanges.

I will be paying them out of my own pocket so if anyone would like to donate to the promotion of Blackcoin, please send me a PM. We host very successful giveaways over at Altcoin Authority and will bring in hundreds of new users over the next few days. Any amount will be greatly appreciated and will go directly to building the community around Blackcoin. We hope to see this coin succeed big time so if you feel the same way, please consider donating. Please send me a PM if you are interested in helping out. Smiley

Blackcoin to the moon!!  Cheesy

★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆★~☆

Great Job!  +1
Activity: 11
This is bs. Not only you had to begin mine this coin at day 1, but all will be mined in first week. If you are not in it very early, you don't get shit. Why would I even bother to start mining this anymore? This is not what decentralized currency is supposed to be. This is fuckin pyramid scheme. Fuckin shitcoin!

RAGE!!!!!!!
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes/mio/sp-framework/timthumb/timthumb.php?src=http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/RageFaceBlackSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c&s=&f=&cc=&ct=
Activity: 266
This may have been asked/answered elsewhere but I've looked and cannot find anything straightforward, either here or or blackcoin.co:

How do you set your BC wallet up for PoS minting? After wallet encrypt it shows stake miner locked for minting.

Is it done with a simple command in debug console? If so, what is the exact command?

Or is it something more complicated, involving setup of a .conf in your %appdata% folder? Again, details please, if this is the way.

Please make reply PoS-noob friendly, I have never done this setup before. Thanks very much.

It should be a simple case of typing "walletpassphrase "your password" 9999999 true" in the debug console

However I'm having problems with the wallet being unlocked but it saying "stake miner suspended due to locked wallet"

Right - I just would like a confirm of this from a dev that it actually works in this wallet (some people seem to be saying it does not). Also not sure how secure this is since it requires plaintext entry of password going into history, though maybe that can be deleted. Would really like to see comprehensive and clear guidance.
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared

Don't worry. It's fixed in next release.

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Back online selling BC!

Current prices: .015 per 1,000 BC
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

Some mine, some buy. This is a good coin with honesty since the start. No premine, smooth launch. I'm loving it although mining is getting harder every damn minute.
You can buy them for cheap now @ https://cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

Buy them cheap, before the whales starting pumping soon.
Activity: 56
Hi,

The stake of 1% annually. Does this mean you get 1% extra coins per year? (Much lower than with MINT or EBT)

Anybody?

i am also very interested in an answer to this very important question

Thats the function in the source:

Code:
// miner's coin stake reward based on coin age spent (coin-days)
int64 GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8);

if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
        printf("GetProofOfStakeReward(): create=%s nCoinAge=%"PRI64d"\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy).c_str(), nCoinAge);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 0.01 (1%)

But I couldn't figure it out when and how often it applies.
Maybe a DEV could help to understand this better?

edit: typo

Thanks for the feedback. So it really is 1%. This basically means it is a pure POW coin, since nobody will be really interested in the PoS rewards, I think.

I think you really need to consider the compound interest.  1% of the 1% 3 times a day could add up fairly quickly.

can anyone say how much is it with the compound interest?
i made some math, but it's seem (maybe i'm wrong) that in very few higher than 1% year Sad

It looks like 1% interest per year to me, just do the math on the equation.  I'm assuming nCoinAge is in days, not hours:

nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8 )

365*.01*33 / (365*33+8) = 0.00999336264

IMHO, I think 1% interest is fine and actually makes the coin strong.  There is complete stability in the money supply with slow growth, and no massive ballooning of coins which drives price down..
Activity: 476

Some mine, some buy. This is a good coin with honesty since the start. No premine, smooth launch. I'm loving it although mining is getting harder every damn minute.
You can buy them for cheap now @ https://cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4
Activity: 154

^^^^^^^^^^^
Raging because he didn't get in the first day

YEP! THIS IS PYRAMID SCHEME!
Jump to: